Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can someone on PC please help test and confirm something about Master at Arms CP allocation?

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
I'm running a Mag Pet Sorc on XBOX and up until recently, my CP did not include points into Master at Arms as none of the abilities I was using are considered Direct Damage.

The abilities in question are: Heavy Attack, Lightning Flood, Blockade of Storms, Vol Familiar, Destro Ult and Storm Atronach.

Looking at the spreadsheet for Constellations add-on for PC, that says they are not Direct Damage.

Thing is, on XBOX in the Summerset DLC and also on the UESP Build Editor, tinkering with my CP and putting points into MAA does result in an increase in the tooltip for most/all of the above skills.

This is with with 250 CP spent in the Blue tree. I can do an allocation with nothing in MAA then change it to include points in MAA and Thaum and generally see a tooltip increase across all the skills.

Wondering if this is a tooltip bug or the skills are truly boosted by points in MAA.
Edited by Enigmatic on August 10, 2018 1:36AM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asayre has done a lot of research on this. Here is a link to a post they made about champion point distribution.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340367/impact-of-mage-champion-point-rebalances/p1

Here is a direct link to the spreadsheet where they have a partial list of abilities and what affects them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18LptRy_AfGVehOyIioJJ6PQD98HB0lCOO_GWOcs7Tr4/edit#gid=0
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    @Sordidfairytale Thanks for the response. I know about the work Asayre did but if I understand it correctly, he's no longer playing so is that data upto date with the Summerset DLC?

I believe the Constellations add-on builds on the work done by Asayre but like I say, the spreadsheet says no but the in game tooltips and the UESP Build Editor shows an increase hence asking if someone could actually test in current build please.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enigmatic wrote: »
    @Sordidfairytale Thanks for the response. I know about the work Asayre did but if I understand it correctly, he's no longer playing so is that data upto date with the Summerset DLC?

I believe the Constellations add-on builds on the work done by Asayre but like I say, the spreadsheet says no but the in game tooltips and the UESP Build Editor shows an increase hence asking if someone could actually test in current build please.

When I get home I'll look into this for you if someone else doesn't first.
    The Vegemite Knight

• Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Sordidfairytale. I think a test on PC Summerset is the only true way to know as right now its:

XBOX (and maybe PC) tooltip & UESP Build Editor vs Constellations/Asayre spreadsheets saying something else
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started with no CP and completed a rotation trying to not overlap any damage. Then I placed 250 CP into the blue tree in branches that would in no way affect the damage output of some attacks and not others. (100 in physical Weapons Expert and Shattering Blows and 50 points in Blessed) I completed the same rotation of attacks again trying not to overlap any damage. Finally I moved 100 points from Physical Weapons Expert into Master At Arms and repeated the rotation.

From this small sample size it appears that Heavy Attack Lightning is affected by MAA both the pulse and the final hit. It also appears that Blockade of Storms is affected by MAA. And finally it looks like the Storm Atro is affected.*

*I believe I may have screwed something up with the Atro, I'm afraid I chugged a pot out of habit during the last rotation It's such a small lift for the zap, with a huge (1400ish) difference in the hit. I'll check again tomorrow.

MAA Affected

Heavy Attack
    No CP: 1245
    CP: 1273
    CP MAA: 1374

Shock Pulse
    No CP: 1922
    CP: 2122
    CP MAA: 2794

Blockade of Storms
    No CP: 1286
    CP: 1419
    CP MAA: 1533

Storm Atro Zap
    No CP: 1987
    CP: 2155
    CP MAA: 2192

Greater Storm Atro
    No CP: 4219
    CP: 6433
    CP MAA: 7813

MAA Not Affected

Lightning Flood
    No CP: 1743
    CP: 1923
    CP MAA: 1923

Vol Familiar Melee
    No CP: 468
    CP: 561
    CP MAA: 561

Vol Familiar Pulse
    No CP: 1621
    CP: 1947
    CP MAA: 1947

Destro Ult
    No CP: 5203
    CP: 5740
    CP MAA: 5740

The Vegemite Knight

• Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for testing @Sordidfairytale. I'd done some other testing too but only looking at tooltip values on XBOX.

I recorded my tooltip values with 250 CP spent, 52 points of which were in MAA. Then took those 52 points out and put them into Blessed so still spent in the Blue CP allocation.

Tooltip values for Lightning Flood, Vol Familiar and Destro Ult all dropped after taking points out of MAA and putting them in Blessed.

For me, Blockade of Storms did not change with the points being moved but I will retest this to be certain I've not messed up somewhere.
    Edited by Enigmatic on August 10, 2018 7:18AM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't trust tooltip. Quite often aren't accurate.

You need to test the skills on the dummy.

Only thought the MaA would affect final tick of heavies.

Interesting then where the balance is between MaA and Thaumaturge CP allocation.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah these are all damage ticks on the target dummy. I wish that there was a better way for non-PC players to figure this out.

@SquareSausage I thought that was the case as well. I'm also shocked (ha ha) that MaA did anything to the Atronach, considering it did nothing to the Vol Familiar. Because of that, I need to test again, and again. The sample size was too small to accept these results.
    The Vegemite Knight