The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Healer Class Would you Rather Have in your PvP Group?

The_Lex
The_Lex
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In the past I played a mix of PvE and PvP - maybe 90/10. Now, I have shifted my focus to be primarily PvP. I have found great success with my DPS classes, so now I am setting my sights on healing. Which class do you prefer to have healing your PvP group?

Not only vote, but drop a comment as to why you chose the class. Thanks!

Edited by The_Lex on August 9, 2018 2:57PM

Which Healer Class Would you Rather Have in your PvP Group? 138 votes

Templar
59%
Kozerarkansas_ESOsticx45_ESODeadlyRecluseck37090CresSwampRaiderBam_BamDTStormfoxkkravaritieb17_ESOCheloSheezabeastSilverWFWingtului78ChefZerosollHidesFromSunDarkmage1337Soris 82 votes
Warden
25%
Springt-Über-ZwergeEnkilSkoomahCP5TheEverwordefsterBeardimusDracan_FontomZakazhNateS4QbikenDBZVelenaEnslavedSacredxCarcharodontosaurusEvenaKikkeTirpsMinarasLaurejaws343 35 votes
Dragonknight
2%
wuka91HuggelzWildRaptorX 3 votes
Nightblade
8%
Iruil_ESOStrider__RoshinCatchMeTrollingbrandonv516exeeter702Hutch679VietfoxStayAlfrescoCoggoCaleb_Kadeshrabidmyersambitor 12 votes
Sorcerer
4%
HessenForztrAkrimusStibbonsSheolaMartelascirocco2 6 votes
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where's the "none" option?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Where's the "none" option?

Lol. Didn't think about adding that. Hindsight is 20/20.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. No love for Warden pvp healers? That surprises me.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden

If I had to choose between a warden or templar as a healer I would pick the warden 7 days/week.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

If I had to choose between a warden or templar as a healer I would pick the warden 7 days/week.

Can you elaborate. I've never run a Warden healer. For corrupting pollen and permafrost?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone else want to weigh in?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I would talk to your regular PvP group and see what THEY would prefer.

For example, the regen buffs from the warden heal are really nice, as is their ability to toss out AOE defile--but you only really need one source of those buffs, so if you group already runs with a solid magwarden, you might want to bring a different class to the table.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    I'd say warden, better area denial, similar healing.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Incognito healer, and still has high burst. People are too trained to hunt down the BoL spammer. Most people don't even realize that the Magblade is healing.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would talk to your regular PvP group and see what THEY would prefer.

For example, the regen buffs from the warden heal are really nice, as is their ability to toss out AOE defile--but you only really need one source of those buffs, so if you group already runs with a solid magwarden, you might want to bring a different class to the table.

Good advice. My usual group is pretty informal, so we really don't have a dedicated healer. I'm still working on finding a solid group. :smile:
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I appreciate the responses everyone. I am surprised Warden isn't stacking up as well as Templar.
    Edited by The_Lex on August 10, 2018 11:22AM
  • Akrimus
    Akrimus
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    In large group not even important which class is healing. Pure healer is not needed in PvP, so more interesting what this healer can offer besides this. Tamplar has nothing, he is healbot, this is his weak point. My vote for Sorcerer because mobility and hard CC: streak, minefield, negate - all tools are very useful in any situaton. But...there are very few Sorc-healers, and expirienced are even less.

In small group, well, maybe I would vote for Nightblade. He can deal damage and healing others at the same time, run out from troubles and have some CC.
    PC EU DC Akrimus (Sorcerer) Daggerfall Bandits
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not care about the class, as long as they do their job efficiently, it really does not matter.
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a good player on any class over a bad player on the "best" class.
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Aside from the nice burst heal, purge, shards, and repentance in both PvE/PvP help a lot in terms of support.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templars > Wardens > Sorcs (that fat Matriarch heal and Negate is useful) > NB > DK.

If someone says they are a DK healer, might as well run no healer in your group.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Templar cleanse is beautiful and easily superior to the AvA purge, but I love those mushrooms and trees. Maybe with bonus frozen retreat, bursty vine, or permafrost.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden

Can you elaborate. I've never run a Warden healer. For corrupting pollen and permafrost?

@The_Patriarch

Templar:
    + Great burst heal for those "ohh ****" moments (Breath of Life, Remembrance)
    + Can give allies the ability to cleanse negative effects
    + Shards for sustain

- Lacks mobility
    - Doesn´t provide many major/minor buffs to your group
    - Shards can be replaced for orbs

Warden:
    + Amazing Group utility by having access to many major/minor buffs. Skills like Expansive Frost Cloak and Enchanted Growth are amazing for any group.
    + AoE Defile through corruptive Pollen
    + AoE major protection through permafrost
    + Great mobility through the usage of Nature´s Grasp (aka Spider man skill).

- Lacks the same opportunities to burst heal a group compared to the Templar

Reason I prefer warden is because they can bring many useful buffs to a group that a Templar can´t.

Here´s the magwarden setup I run atm
    [img][/img]sXGbWfw.png
    In the screenshot the Bloodspawn proc isn´t activated. And the regen from the vMA staff and nature´s gift passive isn´t shown in the statsheet

5 Shackle
    5 Wizard´s Riposte (might swap this out next patch)
    vMA restostaff
    Bloodspawn

5 Light, 1 heavy, 1 medium
    Edited by Qbiken on August 10, 2018 8:38AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I'm biased as prefer to PLAY a Sorc Healer.

But i know Warden are the strongest overall, so i'm being honnest to the poll!

Suprised people default to templar, all the decent skills arent class ones!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@The_Patriarch

Templar:
    + Great burst heal for those "ohh ****" moments (Breath of Life, Remembrance)
    + Can give allies the ability to cleanse negative effects
    + Shards for sustain

- Lacks mobility
    - Shards can be replaced for orbs

Warden:
    + Amazing Group utility by having access to many major/minor buffs. Skills like Expansive Frost Cloak and Enchanted Growth are amazing for any group.
    + AoE Defile through corruptive Pollen
    + AoE major protection through permafrost
    + Great mobility through the usage of Nature´s Grasp (aka Spider man skill).

- Lacks the same opportunities to burst heal a group compared to the Templar

Reason I prefer warden is because they can bring many useful buffs to a group that a Templar can´t.

Here´s the magwarden setup I run atm
    [img][/img]sXGbWfw.png
    In the screenshot the Bloodspawn proc isn´t activated. And the regen from the vMA staff and nature´s gift passive isn´t shown in the statsheet

5 Shackle
    5 Wizard´s Riposte (might swap this out next patch)
    vMA restostaff
    Bloodspawn

5 Light, 1 heavy, 1 medium

Thank you such a detailed response. This is very helpful.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I am surprised as well. Maybe people like knowing that there's a burst heal incoming.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Beardimus wrote: »

I am surprised as well. Maybe people like knowing that there's a burst heal incoming.

That purge is amazing, and with a Templar you can use orbs and shards. The definitely have their merits.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on August 10, 2018 11:46AM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    Templar >> all
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar:

Warden:

I don't play healers and haven't systematically gone through the group buffs that classes provide. The above part of your argument doesn't quite convince me, since you omitted specifically mentioning that templars provide Minor Sorcery via passive. The thing about Frost Cloak is that it's often a redundant buff. Unless you're talking about a very organised group, everyone is likely to have it already. That leaves Minor Intellect / Endurance vs Minor Sorcery.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • CeeJonesy
    CeeJonesy
    ✭✭✭
    none. would rather have someone with high damage who has an area heal over time that they can spam. 8 high damage players running dawnbreaker/spin to win/vigor and a bit of timing with the ults can wipe any size group from my experiences provide 8-12k heals each second as long as they all spam vigor.
    PC EU | XBOX EU
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    fred4 wrote: »
    Templar:

Warden:

I don't play healers and haven't systematically gone through the group buffs that classes provide. The above part of your argument doesn't quite convince me, since you omitted specifically mentioning that templars provide Minor Sorcery via passive. The thing about Frost Cloak is that it's often a redundant buff. Unless you're talking about a very organised group, everyone is likely to have it already. That leaves Minor Intellect / Endurance vs Minor Sorcery.

Everything is situational and both warden and Templar has their places in PvP as supports. They´re both good but at different things. From my perspective warden is the support that is there to buff your team while debuffing your enemies while the Templar is the healbot that is there to keep you alive when there´s a lot of incoming damage (very simplified I know, but just my take on it).

Frost cloak is an amazing skill in my opinion. An example:
    I play werewolf a lot, and sometimes I play in a smaller group with other werewolfs. Werewolfs doesn´t have access to major ward/resolve unless they pre-buff in human form or run Mighty Chudan. By having a warden in the group providing that buff, it lets the werewolfs in the group run other monster sets that are more beneficial for either dealing damage, or become more tanky.

The extra regen/sustain from Enchanted Growth is beneficial no matter what class/setup you use :)

An AoE major defile is also incredibly powerful (Corruptive Pollen). Sure, Templar can use Dark Flare, but it´s not even close in terms of effectiveness in applying the defile debuff.

Permafrost is probably one of the best defensive ultimates in the game. Templar has major maim from the nova ultimate. But when it comes to mitigate as much damage as possible, major protection > Major maim. The synergy from nova is however really nice.
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    One word - Purify...

@Qbiken You make some really good points though qbiken. For example, I just started playing a werewolf and have been struggling at times so your point about needing a warden in my small group to buff me up is going to help a lot.

I wonder if you’re biased toward magwarden since it seems you really like to run that class. I’ve seen some very effective warden healers. However, I know how much I love seeing a Purify synergy pop up. It allows me to play so much more offensively and keeps me alive in so many situations where I couldn’t survive otherwise. I also know how hard it is to take down a group with a templar (even stanplar) dropping purifies. I know everybody likes to talk about how weak templars are atm, but I personally believe that purify is the single most important/strongest/effective skill in the game for pvp. Maybe I’m biased as a main magdk whose damage is mostly negated by purify but idk.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    callen4492 wrote: »
    One word - Purify...

@Qbiken You make some really good points though qbiken. For example, I just started playing a werewolf and have been struggling at times so your point about needing a warden in my small group to buff me up is going to help a lot.

I wonder if you’re biased toward magwarden since it seems you really like to run that class. I’ve seen some very effective warden healers. However, I know how much I love seeing a Purify synergy pop up. It allows me to play so much more offensively and keeps me alive in so many situations where I couldn’t survive otherwise. I also know how hard it is to take down a group with a templar (even stanplar) dropping purifies. I know everybody likes to talk about how weak templars are atm, but I personally believe that purify is the single most important/strongest/effective skill in the game for pvp. Maybe I’m biased as a main magdk whose damage is mostly negated by purify but idk.

We´re all a bit biased ;)

I´m a little biased because I love how well warden synergies with werewolf (and I enjoy playing WW a lot). I try to make sure when running with my group that we´ve a warden and a templar as support. And that purify synergy is amazing from time to time :)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @callen4492
    @Qbiken

I appreciate even biased responses. Those tend to be the most passionate!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The extra regen/sustain from Enchanted Growth is beneficial no matter what class/setup you use :)
    Since I like to nitpick, not to a templar running Repentance, but yeah ;).