The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Destro/Resto mag NB lives!

Abstraqt
Abstraqt
✭✭✭
Quick gameplay showing a recent tear I went on in bgs, build is in the description, hope you enjoy :)

https://youtu.be/3hvtagRcfjQ
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never dead.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It was never dead.

100% it would have gad to die to live again and it never died
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt can you list your abilities setup? Gear used? Do you use Zaan?

Thanks, and nice video, fantastic skills!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It was never dead.

The 2h builds tried to take over.

Also it was just random text I put don't read too deeply into it lmao
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

Destro: Merciless, inner light, swallow soul, destructive reach, ele drain, incap

Resto: Harness, shade, healing ward, syphoning attacks, cripple, meteor or resto ult

Gear used is in the video and description but it's 5 Necro 5 Shackle 2 Skoria

Nah zaans really bad imo, much prefer Skoria
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find interesting that you do not have shadowy disguise
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭

I never use cloak, don't find that I need it
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video! I agree with the other poster though, it never died... :)
  • Tommyguns818
    The only toon I have is a magblade destro/restro since day one. Even when people freaked out on summerset release with all of it's changes. But yeah, never died my friend. Great video. Glad that there's people still rocking it.
    XBOX One gamertag: Cur1UpAndDie
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Abstraqt wrote: »

Destro: Merciless, inner light, swallow soul, destructive reach, ele drain, incap

Resto: Harness, shade, healing ward, syphoning attacks, cripple, meteor or resto ult

I would recommend to post this info to your first post under video :)
    Nice vid btw, tho I can't understand how do you guys play without fear с:

You play only BGs or Cyro too? If you play Cyro too – it may become pretty tough to live with your build without cloak. Just asking.
    Edited by Pijng on August 8, 2018 6:10PM
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    I'm confused about 5 Necro, you don't have a pet with a NB so what is the 5 set piece for?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow Image counts as pet.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »
    I'm confused about 5 Necro, you don't have a pet with a NB so what is the 5 set piece for?

Summon Shade counts as a pet and procs Necro.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, did not realize that!
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

I would recommend to post this info to your first post under video :)
    Nice vid btw, tho I can't understand how do you guys play without fear с:

You play only BGs or Cyro too? If you play Cyro too – it may become pretty tough to live with your build without cloak. Just asking.

Nah, I haven't used it in cyrodiil at all and it's completely fine, If you're melee it's needed but not really for ranged imo. Obviously slot it if you want though
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »
    Thanks, did not realize that!

Yeah it's super cool :)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this. You’ve built a Sorc that’s far better than a Sorc.

I’ll be trying this, except I’ll find a spot for shadowy disguise!
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

If you build your nightblade like a sorc the nightblade will be better in duels but the sorc will still be better in more situations in cyrodiil. I play the same build except I use 1 Domi/1 infernal guardian instead of skoria for a bigger shield. Cloak is border line useless most magblades are taking it off their bars it's expensive and it's also a crap shoot and since magblade is so slow with all the snares it's not a really good repositioning tool either. It's better to just swap it for siphoning attacks, path, or blur.

It kind of just depends on what you like doing. If you like to duel magblade is better if you like solo PvP or battlegrounds mag sorc is better.
    Edited by thankyourat on August 10, 2018 8:34PM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    *rolls into lava to avoid zaan’s ridiculous damage*

I think this says a lot about the power of zaan...
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    *rolls into lava to avoid zaan’s ridiculous damage*

I think this says a lot about the power of zaan...

Lmaoo
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video. Favorite part was the 1% health left teleport --> ward. Like how did they not know.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you build your nightblade like a sorc the nightblade will be better in duels but the sorc will still be better in more situations in cyrodiil. I play the same build except I use 1 Domi/1 infernal guardian instead of skoria for a bigger shield. Cloak is border line useless most magblades are taking it off their bars it's expensive and it's also a crap shoot and since magblade is so slow with all the snares it's not a really good repositioning tool either. It's better to just swap it for siphoning attacks, path, or blur.

It kind of just depends on what you like doing. If you like to duel magblade is better if you like solo PvP or battlegrounds mag sorc is better.

