Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Comparison of Solar Barrage on Live and PTS

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    I think the effect of the Solar Barrage change needs to be calculated within the context of a rotation, as opposed to the raw damage produced by the skill itself.

The 1.1 second cast time of Solar Barrage seems to have been deliberately synchronized with the 1.1 second cast time of Puncturing Sweeps so that Solar Barrage could be cast on cooldown in place of Sweeps in a melee templar rotation.

The removal of the cast time and lowering of the damage seems to indicate the devs' wish for us to use an additional skill in a Sweeps-based rotation, preferably a DoT or buff with a roughly 8 second duration, or an additional spammable if using Crushing Shock or Elemental Weapons.

On a melee rotation you currently have:
    Blockade>shards>RL>PL>Sweep x 2>free skill. This is an 8 second rotation. With a cast time you would have to drop a jab to cast it like you said, but now you can just cast barrage as your last skill. But its still bad because of sustain issues.

And the sustain is the bottleneck of magplars.

Yeah...also I'm not sure who deals more damage, rangeplar or melee...
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭

Yeah...also I'm not sure who deals more damage, rangeplar or melee...

Probably not much of a difference. Depends a bit on who can put the better rota together along with the individual timings.
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author