Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

EU Server Ping

xDrac
xDrac
So I have noticed that despite living in the center of europe, my ping is relatively high, fluctuating from 60 to 100 all the time.
Does anyone know where the EU servers are located and is this "high" ping normal for anyone else playing?
Normally I would be used to something like 30 or lower, so I was just wondering why it was so "high" here?
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankfurt
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers are Frankfurt as sdtlc said, it's not unheard of for players to have 60 ping on ESO though, that seems to be about the normal for most players. In the UK we fluctuate around 40-80 depending on what's happening.
    If it's Cyrodiil always expect much higher due to server requests etc.

Not sure why however.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xDrac
    xDrac
    sdtlc wrote: »
    Frankfurt
    Hm okay, so despite being in the same country that's on the other end of it... I guess that explains it a little bit at least :(