The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No idea what to do anymore... NON-CP

• mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker, Sloads, Oblivion enchantments in your weapons...

That's about as good as it gets...

That. Seriously. I've also been there in BGs when I just stopped playing for the objective (being down by 200) and started hunting sorcs. I dont have these sets and I run a magblade, but torugs/knight slayer/oblivion will work on them too.

Magsorcs in BGs are so strong because of the pre-execute. I say that because I've seen many sorcs just spam that as two other teams meet...and get the majority of kills with minimum damage or risk. The idea of a pre execute makes no sense to me. Can anyone put together a realistic number on what the true execution point is?

Illustration: target has 20k health, execute is 4k, skill does 4k damage, so effective execute range becomes 8k, or 40% health...something like that to show how broken this is?
    Bonus: can you confirm if multiple targets can have this on them simultaneously?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    When there are enough sorcs dancing around my keep in cyrodiil thinking themselves untouchable, i equip my stamplar with shieldbreaker/sload/oblivion enchant infused bow and show them the error of their ways.

Gotta use the correct tool to get the job done.

I'm doing this too but it's not normal to have to equip specific stuff to counter a class whereas all 4 other classes can be countered easily with any equipment.

cloak - cough
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    When there are enough sorcs dancing around my keep in cyrodiil thinking themselves untouchable, i equip my stamplar with shieldbreaker/sload/oblivion enchant infused bow and show them the error of their ways.

I'm doing this too but it's not normal to have to equip specific stuff to counter a class whereas all 4 other classes can be countered easily with any equipment.

cloak - cough

except cloak has a bazilion counters all that can simply be slotted on any character, you can't slot oblivion damage. *** logic.

Also since we're past the new update now.... i have no problems with sorcs anymore. :)
    Edited by Nyladreas on August 15, 2018 4:45PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

cloak - cough

except cloak has a bazilion counters all that can simply be slotted on any character, you can't slot oblivion damage. *** logic.

Also since we're past the new update now.... i have no problems with sorcs anymore. :)

Lol. . . .
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to start this topic in a depressive way, but i honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go decon all my gear, delete my character and quit the game because of the shitshow BGs are. Because of Sorcerers being everywhere killing everything with minimal effort, forcing you to completely change your playstyle. Forcing you to stop having fun.

Like... I'm just really trying to have fun in the game and it's impossible. I can be all happy and smiling all day, then I face a sorc in a Battleground and I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do play other games, i do other things outside of ESO too, but whenever i just want to play the game and PVP I instantly start having anger issues. Cause of Sorcs. Nothing else.

Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character. I really want to know, I have to know, I'm about to lose the last bit of sanity I have left if this doesn't stop.

Don't tell me that this class is truly as overpowered as everyone says, there must be something that completely destroys them.

Can somebody help me, like.... I really just don't know what to do. And I don't want to roll a sorc too cause that's not a solution, that's only being part of the problem.

Guide me, teach me, show me some tricks, give me some builds, anything so I can sleep a bit better tonight. Anything please...

Another troll . Reroll sorc. Sorc is OP right ? Reroll a sorc. Come and face me. I am stam NB. I win in all 1v1s.
    Whom are you fooling when already many people are abandoning sorc ? Many left the game for good.

Are paid from streamers creating a drama ? Already anti NB skill is nerfed to the ground . Sorc is easily a bottom tier now.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 15, 2018 5:41PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want to start this topic in a depressive way, but i honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go decon all my gear, delete my character and quit the game because of the shitshow BGs are. Because of Sorcerers being everywhere killing everything with minimal effort, forcing you to completely change your playstyle. Forcing you to stop having fun.

Like... I'm just really trying to have fun in the game and it's impossible. I can be all happy and smiling all day, then I face a sorc in a Battleground and I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do play other games, i do other things outside of ESO too, but whenever i just want to play the game and PVP I instantly start having anger issues. Cause of Sorcs. Nothing else.

Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character. I really want to know, I have to know, I'm about to lose the last bit of sanity I have left if this doesn't stop.

Don't tell me that this class is truly as overpowered as everyone says, there must be something that completely destroys them.

Can somebody help me, like.... I really just don't know what to do. And I don't want to roll a sorc too cause that's not a solution, that's only being part of the problem.

Guide me, teach me, show me some tricks, give me some builds, anything so I can sleep a bit better tonight. Anything please...

Another troll . Reroll sorc. Sorc is OP right ? Reroll a sorc. Come and face me. I am stam NB. I win in all 1v1s.
    Whom are you fooling when already many people are abandoning sorc ? Many left the game for good.

Are paid from streamers creating a drama ? Already anti NB skill is nerfed to the ground . Sorc is easily a bottom tier now.

