The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mag DK: Off balance not procing with Rearming Trap

Eigh1_Puppies
Eigh1_Puppies
✭✭✭
SO. My understanding with Rearming Trap, is that it is supposed to immobilize the enemy for 6 seconds after the initial trap, then spring again with the same affect reapplied for another 6 seconds. Furthermore, my understanding of Flame Lash is that if you strike an immobilized enemy, they should be set off balance, allowing for you to strike the enemy with Power Lash. However, I felt like Power Lash was never getting procced against the dps test dummy. To test this, I set the trap, and only used Flame Lash for the entire 12 seconds Rearming Trap was active. Not a single Power Lash. Am I the only one with this bug or am I missing something?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO. My understanding with Rearming Trap, is that it is supposed to immobilize the enemy for 6 seconds after the initial trap, then spring again with the same affect reapplied for another 6 seconds. Furthermore, my understanding of Flame Lash is that if you strike an immobilized enemy, they should be set off balance, allowing for you to strike the enemy with Power Lash. However, I felt like Power Lash was never getting procced against the dps test dummy. To test this, I set the trap, and only used Flame Lash for the entire 12 seconds Rearming Trap was active. Not a single Power Lash. Am I the only one with this bug or am I missing something?

I just tested this against normal mobs and it works fine. Trap immobilizes, flame lash sets it off balance, using it again does a power lash attack.

Maybe the issue is that a target dummy is immune to immobilizes? (no idea really, i dont have access to one)
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they changed dummies so they can't get stunned/immobalized/snared to reflect bosses in dungeons and trials more. You should still get off balance from lightning blockade tho, if you're using that.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR