The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Which Healer Class Would you Rather Have in your PvP Group?

• TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    But...... I'll take another class that know what they're doing over at BOL Templar any day.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TazESO wrote: »
    But...... I'll take another class that know what they're doing over at BOL Templar any day.
    That's basically why I asked for the "none" option. I play solo or in small groups, often PUGs in IC. I'm not saying I'm a 1vXer, but I think if everyone knows a bit about that, e.g. they can LoS and they don't just wilt under pressure, I think that is far more valuable than having a healer in the group. In a small group you need DDs to quickly dispatch enemies above all.

All that warden support stuff sounds interesting, especially if you are organised and play with your guild or friends. For small ad-hoc groups, though, I prefer DDs who know to defend themselves. I also have a particular aversion, when I'm playing NB, to healers using Mutagen / Rapid Regen or Chokethorn, since I believe that the beams expose my location when cloaked.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Nightblade because nb is love. ❤️
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    NB hands down simply because of their insane burst heal, and the fact that you are forced not to play like a [removed baiting comment]. And that most dont realize the NB is healing. Between the inherent tankyness that healing setups usually come with, imageand or cloak really helps them keep space.

Seriously cant stress enough how strong 12k burst heals in no cp, that goes through LOS, ignores elevations and has no magicka cost is.

Obviously i like all healers, templars with the always welcome purify. Wardens with aoe area denial and shear control with frost qnd aoe major defile. I do think DK healers need a lot of help. And sorc healers' matriach is too easily killed in pvp.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on August 12, 2018 2:22PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    There’s no heal without a purify.
    Remembrance still best heal in the game.
    BoL still best spammable heal

I would seriously question the level of play of anyone that responds with a choice other than magplar.

Edit: unless you want to intentionally be “off meta” and by “off meta” I mean “bad.”

But hey if you lose because you’re off meta then you’ll always have that as an excuse, and you can tell yourself “well if we were running a Templar we would’ve won”

So yeah if you want to have excuses for why you lose, by all means don’t run a magplar.

But if you want to PvP seriously, and you want to be competitive, and you care more about winning then you do about having excuses for why you lost, then there’s really only one answer.

Magden is a great auxiliary healer / utility slot. But if you had to pick only one, it’s magplar every time.
    Edited by Thogard on August 13, 2018 8:35AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    In PvP, I always play stam, so all I care about is that purge synergy. Actual healing is appreciated, but not even really necessary, just keep that synergy up on cooldown so that oil and other siege doesn't wipe me.
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Warden or sorc, warden can give some nice buffs and etc. Sorc can be also decent healer since negate and potential aoe CCs.
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Ampnode wrote: »
    Aside from the nice burst heal, purge, shards, and repentance in both PvE/PvP help a lot in terms of support.

This.

Templars = Master Healers.

Wardens = "Jack of all trades, master of none."

Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I prefer Templars, they have some decent DPS to contribute in Times when less Healing is needed and can, in a emergency heal even with no Restrostaff equipped
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Warden:
    + Amazing Group utility by having access to many major/minor buffs. Skills like Expansive Frost Cloak and Enchanted Growth are amazing for any group.
    + AoE Defile through corruptive Pollen
    + AoE major protection through permafrost

Those are not specific to a Warden healer, but to Warden itself. Any type of Warden can use Permafrost without drawbacks, and certainly can slot Pollen in group PvP for some utility, not to mention Minorlifesteal through Leeching Vines. As for Major defense buffs, everyone should have a way to proc it since it's not reliable imo to depend on your healer to carry that buff for you.

Purify vs no Purify makes a huge difference. The fact that Shards are instant vs Slow Orbs is a huge deal, especially in PvP.
    Edited by Nevasca on August 13, 2018 10:44AM
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    my ball group is specifically templar healers.

why?

They back bar solar disturbance

I don't know if you all know this, but if you have 4 templar healers in group of 16 players and bomb a group of 50 Enemies: 2 pop remembrance, 2 throw down solar disturbance... Massive carnage along with Negates, and Destro ults from team mates

Solar disturbance is an under appreciated ultimate that when synergized is *** insane in group pvp. Any PVP group that doesnt run Templars is missing out
    Edited by SwampRaider on August 13, 2018 11:20AM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    purify is too good not to have
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends really:

- I prefer the Templar for small groups and BG cuz of precision healing with BoL, Purify synergy and quick pick-me-ups from Shards
    - Warden for large groups in Cyrodiil: AoE burst heals, Allergies from Corrupting Pollen, Permafrost, Tremors from the Shalk and other good group support options
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar just offers too much. Burst Heals, Dot Heals, Cleanse, Shards, and is pretty tanky.

Warden would be a 2nd place with Sorc as a close 3rd.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    Your question was regarding pvp group healing so I will answer specific to this point.

