Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help me recommend gear to my friend

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
My friend is approaching CP160 so it's time to start thinking about her gear. She really likes the idea of becoming a mage tank. She's already doing pretty good at holding taunt and staying alive in a fight, but I don't know what gear to recommend to her! I want to say Rattlecage should probably figure in somewhere, but I could be wrong. Help me out?
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    do the build like any generic mag dps but use max health and mag regen food n atronach mundus. spam shields for survival. i run the same set up on my magplar n magden for dungeons.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay! I thought--and hoped--it wouldn't be THAT much different than a regular sorc setup, but with a higher emphasis on defense and health. I can help her out with some glyphs and see if we can get her stats to a nice state, too. Thanks!

Edit: Additional thought: she likes to run an ice/shock stave setup. If someone can point me toward a monster set that would be good for her, that'd be rad.
    Edited by SickleCider on August 9, 2018 4:46PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does she want to be a Tank, or a Tanky DPS?

Big difference. For a tank, Woeler has good easy to get get gear combos. For a Tanky DPD, Alcast has some build ideas
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's a really good question, actually. I think she's still feeling that part out. Thank you for pointing me in some directions! Alcast I knew--Woeler, less familiar. I'll search these up and see what appeals to her more.