Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No idea what to do anymore... NON-CP

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I didn't want to start this topic in a depressive way, but i honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go decon all my gear, delete my character and quit the game because of the shitshow BGs are. Because of Sorcerers being everywhere killing everything with minimal effort, forcing you to completely change your playstyle. Forcing you to stop having fun.

Like... I'm just really trying to have fun in the game and it's impossible. I can be all happy and smiling all day, then I face a sorc in a Battleground and I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do play other games, i do other things outside of ESO too, but whenever i just want to play the game and PVP I instantly start having anger issues. Cause of Sorcs. Nothing else.

Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character. I really want to know, I have to know, I'm about to lose the last bit of sanity I have left if this doesn't stop.

Don't tell me that this class is truly as overpowered as everyone says, there must be something that completely destroys them.

Can somebody help me, like.... I really just don't know what to do. And I don't want to roll a sorc too cause that's not a solution, that's only being part of the problem.

Guide me, teach me, show me some tricks, give me some builds, anything so I can sleep a bit better tonight. Anything please...
Edited by Nyladreas on August 10, 2018 4:44AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shieldbreaker, Sloads, Oblivion enchantments in your weapons...

That's about as good as it gets...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't beat em...join em. roll a sorc and outsorc them.

ORRRRRR....

wait until the rune cage nerfs take effect this month, that will make some sorcs change to the next "it" flavor of the month

Or go to Cyrodill where open world plays to your stamblades favor, in open world. Remember there was a time not long ago where everyone was complaining about stam this stam that as OP, NBs and Stam wardens specifically....

Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ORRRRRR....

wait until the rune cage nerfs take effect this month, that will make some sorcs change to the next "it" flavor of the month

Or go to Cyrodill where open world plays to your stamblades favor, in open world. Remember there was a time not long ago where everyone was complaining about stam this stam that as OP, NBs and Stam wardens specifically....

Stam NB is still op lol
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I didn't want to start this topic in a depressive way, but i honestly don't know what to do anymore. I just want to go decon all my gear, delete my character and quit the game because of the shitshow BGs are. Because of Sorcerers being everywhere killing everything with minimal effort, forcing you to completely change your playstyle. Forcing you to stop having fun.

Like... I'm just really trying to have fun in the game and it's impossible. I can be all happy and smiling all day, then I face a sorc in a Battleground and I just want to punch a hole in the wall. I do play other games, i do other things outside of ESO too, but whenever i just want to play the game and PVP I instantly start having anger issues. Cause of Sorcs. Nothing else.

Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character. I really want to know, I have to know, I'm about to lose the last bit of sanity I have left if this doesn't stop.

Don't tell me that this class is truly as overpowered as everyone says, there must be something that completely destroys them.

Can somebody help me, like.... I really just don't know what to do. And I don't want to roll a sorc too cause that's not a solution, that's only being part of the problem.

Guide me, teach me, show me some tricks, give me some builds, anything so I can sleep a bit better tonight. Anything please...

You have the first best class in the game for pvp. Second Is stam warden and then 3rd is magicka sorcerer. If you want to be the best then you have to try harder.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there are enough sorcs dancing around my keep in cyrodiil thinking themselves untouchable, i equip my stamplar with shieldbreaker/sload/oblivion enchant infused bow and show them the error of their ways.

Gotta use the correct tool to get the job done.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wanted to add, that a rolly polly stamina nightblade with cloak is probably best to counter magsorcs next patch. rune cage will be dodgeable, eventually leading sorcs to go back to reach spam, which is also dodgeable. so the only things you still have to care about is a meteor rune cage combo or the hunting curse. oh right mages fury will also be completely dodgeable then.

so best way to deal with them? lots of dodge and cloak, if you dont have any curse on you. if you see a meteor, go into cloak, so that the sorc cant press the rune cage button and you can just block the meteor. for the offensive, stay away from him in cloak and wait for his shields wearing off, then attack with the usual combo of incap-spectral bow-surprise attack-execute or with fear, if the ultimate is not full yet (needs 120 utlimate points for the stun in the next patch).
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your problem with sorcs? Fury stealing kills? = get one on your team. Taking one out? Learn to counter, ward timings, push their stamina pool. Sorc attack is extremely telegraphed, duel a sorc mate and you'll quickly see.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character.

