The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Radiant Destruction - ITS BACK!!!!!!!

• GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's back for PVP, idk if it's worth it in PVE still. We'll see.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’ll never be like 1.6 . In 1.6 you could Jesus beam someone from 100 to 0 .
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on August 13, 2018 9:47PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just lower the range to 15m and it will be fine.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Just lower the range to 15m and it will be fine useless again.

Fixed.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 13, 2018 10:13PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely worth slotting in pve now.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get too excited, it got buffed multiple times over the PTS because of how lackluster the skill is. Most templar builds were able to do more damage by light attacking for the duration instead
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Now the bad zerglings will spam it from the back of their zergs.

And skilled players will LoS if ans mitigate it successful most of the time. Never really had an issue when on the receiving end of this skill so expect none now and I wouldn’t say I’m a great player.

Man I gotta see you play sometime, do you stream? Sloads doesn’t bother you, don’t care about being Jesus beamed in the back, you must have a damn good build with some serious skil.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

And skilled players will LoS if ans mitigate it successful most of the time. Never really had an issue when on the receiving end of this skill so expect none now and I wouldn’t say I’m a great player.

Man I gotta see you play sometime, do you stream? Sloads doesn’t bother you, don’t care about being Jesus beamed in the back, you must have a damn good build with some serious skil.

Dude idk is probably some god in PvP if he is able to survive zerglinfs stacking sloads on him or skilless jesus beam spam from behind a zerg
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that skill you can interrupt...ok.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to form magplar radiant destruction pvp guilds :D
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think NBs need a buff. There are so many skills/sets out there now that totally destroy us.

#NBsNeedLoveToo

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block does mitigate Jesus beam right?
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Prolly no real reason to worry since most magplars spam this on full health enemies :D

:D Only because we're fat, heavy, and slow and it's all we can reach you fast little turds with when you're running away.

It is funny though, even as a Maglar myself, to just stand there while some dingleberry beams me at full health and doesn't even jolt my health bar.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my beam procs my Skoria and takes you into execute range. >:)
  • Malyck
    Malyck
    ✭✭✭
    Which champ lines buff this ability? Thaumaturge?
  • angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s definitely an improvement. It’s nice to finally see your DPS go up instead of down when you use it. Now here’s hoping this skill never sees another PVP nerf because OMG someone died to a Templar.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's about time the poor templers go something back after 4 years of take aways……………………….
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Today;s patch notes:
    Templar

Dawn’s Wrath
    Radiant Destruction: Increased the maximum bonus execute damage dealt by this ability and its morph to 480% from 330%.

1.6 levels of Jesus Beam are back! Everyone get out your Templars! if you don't have a Soulshine set, go get one! (Pair it with War Maiden or Spinners)

Nightblades thought Rune Cage was bad? LOL...just wait till the 9-11k ticks off this baby again!

Magplars are back with a venageance...going to be a lot of dodge roll centered builds(mostly Nightblades) getting rekt by this skill. How long will it be before they are on here whining like they whined about Rune Cage....I give it two weeks at most.

Lot of folks will be dusting off their Magplars once they realise the old Jesus Beam is back!

Then forumblades will cry it back to oblivion. Anyways I've got war maiden and spinners... time to retire the sorc. It was fun while it lasted.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many builds will change if there were a stam jesus beam...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malyck wrote: »
    Which champ lines buff this ability? Thaumaturge?

yes
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asgari wrote: »
    Played for a few minutes earlier and had a few good fights but one of them i felt the new beam and wow .. no animation heard the sound for a split second and instantly died to it from 25% health .. instant death. should be fun once this catches on more

Yup

I knew when they changed it on the PTS but I kept quiet, wanted to actually see if they would let this go live

Just knock 25% off your max health right now because that what your real max health is. You will be dead before you hear it now.

can it still be animation cancelled, when used as an execute?

nasty trick, that one.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really seen beam as strong as what it once was, but it is, indeed, strong again, and I'm quite happy about that. Finally a buff.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I think NBs need a buff. There are so many skills/sets out there now that totally destroy us.

#NBsNeedLoveToo

lol
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was fun rolling around on a magplar tonight for a auld lang syne, but Radiant was pretty lackluster. The very last tick of a beam from a templar that usually does reasonably good damage was still only 3200. Also on my death recap? 4200 from instant, pre-cast, non-channeled Mages Wrath and 3 non-executes that did more damage. I'm pretty certain Impale would do more damage than RD as well.

I'm sure people will see death recaps with multiple ticks and freak out again, but it's not super strong this patch, especially with the amount of mitigation people can stack now.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

#NBsNeedLoveToo

lol
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prolly no real reason to worry since most magplars spam this on full health enemies :D

Well, according to the people who wanted it nerfed back in the days you could apparently kill any target in Cyrodil with 3 jesusbeams......

Most ridiculous nerf to a skill this game has ever seen.....
    It’ll never be like 1.6 . In 1.6 you could Jesus beam someone from 100 to 0 .

lmao.........unless you were running around naked that never happened....
    Edited by Qbiken on August 14, 2018 6:15AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha same goes for me. Los, mist form it, cloak it, purge it, bash it. The most anoying part of this skill is when you 1vX and you have this beam on you at 100%, while others try to DPS you, but hey at least I know who's my first target ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Haha same goes for me. Los, mist form it, cloak it, purge it, bash it. The most anoying part of this skill is when you 1vX and you have this beam on you at 100%, while others try to DPS you, but hey at least I know who's my first target ;)

Yep, basically this. People who starts beaming you at full health gets priority xD
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed it loads of times over the years so this one buff means nothing. Also this skill scales badly anyway.

RIP Magplar Wrobel 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Canny wait to complain about dying to Jesus Beam while using it myself!! 1.6 IS BACK BOIS!!!
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.