It depends on a number of factors:
    • Group size. 4-8; 8-12; 12-16; 16+. Each bracket has varying options.
    • Organisation level. How well do you know your group. Is the group made up of pugs, people that sometimes play pvp or people that play pvp all the time. Are the builds complementary to each other. Is the group balanced for what the group needs.
    • Skill level. How well does the group handle opponents. Positioning, movement etc.
    • Play style. Does the group prefer a casual style or a stricter, more challenging playing experience

Templars and wardens are the go to healer classes due to their healing abilities, but that is not to say other clssess won't succeed. There is no "best" class. "Best" is very subjective and largely depends on the player skill level rather than character class.

I personally have used a templar then switched to warden. Both are good choices. For group it is beneficial to have both classes as they excel in different areas and therefore complement each other. Remember, it is not a matter of filling a quota; each player has their own style and it is best to make use of this rather than going with a "meta".

To elaborate further on what tasks healers should be able to cope with:
    • Healing hp
    • cc removal
    • Group buffs
    • Damage assist
    • Enemy shutdown

One healer is certainly is not expected to cover all of the above; but the healer group as a whole should be able to manage all of these points.

Hope this helps.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Other"

One that knows what they're doing.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    For a small group up to 6 ppl I would rather have a warden with me. For larger groups than that, templar is better.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Warden or Templar for larger groups and overall situations in Cyrodil. I only slightly lean towards templar because I have 4 of them ...

Specifically in smaller groups (less than 4): NB.
    PvE dungeons, delves, quests, etc.: NB
    Solo as a healer in Cyro: NB

Rolling somewhere in faction stack (GASP): DK, Sorc.
  • Ruse
    Ruse
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. No love for Warden pvp healers? That surprises me.

If I had to choose between a warden or templar as a healer I would pick the warden 7 days/week.

Can you elaborate. I've never run a Warden healer. For corrupting pollen and permafrost?

@The_Patriarch

Templar:
    + Great burst heal for those "ohh ****" moments (Breath of Life, Remembrance)
    + Can give allies the ability to cleanse negative effects
    + Shards for sustain

- Lacks mobility
    - Doesn´t provide many major/minor buffs to your group
    - Shards can be replaced for orbs

Warden:
    + Amazing Group utility by having access to many major/minor buffs. Skills like Expansive Frost Cloak and Enchanted Growth are amazing for any group.
    + AoE Defile through corruptive Pollen
    + AoE major protection through permafrost
    + Great mobility through the usage of Nature´s Grasp (aka Spider man skill).

- Lacks the same opportunities to burst heal a group compared to the Templar

Reason I prefer warden is because they can bring many useful buffs to a group that a Templar can´t.

Here´s the magwarden setup I run atm
    [img][/img]sXGbWfw.png
    In the screenshot the Bloodspawn proc isn´t activated. And the regen from the vMA staff and nature´s gift passive isn´t shown in the statsheet

5 Shackle
    5 Wizard´s Riposte (might swap this out next patch)
    vMA restostaff
    Bloodspawn

5 Light, 1 heavy, 1 medium

Can I ask your warden's bar setup? I'm thinking more from a BG standpoint but I do Cyro as well.
    Edited by Ruse on September 2, 2018 9:27PM
    Travels in Tamriel (screenshots + light RP blog)
    _.._.._.._.._.._.._

Jubilee | warden healer | white orc swamp witch
    Sarielle | templar healer | Imperial good girl

My Skyrim mods:
    Classic | SE
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I'm a bit biased but I really love NB as a healer in PvP.

It's a hidden gem that hasn't caught much attention yet on Xbox NA. And I'm very happy with that.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Thogard wrote: »
    There’s no heal without a purify.
    Remembrance still best heal in the game.
    BoL still best spammable heal

I would seriously question the level of play of anyone that responds with a choice other than magplar.

Edit: unless you want to intentionally be “off meta” and by “off meta” I mean “bad.”

But hey if you lose because you’re off meta then you’ll always have that as an excuse, and you can tell yourself “well if we were running a Templar we would’ve won”

So yeah if you want to have excuses for why you lose, by all means don’t run a magplar.

But if you want to PvP seriously, and you want to be competitive, and you care more about winning then you do about having excuses for why you lost, then there’s really only one answer.

Magden is a great auxiliary healer / utility slot. But if you had to pick only one, it’s magplar every time.

Running a group without purify in no-cp is a suicidal move, but warden has its merits, permafrost is extremely good for making a majestic entrance. Things are probably different in CP campaign, but from my experience I like how fast magdens can be with falcon swiftness, We don't run rapid monkeys on our groups and Its good to see a healer that can keep up with stam bois.

So in the end my main preference would still be a templar but warden is a very close second pick.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on September 3, 2018 12:31AM