If that’s your definition of “fun” I don’t think you’ll last long in this game. Just run a heavy Armour bleed build with Troll King like everyone else does that has “fun” with stamNB, or go the oblivion damage route. Lots of options.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Is there any build i can run on a stamblade that can just make Sorcs regret the day they created their character.

If that’s your definition of “fun” I don’t think you’ll last long in this game. Just run a heavy Armour bleed build with Troll King like everyone else does that has “fun” with stamNB, or go the oblivion damage route. Lots of options.

I wish it wasn't but it is. You can't blame me, after so many BG games with Sorc 3-4 stack. Every *** game. I can't do anything, the moment 1 sees me its runecage -> Dead. All the time. I really dont know how others do it. I've tried ganking, brawling, tanking.

Nothing ever works. If i go the tank route, it's sload that gets me. :) I'd like to learn but in the current state of the game I feel like i don't even have space to learn. Love having that runecage not break even tho I press the button a 100 times at 90% stamina. It's really fun. (Yeah i have it bound on a single key)
    Edited by Nyladreas on August 10, 2018 10:59AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to build directly for it, Sorcerers are by far the easiest class to completely negate (pun intended).

If you can, be a DK with Wings, or a Warden with his shield, and you'll negate a significant portion of incoming damage.

Then just equip Shieldbreaker, Sloads and Infused Oblivion Enchant. Then go RIP some Sorcs.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    have you tried immoveable potions?

also you could equip cost increase poisons on one bar and use a hard cc before you burst. As others said infused with oblivion should be on your bar if your hunting anything with shields.

Ive kinda always been against using cloak on my stam blades, just personal preference. it gets broken too easily and all it takes is one person to have detect pots slotted and my cloak is negated. Im not saying not to use cloak, many (most) nightblades play using cloak but just keep in mind its not a necessary skill to have slotted
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    When there are enough sorcs dancing around my keep in cyrodiil thinking themselves untouchable, i equip my stamplar with shieldbreaker/sload/oblivion enchant infused bow and show them the error of their ways.

Gotta use the correct tool to get the job done.

I'm doing this too but it's not normal to have to equip specific stuff to counter a class whereas all 4 other classes can be countered easily with any equipment.

In fact, endless fury should just be changed to a standard execute and that would remove 90% of the complaints.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact, endless fury should just be changed to a standard execute and that would remove 90% of the complaints.

I wish that were true.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A nb complaining about sorcs.. lol!
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are so overtuned in Non-CP BGs right now it isn't even funny. Stam and Mag. Stam sorcs are literally the easiest class to play. You don't even have to aim any of your abilities and you mow down people in Non-Cp. Xbox NA at least 50% of each BGs match right now are sorcs of some kind.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Sorcs are so overtuned in Non-CP BGs right now it isn't even funny. Stam and Mag. Stam sorcs are literally the easiest class to play. You don't even have to aim any of your abilities and you mow down people in Non-Cp. Xbox NA at least 50% of each BGs match right now are sorcs of some kind.

Stam sorcs aren’t overturned just spin to win but it is on any class. But this is what happens when ZOS keeps slapping on free damage and making uninformed changes. When they cater to noob pvpers not only does the quality of gameplay go down, but obviously good players can take these skills and just run around spamming people down cause why not? People cry and whine that the game is too hard and this is what we get.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 10, 2018 2:21PM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you’re having trouble improving in the current meta, ask someone you know is knowledgeable: hey what do you think of my build? What do you think of my playstyle? How could I do better?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Stam sorcs aren’t overturned just spin to win but it is on any class. But this is what happens when ZOS keeps slapping on free damage and making uninformed changes. When they cater to noob pvpers not only does the quality of gameplay go down, but obviously good players can take these skills and just run around spamming people down cause why not? People cry and whine that the game is too hard and this is what we get.