I actually have a sorc and it's my favourite character, what are you talking about? I only really wanna get my NB good cause its been my first character and my main lol.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    Check my DM. Mag DK is the answer to your sorc woes.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is this game's PvP is poorly designed and heavily favors offense and damage shields, two things the sorcerer is good at.

So that's probably why they are so good. They are able to dish out a lot of damage and still manage a healthy defense in the process.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Mag Sorcs are not an issue, unless you're talking about them stealing your kills... My biggest issue and biggest pet peeve at present, is the massive number of no-talent *** who just sit way back from the action spamming Lethal Arrow. It's like they don't realize that they have more than one button. That being said, I'm spending way to much time seeking out and destroying these clowns.

Lethal arrow does do ridiculous amounts of damage.

This game's PvP generally favors offensive tactics, period. It's nearly impossible to create any kind of well rounded character who doesn't just get completely dominated by damage. Which is probably why everyone tends to run the same builds and there is so little variety.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 15, 2018 11:07PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Mag Sorcs are not an issue, unless you're talking about them stealing your kills... My biggest issue and biggest pet peeve at present, is the massive number of no-talent *** who just sit way back from the action spamming Lethal Arrow. It's like they don't realize that they have more than one button. That being said, I'm spending way to much time seeking out and destroying these clowns.

Lethal arrow does do ridiculous amounts of damage.

This game's PvP generally favors offensive tactics, period. It's nearly impossible to create any kind of well rounded character who doesn't just get completely dominated by damage. Which is probably why everyone tends to run the same builds and there is so little variety.

Or you could check out my build :)

Actually the game does favor damage, however, this doesn't mean you can't build defensive builds. And if you really want, all out unkillable bricks.

People tend to run the same thing because it's more satisfying to 100-0 someone than to be a brick. And sets like Sload were so lopsided it kinda made you run the same thing (it or counter in example)

The Meta changes and so does how you gotta achieve your goals.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those who quit the game or quit being sorcs only made a sorc for rc in the first place..not fooling anyone
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost all sorcs are vamps so the Prismatic dmg enchant works even better then the Oblivion enchant.

And the biggest weakness of mag sorcs usually is their stam pool. If you make them dodge, CC break and block a lot they generally will sitting ducks after a short while.

Sorc healing is also really poor so if you keep on pressure with Sloads and major defile most will panic and start blocking too many hits, draining their stam even faster.

As stamblade you can dodge most attacks, especially Rune Cage and Cfrags are important to dodge. And when you’re low on health dodge Mages Fury.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

The problem is this game's PvP is poorly designed and heavily favors offense and damage shields, two things the sorcerer is good at.

So that's probably why they are so good. They are able to dish out a lot of damage and still manage a healthy defense in the process.

^This

Shield stacks allow MagSorcs to stay on the offensive while maintaining the best mitigation in the game.

You cannot crit shields and there are no counter skills for it. You have to slot specific gear to have any kind of decent counter.

Combine this with a well rounded tool kit that includes a long range stun, a passive execute and great mobility you end up with the dominant PvP class. It has always been so and will probably always be so.

Many players forego playing them as they are EZ mode. There was a time though when they were God mode before streak got nerfed.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been thinking about a troll build:

mDK with Beckoning steel, Nikulas/Shalk/ADG and Grothdarr sat at walls, permablocking and casting wings during sieges

S/B bar

Wings
    def stance/Absorb magic
    heal (CDB)
    Stone giant (to recover stam)
    Balance

U: Shield Wall

a good healer behind and you can help the attackers to kill themselves xD

Off course, everything to magicka and magicka recovery. Ideally defending weapons

edit: maybe it can also work on ball groups
    Edited by Xvorg on August 16, 2018 7:59PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh.. its super hard now-a-days to have fun soloing .. and i also dont like grouping with a lot of people specially if everyone on discord talking over each other.. i Like going pvp with 2 or 3 people that i know and i think thats the most fun im getting when we try to take on zergs out numbering us 10 to 1. You just gotta have to find those people and try to group with them all the time.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    My advice is , do them all then you can see learn all classes weakness

Play Sorc about 100 BG rounds , you will learn then for sure.

That what I did .

And the most annoying was those who manage to deal with my non stop rotation, why? Sorc predictable
    Same rotation , now with no RC life was more easy

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RC was the only thing stopping my roll dodge builds.

Muhahaha...

Good thing my sorc is PvE!

>:)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RC was the only thing stopping my roll dodge builds.

Muhahaha...

Good thing my sorc is PvE!

>:)

In a way I think it's good. RC punished non-MA users hard and now it's more forgiving but still challenging.

Overall I think next patch will bring some interesting changes if the reps can communicate some changes.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual