The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Destro/Resto mag NB lives!

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purple jewellery and also a few tri-stat glyphs but still have 53k magicka? - HOW?!?! :p

Absolutely love the vid btw! Quality! ;)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bam_Bam wrote: »
    Purple jewellery and also a few tri-stat glyphs but still have 53k magicka? - HOW?!?! :p

That’s totally ok though because only Sorcs are OP. :trollface:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

That’s totally ok though because only Sorcs are OP. :trollface:

LOL. NERF THEM! Nerf them all!
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR I like the build I know it had me triggered a few times when I thought I was about to kill you. It soaks up damage like a sponge. I thought you were using incap. what ultimate we're you using I don't really remember? I stop using incap everyone always cc breaks and dodge rolls after you land incap making hitting a follow up bow impossible. So I been using soul harvest since last patch. I don't think the fight would end we were spamming cripple too much lol
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭

Firstly thanks for the kind words:) secondly, max mag is so easy to get on a mag NB, innerlight + necro + shackle is just crazy amounts of magicka! I'm so gutted about my one piece of purple jewelry, gold necro necklaces are just none existent on ps4 :/
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    @HEBREWHAMMERRR I like the build I know it had me triggered a few times when I thought I was about to kill you. It soaks up damage like a sponge. I thought you were using incap. what ultimate we're you using I don't really remember? I stop using incap everyone always cc breaks and dodge rolls after you land incap making hitting a follow up bow impossible. So I been using soul harvest since last patch. I don't think the fight would end we were spamming cripple too much lol

If you incap, charge up a heavy then straight away fire your bow it's the exact timing of a rolldodge so the merciless and the heavy attack hit, such a satisfying way of killing someone, it almost seems like you kill them during their dodge
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »

If you incap, charge up a heavy then straight away fire your bow it's the exact timing of a rolldodge so the merciless and the heavy attack hit, such a satisfying way of killing someone, it almost seems like you kill them during their dodge

I'll have try that. I usually found myself doing similar things and not firing my bow after a incap unless I was fighting someone who lacked experience. I found that as long as a fire the bow in the 6 seconds window I can usually secure a kill. So I switched to soul harvest because it hits harder especially when you add in spell pen, spell crit and CP. it's pretty a prett noticeable damage increase, and I was never landing the incap combo anyway lol
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    @Abstraqt et al

Nice work...seen the build but like the play. My question is whether maxing magicka is the best alternative?

IF not cloaking, wouldn't a high crit / SD build give more benefit from the heals and occasional crits (yeah I know impen but not everyone wears it)?

I also run a hig mag NB build but have been looking at alternatives.

The build would be somethin Torug based most likely.

Just curious.

A build that focuses on spell damage and crit would be more damage than a Max Magicka build the problem with that is your damage shield will be weak. You can wear say war maiden and Julianos with 1 piece kena and a nirn fire staff and you would do more damage but where would your defense come from. That's what is good about max magicka it's offensive and defensive at the same time.

If you were to play heavy armor you would want higher spell damage to take advantage of your heals since on heavy that's your main form of defense the same goes for melee magblade because you're main form of defense is cloak meaning it's best to stack spell damage because it will give you more burst than stacking magicka. On destro/resto you are pretty much pigeonholed into playing a Max magicka build because your main form of defense is shields and if you try to build for something else you'll be too squishy. Last patch I played war mainden or spinner/lich/ engine guardian that build is no longer viable because it's too squishy.

@Abstraqt

Thanks. If I understand correctly:

Light armor builds should focus on high magicka for shields, cloaking etc. Perhaps less SD/crit, but a number of benefits
    Heavy armor builds will have less magicka for casting, etc., but can stack SD more readily due to HA protections

Simply put, its Hig Mag versus SD trade-off?
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt et al

Nice work...seen the build but like the play. My question is whether maxing magicka is the best alternative?

IF not cloaking, wouldn't a high crit / SD build give more benefit from the heals and occasional crits (yeah I know impen but not everyone wears it)?

I also run a hig mag NB build but have been looking at alternatives.

The build would be somethin Torug based most likely.

Just curious.

A build that focuses on spell damage and crit would be more damage than a Max Magicka build the problem with that is your damage shield will be weak. You can wear say war maiden and Julianos with 1 piece kena and a nirn fire staff and you would do more damage but where would your defense come from. That's what is good about max magicka it's offensive and defensive at the same time.

If you were to play heavy armor you would want higher spell damage to take advantage of your heals since on heavy that's your main form of defense the same goes for melee magblade because you're main form of defense is cloak meaning it's best to stack spell damage because it will give you more burst than stacking magicka. On destro/resto you are pretty much pigeonholed into playing a Max magicka build because your main form of defense is shields and if you try to build for something else you'll be too squishy. Last patch I played war mainden or spinner/lich/ engine guardian that build is no longer viable because it's too squishy.

@Abstraqt

Thanks. If I understand correctly:

Light armor builds should focus on high magicka for shields, cloaking etc. Perhaps less SD/crit, but a number of benefits
    Heavy armor builds will have less magicka for casting, etc., but can stack SD more readily due to HA protections

Simply put, its Hig Mag versus SD trade-off?

Pretty much :)
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    why are you running infused on helm and chest?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »

More stats.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »

Just to push my health and stam as far as I can without losing too much mag :)