Stamsorcs are perfectly set up to benefit more from spamming spin to win than any other class.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I understand your frustration. But I get the impression, that you plan on destroying someone elses fun, which is never a solution. You won't be happier after you achieved it, with this kind of attitude. I know that from experience, it's much better to just leave BG's alone.
    Edited by Kelces on August 10, 2018 2:29PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others mave mentioned some good ways to counter them with oblivion damage. you could go full oblivion and rip them. Also dk has wings, I find that very good against them. As a stamsorc I like using the spell wall ult when fighting magsorcs. Having 7 seconds of them not being able to target me is really great, especially in bgs, I can run in and start smashing them and they can't do anything about it.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Try bone tatters, witchmothers, serpent. Double take, purge, shade, cloak, fear are great Magicka dumps against magsorcs. If you're really struggling try sword and board to get *edit, yes, spell wall* defensive posture (for the reflect and hard cc) + high well fitted traits to be able to dodge most of their damage. Then concentrate on timing a cc when their shields drop and KO.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on August 11, 2018 1:56AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a NB, your damage output is higher than any other class, and because of this it gives you room to build towards survivability. Playing pure glass canon on a stamina NB, imo, just isn't fun because when you do get countered by 1 little thing and/or CC'd you're a dead boy. A build I've been having success with so far is: Bloodspawn 2pc(sometimes I roll with Troll King 2pc), Fortified Brass 5pc, and Impregnable 5pc with full well-fitted. Damage, sustain, and mitigation are good. And yes, I only play BGs now so this setup should work just fine for you as well.

You can go for full oblivion damage like others have suggested, but then you'll be weaker towards other classes.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ORRRRRR....

Buhahaha, did you play BGs?

Not rune-cage is what makes sorcs over-powered in BGs.
    After the rune-cage nerf the only place you will see sorcerers is BGs.

You know why? Here is the answer:
    1. BG has a fast phase combat style, and guess what? , mag-sorc has a fast phase high burst combo: curse + execute + crystal frag and on top of that it's fully ranged. That means sorcs can keep the distance and do this high burst rotation.
    2. Also mag-sorc has good survivability in form of shield stacking, they cannot do much damage while under pressure and forced to shield stack, but they don't need to - they just need to survive while teammates catch up.

The above qualities make sorcs OP in BG. That's it. No one can catch up with that.
    Rune-cage nerf is a joke if the intention was to ballance Sorcs in BG. It is extremely non rational to keep rune-cage on your bar in BG as most enemies you fight will have CC immunity, either by using pots or by breaking free other CCs. Your rune-cage will stay grayed-out most of the time. Defensive-rune is much more powerful than rune-cage in BG as it gives you time to retreat or shield stack when you become the target.

And yes Rune-cage makes sorcs OP in open world as they have a combo that guarantees them kills in the occasional duels.
    If that combo is gone then sorcs will have fun only in BGs.
    So no.. the rune-cage nerf will not fix BG.

As of my advise to stam NB build - make sure you can sustain your cloak, and you should be good against mag-sorcs, and more effective in BGs in general.
    Edited by Didgerion on August 11, 2018 6:29AM
  • Vencenzo
    Vencenzo
    ✭✭✭
    No TL;DR needed, it's really simple.

CP is the only thing that makes proc sets not OP. They don't scale from it.

New players don't like the CP grind. BGs are entry level instant gratification.

Play RVR if you want a richer experience.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Stamsorcs are perfectly set up to benefit more from spamming spin to win than any other class.

You could argue this yes, but that doesn’t mean stam sorcs are over tuned. No class that fails to benefit from four of their passive, has no class damage skills and no access to any debuffs can be callled over tuned. Hurricane is the ONLY skill that keeps stam sorcs relevant.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you dont have, a high spec pc and internet connection,a good build, top potions and poisons, a good rehearsed team, with voice coms who can tab target and focus a player and cant animation cancel and pull off instant 7 hit combos, then you will just get trolled by the elite that can. Its just one of those games it's not average player friendly by any means.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you dont have, a high spec pc and internet connection,a good build, top potions and poisons, a good rehearsed team, with voice coms who can tab target and focus a player and cant animation cancel and pull off instant 7 hit combos, then you will just get trolled by the elite that can. Its just one of those games it's not average player friendly by any means.

I have no probleme with anyone else though. Unless it's a sload 4stack :) that's always a death sentence.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vencenzo wrote: »

As someone with over 1000 CP I entirely disagree with you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vencenzo wrote: »

That is just completely wrong. I have had more new players instantly quit because of BGs.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorcs are not an issue, unless you're talking about them stealing your kills... My biggest issue and biggest pet peeve at present, is the massive number of no-talent *** who just sit way back from the action spamming Lethal Arrow. It's like they don't realize that they have more than one button. That being said, I'm spending way to much time seeking out and destroying these clowns.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."