Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil ocean fishing broken, can't access Bravil for the fishing holes.

MyNameIsElias
MyNameIsElias
✭✭✭✭✭
I am unable to reach Bravil in Cyrodiil to get to the two out of 4 ocean fishing holes in the entire zone, everytime i try to reach it, i get hit with a loading screen, and then the game teleports me to the southern Morrowind gate. I was able to access the area just fine about two weeks ago, maybe some weird thing happened when Mid-Year mayhem was activated?

Here is an image that helps illustrate my problem:
jfqP83G.png

Here is a video that shows the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPeMNEQJ_fY

I tried three times in total, across two different campaigns, with the same result each time. It's quite far to ride when you are playing on the Pact.

PC-EU
Campaign: Kastav, Shor.
Happened 7th of August, 2018.

If anybody else has the same problem, please let me know. I was lucky and managed to catch all the fish i needed from the 2 holes outside Bravil, but being able to get to them would be ideal.
The only work-around i know is to switch campaigns, and hope the 2 holes outside Bravil are active.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by MyNameIsElias on August 7, 2018 10:13AM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias

Thanks for the information. It is a known bug. Whether the ZOS developers will ever get a Round Tuit and rectify the problem remains to be seen. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting, if I were you.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MyNameIsElias

Thanks for the information. It is a known bug. Whether the ZOS developers will ever get a Round Tuit and rectify the problem remains to be seen. But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting, if I were you.

Thank you for the response. It's good to know i'm not the only one :smile:
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck getting this fixed ever or in the next 6 months
    Options
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is sadly a thing.
    We have like 3 holes to fish ocean related fishes and 2 of these can spawn as lake holes lol.
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a perfect opportunity to actually add more ocean holes to Cyrodiil, particularly somewhere closer to the EP and DC bases, instead of them only being available right next to AD gates.

As for "realism" if that's even a factor, there is open water connection from the AD ocean spots all the way up along the edge of the map to EP territory. You could put ocean fish there, and call them "migratory" fish.
    Options
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fixed the foul water holes in Summerset, but they won't fix this. Maybe as a christmas gift? <makes big puppy eyes>
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replys guys! For what it's worth, i've noticed that the 2 ocean holes outside Bravil have some kind of cooldown timer on them. When both are depleted, it takes roughly 2 minutes before one of them respawns!

I have a theory that zos has plans for Bravil in a future patch, and they secretly added in a loadingscreen barrier to prevent players from acessing it for now. Like i said, the 2 holes outside Bravil seem to respawn semi quickly, meaning this might be some band aid solution for the ocean holes.

It could possibly have something to do with the upcoming changes to Cyrodiil in the Murkmire patch:
    "If you’d like to learn even more about Murkmire, Creative Director Rich Lambert, Dungeon Lead Mike Finnigan, and PvP Lead Brian Wheeler will join the Community team in a panel to chat about the new zone (including its biomes and adventures), the new Blackrose Prison arena, and the changes coming to ESO’s open-world PvP game mode. "

From this article https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54649

What do you guys think?
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on August 23, 2018 8:02PM
    Options
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this thread... Still not fixed.
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know how true it is but I heard they did that to stop people from exploiting with the scrolls. I'll try to find the thread.

Edit: Found it........ https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421448/new-anti-cheat-mechanism-is-screwing-fishers-over#latest
    Edited by Hippie4927 on September 3, 2018 4:33PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Don't know how true it is but I heard they did that to stop people from exploiting with the scrolls. I'll try to find the thread.

Edit: Found it........ https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421448/new-anti-cheat-mechanism-is-screwing-fishers-over#latest

It's an interesting theory! Still hoping for answers soon :neutral:
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, when I did my Master Angler, I just assumed it was intended that there were only like 3 ocean holes and got my fish just fine.
    Options
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, when I did my Master Angler, I just assumed it was intended that there were only like 3 ocean holes and got my fish just fine.

Right now there are just 2 and both are near AD scroll gate ... If they did it to prevent some sort of players mischief or abusing bugs etc. they should add more ocean holes like to south of cropsford or something or even making entire Nibanay Bay being salty water.
    Options
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even know why there's "Ocean" holes in Cyrodiil anyways.

Look at your map.

Cyrodiil is in the center.

There is no ocean.

Cryodiil is literally surrounded by land.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at your map.

There is no ocean.

