Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

jewelry crafting dailies reward changes are NOT awesome

Linaleah
Linaleah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
so.. with wolfhunter DLC we were supposed to have gotten better chances at gold grains from daily writs, right? it was supposed to help, right?

except, for me personaly, it has backfired spectacularly.

I have one max jewelry crafter. she has yet to get a single gold grain. the rest are crafting at pewter level. I used to get some green, blue grains, occasional purple. but since they have been removed from loot tables, I do not get them, which makes them slower to collect for furniture crafting, but I'm not getting ANY gold grains on any one character either. instead... I'm now getting even MORE useless trait grains.

was that intentional? I thought the change was supposed to make things better, not worse.
dirty worthless casual.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 20 or more gold grains since the change. I got exactly 1 from hundreds of writs prior to the change. I'm quite happy with the situation as it is right now.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten 20 or more gold grains since the change. I got exactly 1 from hundreds of writs prior to the change. I'm quite happy with the situation as it is right now.

Yep, same here. I have three max jewelry crafters and on average I get 1.5 grains per day. That's *a lot* better than before the patch.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what you are saying is its just my utterly rotten RNG? becasue I get ZERO of ANY grains now. gold or otherwise (not an exaggeration, i have been tracking and the ONLY grains I get nowadays are from refining raw dusts or occasional decostructing of drops). at least prior to change I got greens, blues and purples. I wish rather then removing THOSE out of the loot tabel, they removed the trait grains completely instead. trait grains are pointless. you only get the same ones that you get from refinement but more importantly, you only get the grains that dropped jewelry already comes with. how many infused, arcane or robust jewels can one possibly need to craft exactly? to justify just how much more common they are vs any other trait stones OR upgrade grains for that matter?

right now? my chance of getting trait grains i neither want or need has gone up, while my chances of getting upgrade materials of ANY color - have dropped significantly. I'm sorry, but this change? SUCKS.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt get any yet. but my husband got 2 in a row from 2 crafting dailies
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten more gold grains than before....but im starting to see way less purple grains.....at this pace eventually those may become more scarce.....unless farming dolmens for purple jewelry...even there it seems purples are way down
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is absolutely incorrect. I run max writs on 5 chars daily, and I get plenty more gold grains than I did before the update. Sure, it means we don't get the purple, green or blue grains, but I'd really rather have gold grains than those.
    The droprate seems to be similar to the droprate of the other gold tempers, maybe slightly lower, but I do get at least a few per day.

The system is fine, if anything, you could perhaps get rewarded a purple or blue grain on the occasions where you didn't get a gold one. That would be ok.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still doing pretty low level jewelry writs and I'm seeing gold grains where I saw none at all before. I have just gone from pewter to copper though (I did say low level), so that might have affected it.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is absolutely incorrect. I run max writs on 5 chars daily, and I get plenty more gold grains than I did before the update. Sure, it means we don't get the purple, green or blue grains, but I'd really rather have gold grains than those.
    The droprate seems to be similar to the droprate of the other gold tempers, maybe slightly lower, but I do get at least a few per day.

The system is fine, if anything, you could perhaps get rewarded a purple or blue grain on the occasions where you didn't get a gold one. That would be ok.

again. this is NOT my experience. I didn't get any gold grains before the change. I'm not getting any gold grains after. I did get other upgrade grains before the change. i'm getting NONE of them now.

increasing the chance of gold grain drop rates didn't seem to have applied to my account, only removing other upgrade grains out of the loot tables did.

I do all the crafting writs daily on 10 characters, for reference. in MY experience, I was better off before the change. at least i used to get SOME upgrade grains before. right now? all I get are trait stones. IMO, they should have removes TRAIT stones out of loot tables instead of other upgrade grains.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that before the change you could get any level of grains from dailies (and the gold ones were basically non existant). Now you will only receive gold grains if you get grains at all. The overall drop chance for any type of grain may have gone down but the quality overall has gone up.