They’re about to nerf snares to four seconds or so right? As a bonus cloak gets rid of sloads, so there’s always that. A Sorc will eat a stack of sloads love while a magNB has some counter to it.

So long as half of Cyrodiil is running sloads, I think shadowy disguise will have a respectable place.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video. Favorite part was the 1% health left teleport --> ward. Like how did they not know.

Yeah I was very surprised I didn't get beamed or something then
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭

They’re about to nerf snares to four seconds or so right? As a bonus cloak gets rid of sloads, so there’s always that. A Sorc will eat a stack of sloads love while a magNB has some counter to it.

So long as half of Cyrodiil is running sloads, I think shadowy disguise will have a respectable place.

If you watch my other videos they 70% dueling vids, I cast cripple once every 3 seconds anyway so luckily the nerf won't effect me at all hah. A mag NB without cloak has counter to sloads anyways through syphoning attacks, as long as I can continue to weave in light attacks when sloads is on me I'll be getting healed enough to cancel sloads out, or at least get it to a point where it isn't an issue
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you watch my other videos they 70% dueling vids, I cast cripple once every 3 seconds anyway so luckily the nerf won't effect me at all hah. A mag NB without cloak has counter to sloads anyways through syphoning attacks, as long as I can continue to weave in light attacks when sloads is on me I'll be getting healed enough to cancel sloads out, or at least get it to a point where it isn't an issue

Open world though you get stuck with three different stacks from terrible players that only know how to light attack.

*cloak*

Nope!
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭

Open world though you get stuck with three different stacks from terrible players that only know how to light attack.

*cloak*

Nope!

Very true, there's just not enough reason to put cloak on a bar anymore, I use it in imperial city but that's more for avoiding ads
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt et al

Nice work...seen the build but like the play. My question is whether maxing magicka is the best alternative?

IF not cloaking, wouldn't a high crit / SD build give more benefit from the heals and occasional crits (yeah I know impen but not everyone wears it)?

I also run a hig mag NB build but have been looking at alternatives.

The build would be somethin Torug based most likely.

Just curious.
  • Abstraqt
    Abstraqt
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    @Abstraqt et al

Nice work...seen the build but like the play. My question is whether maxing magicka is the best alternative?

IF not cloaking, wouldn't a high crit / SD build give more benefit from the heals and occasional crits (yeah I know impen but not everyone wears it)?

Just curious.

What I've found is that it's much easier to build max mag than SD on a mag NB so I'm just playing to the strengths of the class.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt et al

Just curious.

A build that focuses on spell damage and crit would be more damage than a Max Magicka build the problem with that is your damage shield will be weak. You can wear say war maiden and Julianos with 1 piece kena and a nirn fire staff and you would do more damage but where would your defense come from. That's what is good about max magicka it's offensive and defensive at the same time.

If you were to play heavy armor you would want higher spell damage to take advantage of your heals since on heavy that's your main form of defense the same goes for melee magblade because you're main form of defense is cloak meaning it's best to stack spell damage because it will give you more burst than stacking magicka. On destro/resto you are pretty much pigeonholed into playing a Max magicka build because your main form of defense is shields and if you try to build for something else you'll be too squishy. Last patch I played war mainden or spinner/lich/ engine guardian that build is no longer viable because it's too squishy.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abstraqt et al

Just curious.

A build that focuses on spell damage and crit would be more damage than a Max Magicka build the problem with that is your damage shield will be weak. You can wear say war maiden and Julianos with 1 piece kena and a nirn fire staff and you would do more damage but where would your defense come from. That's what is good about max magicka it's offensive and defensive at the same time.

If you were to play heavy armor you would want higher spell damage to take advantage of your heals since on heavy that's your main form of defense the same goes for melee magblade because you're main form of defense is cloak meaning it's best to stack spell damage because it will give you more burst than stacking magicka. On destro/resto you are pretty much pigeonholed into playing a Max magicka build because your main form of defense is shields and if you try to build for something else you'll be too squishy. Last patch I played war mainden or spinner/lich/ engine guardian that build is no longer viable because it's too squishy.

Good fight other day man, didn’t have incap on so wasn’t going to end lol. What’d ya think of new build? Been rocking heavy tavas on my magblade lol it’s low key pretty nasty haha.