Apparently the salt water from Topal Bay washes all the way up to Bravil?
    oblivion_cyrodiil_map___retextured_by_alifeincolours-dbxh5f7.png
    Okay, yeah, that's nonsense. I got nothing.
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at your map.

There is no ocean.

Salt Lake in Utah, has a higher salt rate then an ocean, and Utah is not near the ocean. Stuff happens.
    Options
  • Vixenator
    Vixenator
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue when I had to get the ocean fish a couple weeks ago. Its bad enough as a DC player having to ride ALL THE WAY to AD for the only fishing holes and being limited to about 2 holes in enemy territory .
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Look at your map.

There is no ocean.

Salt Lake in Utah, has a higher salt rate then an ocean, and Utah is not near the ocean. Stuff happens.

Well, this actually makes sense considering the recent update with Wolfhunter to force all fishing holes to be named by what type of water they are.
    Ocean holes don't exist now as they are all named "Salt Water". This way they can believably have ocean fishing holes anywhere, because salty or fresh is the only real difference between ocean and lake and whether staitonary or moving water to differentiate "river" and "foul" being obvious.

Edit:
    Yes, they need more fishing holes. If nothing else, it is necessary to prevent easy ganking.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on September 4, 2018 9:04PM
    Options
  • StamWhipCultist
    StamWhipCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting how one can take enemy scroll and bring it inside the friendly locked gate and that is not considered trolling, yet it seems jumping with scroll into Bravil made zos lock the place and leave fishermen with just a few slow respawning holes for Cyro ocean fish.
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done some more testing, and i can confirm 100% that the two available ocean holes are on a roughly 2 minute long timer. That means if both are depleted, one of them will respawn in 2 minutes!

Fishing for Cyrodiil ocean fish is 100% doable, it just takes a bit of time having to wait for one of the 2 holes to respawn.

From my extensive fishing experience, i am very certain that there is always atleast 1 active fishing hole of any water type in each zone. The only exception to this Is Hew's Bane foul water, which i've made a bug thread about already.

As for why Cyrodiil ocean has a 2 minute timer between the 2 available holes, i do not know. My two theories are:

* Bravil became inaccessible due to some weird bug in the code of the game, and somehow the player interactable fishing holes got wiped, thus triggering the game to think there is only 2 ocean holes in the zone instead of 4.

* Zenimax has future plans for Bravil, and secretly (Or forgot to announce) added in a loadingscreen barrier around the City to prevent players from reaching it in the meantime. And when they removed the unreachable fishing holes from Bravil, they accidently left in a 2 minute long respawn time on the 2 holes outside the gate of Mnem.

There were mentions of new stuff being added to Cyrodiil in the latest Murkmire previews we've seen, so once PTS hits we will know for sure.

Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 7, 2018 11:44PM
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From today's PTS patch notes............

"Added new fishing locations near Bravil and Niben Bay, and the fishing locations on the north side of Bravil have been moved."

So, we're back in business.........as fishy as it may be! :)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see something got done about it! Makes me wonder though what plans they have for Bravil in the future....
    Options
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see something got done about it! Makes me wonder though what plans they have for Bravil in the future....

Nothing, it was related to the destructable bridges and them moving a few things around in Cyrodiil to fit that.
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is curious, they moved the 2 Bravil ocean holes up north a bit, and they can be found on this tiny beach! pXheKZG.png
    bqmu5TH.jpg

So in total we are now back to having 4 functional ocean holes in Cyrodiil! However, i have noticed that the 2 holes near the Mnem gate are still on a 2 minute respawn timer, meaning that if you deplete one of them, the other one will respawn in 2 minutes. It's a very strange behavior, and i'm still uncertain of what would cause it.
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    good to know that 2 holes were added.i was dreading crossing the water with the slaughterfish damage buff coming.
    Options
  • Capelobster
    If anyone is curious, they moved the 2 Bravil ocean holes up north a bit, and they can be found on this tiny beach! pXheKZG.png
    bqmu5TH.jpg

So in total we are now back to having 4 functional ocean holes in Cyrodiil! However, i have noticed that the 2 holes near the Mnem gate are still on a 2 minute respawn timer, meaning that if you deplete one of them, the other one will respawn in 2 minutes. It's a very strange behavior, and i'm still uncertain of what would cause it.

By Azurah, by Azurah, by Azurah! It's the Grand Champion (Master Angler)! I can't believe it's you, standing here, next to me.

I'm glad I found this, am doing Cyrodiil for MA now!
    Options