For example, under the old system I may have recieved 2 green, 1 blue, 1 purple from 10 writs (value of about 2000 gold total). Under the new system, perhaps instead of that, I would get 2 gold grains out of 10 writs (value of about 18,000 gold total).
    Edited by redspecter23 on August 22, 2018 1:21PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The patch has been out for 10 days, you cant declare a pattern on something that is still based on RNG.

Edited by Nestor on August 22, 2018 2:02PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The patch has been out for two days, you cant declare a pattern on something that is still based on RNG.

wolfhunter was out for 9 days, not 2.

I also kept all the writs from before the release of DLC so we are talking 10, or is it 11 now? sets of crafting writs that I did. on 10 characters.

zero. upgrade. grains. I think its enough to start showing a pattern.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 22, 2018 1:49PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that before the change you could get any level of grains from dailies (and the gold ones were basically non existant). Now you will only receive gold grains if you get grains at all. The overall drop chance for any type of grain may have gone down but the quality overall has gone up.

For example, under the old system I may have recieved 2 green, 1 blue, 1 purple from 10 writs (value of about 2000 gold total). Under the new system, perhaps instead of that, I would get 2 gold grains out of 10 writs (value of about 18,000 gold total).

under old system at least I received some grains. under new system I'm receiving NO upgrade grains.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

under old system at least I received some grains. under new system I'm receiving NO upgrade grains.

Give it time. It's just bad RNG by the looks of it. Players are definitely receiving more overall value from the writs than before.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The patch has been out for two days, you cant declare a pattern on something that is still based on RNG.

wolfhunter was out for 9 days, not 2.

I also kept all the writs from before the release of DLC so we are talking 10, or is it 11 now? sets of crafting writs that I did. on 10 characters.

zero. upgrade. grains. I think its enough to start showing a pattern.

Has it been that long? Sorry, time flies...

Still, with RNG, like Master Writs, I have gone weeks between getting them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Give it time. It's just bad RNG by the looks of it. Players are definitely receiving more overall value from the writs than before.

I guess its relative, depending on whether you sell the grains you get or use them. as someone who uses these rather then sells them (in part becasue they are so relatively rare with or without changes, I do sell my excess for other upgrade mats as well as kutas), I'm now starting to feel the dearth of other upgrade platings a lot more. meanwhile, my trait stones keep piling up and at least I have a crafting bag, so I guess it could have been worse. and when it comes to gold mats, I'm exactly even. since launch of summerset i got exactly 5 gold platings, all of it from deconstruction. I currently have 2 gold grains in my craft bags.

this change? from what I understand, was supposed to alleviate it, while taking care of too many trait mats, yes?. I'm not feeling improvement here. at all.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 22, 2018 2:10PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNGzus is a spiteful god.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess its relative, depending on whether you sell the grains you get or use them. as someone who uses these rather then sells them (in part becasue they are so relatively rare with or without changes, I do sell my excess for other upgrade mats as well as kutas), I'm now starting to feel the dearth of other upgrade platings a lot more. meanwhile, my trait stones keep piling up and at least I have a crafting bag, so I guess it could have been worse. and when it comes to gold mats, I'm exactly even. since launch of summerset i got exactly 5 gold platings, all of it from deconstruction. I currently have 2 gold grains in my craft bags.

this change? from what I understand, was supposed to alleviate it, while taking care of too many trait mats, yes?. I'm not feeling improvement here. at all.

Oh, I still get tons of the basic trait grains. The change did nothing to stop that part. I could craft healthy, stam or mag jewelry for the next hundred years. lol.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I still get tons of the basic trait grains. The change did nothing to stop that part. I could craft healthy, stam or mag jewelry for the next hundred years. lol.

I get none from dailies anymore. that for me is an issue. they weren't replaced with gold grains for me. they were replaced with more trait items instead.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the patch made it so that lesser quality grains don't drop from lower level dailies anymore.

That being said, zircon grains aren't super hard to come by and blue / green grains were never rare to begin with, so it's kind of a non-issue in general. It sucks that you won't be able to get grains with your low level crafters anymore, but you'll be happy in the long run when you finally do get them to max level JC and they are getting chromium grains at a decent rate.

