The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skill Progression Missing/Not Updating in Skill Tree UI Error

CristiC
CristiC
✭✭✭
rvtrxk1trlty.jpg

Skill Progression bar is missing from the skill bar and it's not updating in the skill tree. Skill tree progression becomes up to date only via reload UI.

PC EU.
Edited by CristiC on August 13, 2018 7:14PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this issue on NA PC.

Used the new skill remorph thing. New skill is at level one and even with an exp potion, the skill is not advancing in experience.
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    Same issue. All my werewolf skills are at morph 1. My evasion (medium armor active) seems stuck--says Level 1 but open says level IV but not progressing. Also did the skill resets this AM before this issue.
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Notice, also, that the ulti on the bar has no value while in the skills menu. So what is missing so far: when opening the skills menu, while hovering over the skills in the combat bars, they need to have the progression bar under them if they are not maxed out(just like in the skill tree), their values should match the ones in the skill tree - so far, hovering over the skills in the combat bars has the same visuals as hovering over the ones in the skill tree(no progression bar, as this value is already shown) and the values of the skills in the tree menu don't update when xp is gain; ultimate should have its value when opening the skills menu and it's progression be also fixed, as it has the same problem as mentioned above.
    Edited by CristiC on August 13, 2018 9:57PM
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    Nanigae wrote: »
    Same issue. All my werewolf skills are at morph 1. My evasion (medium armor active) seems stuck--says Level 1 but open says level IV but not progressing. Also did the skill resets this AM before this issue.

Now mine are moving but Evasion tip says I can morph, I have 42 skill points, but it doesn't give me the option to do so and the bar is still at 3/4's full
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update on my post, I just got an in game notification stating that my skills (the ones that didn’t seem to be gaining experience) had just increased from rank 1 to rank 2.

So I guess the skills still gain experience, they just don’t show it on your UI.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On top of this, some skills are showing strange, probably incorrect, information.

Rapid Fire, the bow ultimate, is showing "channeled time 4.1s" and then below that "duration 3.3s" and the tooltip text says "damage over 4.1s" so what is the 3.3s duration for and which is the correct channel time?

This is so messed up. I think they broke it beyond repair finally and just need to remake it from scratch.
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    You need to reload UI each time significant xp is gain in order for the values to match in both the combat bar and the skill tree. This is the only method I know of atm. Tested with scroll and with enlightenment on a dolmen run.
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    my problem is that the only tree I have with no + plus boxes, is medium armor and so the evasion skill says it can be morphed, but there's no + to check to do it.
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    CristiC wrote: »
    You need to reload UI each time significant xp is gain in order for the values to match in both the combat bar and the skill tree. This is the only method I know of atm. Tested with scroll and with enlightenment on a dolmen run.

THANK YOU!! This did it for me. I was able to morph my active ability finally.
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Fix it pls!
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here on PC EU, and even with all addons disabled, it persists. I opened a thread in the General Section yesterday: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430368/skill-progress-bars

...but people over there didn't seem particularly fussed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same ridiculous issue.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Winthryth
    Winthryth
    Soul Shriven
    I too am experiencing this issue.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had hoped that they'd quietly fix this today, but nope. I disabled all of my addons, and the issue still exists. What's worse is that of the multiple threads in the forums here on this issue since Wolfhunter dropped, ZOS has not yet acknowledged this issue, let alone done anything about it. You would have thought that they'd have been more attentive to any and all issues related to the Skill system because of Respec 2.0.

The thing is that this bug is a real hindrance to all skill actives leveling efforts, because although the progress bars are still showing under the Skill lines, the place that players focus on most when leveling their actives would be on the hotbar, and not as much under the skill lines, because the hotbar actives are the ones currently affected by XP gains, and that's where the progress bars are missing. In addition, although I haven't tested it yet today, there has also been the related bug that the actives on the skill lists have not been updating with XP gains until a UI update, so those progress bars have been useless anyway.

@ZOS_RobGarrett, @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

please acknowledge these bugs, so that we know that you're at least aware of, and working on them, and not ignoring the multiple threads in the forum about these issues since Wolfhunter.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like wise
    changed a few morphs around with 4.1.6 and while in game the progress is not being shown
    takes a /reloadui or relog to see any xp learnt in the new morph
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Nanigae
    Nanigae
    ✭✭
    same here.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I thought that was only WW skills. It actually does update without a reloadUI or relog, but it takes about an hour or so. I was leveling my WW skills on the weekend and didn't want to relog everytime just to see the progress, but after a long time it actually updated. I don't know if the progression at that point was already farther, though, in reality.
    Edited by feyii on August 20, 2018 5:54PM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    according to ZOS, the respec cost bug, and the skill progress sync bug have both been fixed today (although I haven't yet verified these for myself)...BUT the progress bars for the hotbar's skill tooltips are STILL MISSING, and still no acknowledgement from ZOS...

• todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to me now 22rlaagm9ws7.png