Personally, I've been buying up jewelry like mad to level JC on all my alts because I realized it's way better to be maxed out now.
    Edited by Crafts_Many_Boxes on August 22, 2018 4:44PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the patch made it so that lesser quality grains don't drop from lower level dailies anymore.

That being said, zircon grains aren't super hard to come by and blue / green grains were never rare to begin with, so it's kind of a non-issue in general. It sucks that you won't be able to get grains with your low level crafters anymore, but you'll be happy in the long run when you finally do get them to max level JC and they are getting chromium grains at a decent rate.

Personally, I've been buying up jewelry like mad to level JC on all my alts because I realized it's way better to be maxed out now.

pewter more or less takes care of itself, between pieces of jewelry you get from completion box and the 5 pieces you get in metal box. platinum etc - needs to be farmed for.

before - rewards were actualy more rewarding. meanwhile, even my maxed out main who used to get SOME upgrade grains. gets NONE now. lower level upgrade grains? do not drop at ALL now.

yes yes yes, rngesus is cruel, bla bla bla. I thought it was supposed to be IMPROVED. if I would be getting chromium grains at least some of the time, I could see that. but we are talking 10 characters, 10 days - ZERO upgrade grains, 100% trait items. I can't be the only person experiencing this. this is NOT a fix. this IS an issue.
    Edited by Linaleah on August 22, 2018 6:17PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    Actually sorry it's actually 40 grains (10 per plate), was thinking the 8 for upgrade like temper, so cost is even higher. The point is make the plates drop instead of GRAINS. You can still make the plates more rare than tempters, wax, and rosin...
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for crafters, if you want to level jewelry crafting easiest and fastest way is to have a Master Crafter craft CP150 rings for you to break down (White), takes approximately 500..
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to tip handsomely!!!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It still sounds like it's an RNG issue. My husband, who doesn't even do writs every day and only has 2 that he does top tier writs on, got a chromium grain last night. Probably only the 2nd or 3rd time he's done a top tier jewelry writ since WH launched.

Many other posters here have gotten chromium grains, so they are dropping. You have been extremely unlucky so far. I've been unlucky so far, too, as I've NEVER seen a chromium grain drop from a writ since SS launch. I'm on XB.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    It still sounds like it's an RNG issue. My husband, who doesn't even do writs every day and only has 2 that he does top tier writs on, got a chromium grain last night. Probably only the 2nd or 3rd time he's done a top tier jewelry writ since WH launched.

Many other posters here have gotten chromium grains, so they are dropping. You have been extremely unlucky so far. I've been unlucky so far, too, as I've NEVER seen a chromium grain drop from a writ since SS launch. I'm on XB.

this may be so. but as I have said. before, I at least got SOME upgrades. now... i get nothing but useless trait items. which is a big part of my problem. removing all upgrade items while keeping chromium grains still relatively rare? is NOT an improvement IMO.

and they most definitely feel more rare then other upgrade materials in terms of droprates. all my writ crafting characters are doing all 7 possible writs. lowbies don't get gold upgrade mats as often, but they do get them. my 4 characters that do writs at lvl 50 - get gold tempers roughly 50% of the time. meanwhile... there's platings :/
    Edited by Linaleah on August 22, 2018 9:15PM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mrtrask23 wrote: »
    Oh for crafters, if you want to level jewelry crafting easiest and fastest way is to have a Master Crafter craft CP150 rings for you to break down (White), takes approximately 500..

No way. MUCH FASTER is Alik'r dolmen farm!
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a bit the idea (but hugely biased) that the low level writs drop more improvement grains (now gold) than the max level writs ;)
    PC-EU @lientier
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should really reduce the number of RNG based mechanics in the game if people get this infuriated over them...
  • mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    mrtrask23 wrote: »

No way. MUCH FASTER is Alik'r dolmen farm!

• mrtrask23
    mrtrask23
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry haven't done a lot, how many hours in Alik'r dolmen farm does it take to max out Jewelry Crafting, many many many… By breakin down cp150 Jewels you can go to level 50 crafting in a couple hours...