Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Request: Jewelry Crafting

Valrien
Valrien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Literally all you have to do to alleviate the pain is change the plate requirement back to 2-3-4-8 and then eliminate grains altogether.

Boom, jewelry crafting fixed
Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow it's like a normal person just used sense or something incredible
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plates are just too high prized. Bigger drop rate would fix this so actually few pple could make golden one jewelry under 1 000 000 gold.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not gonna happen, because they don't want to make the Golden vendor obsolete.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think she hoarded enough gold by now to buy her own island with a royal palace and happily retire. :)

I dread the moment when ZOS will realize that -now- they can bring jewelry more in line with other crafts in their own typical way and make the jewelry quality cap the enchantment value like it happens with weapons and armor. That's instead of bringing it in line by removing the unnecessary intermediate step of refining grains.
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    I think the change they made in the PTS is good enough.

Making the JC Upgrade system just as "easy" as the other crafting skill lines will kill a lot of things in this game. For instance:

1. There wont be any incentive to run most of the trials in veteran or veteran-HM since you can just go normal and then upgrade.
    2. The same applies to campaing-end rewards in PvP, this is, the whole leaderboard system would be screwed.
    3. The golden will have no more purpose in the game, thus preventing people who farm both PvE and PvP to get those rings without market (specially the PvP community who will lose an AP-gold convertion source).

So, if they ever do that, they will decrease the platin drop rate by a LOT, making sure non of the previous statements become true, thus resulting in the same cost-per-improvement as today.

They already reduced the total number of grains required to upgrade, so if you reaaaaally want the 0.5% increase in stats that gold jewels provide or the fashion they give to you, or you want the feeling of acomplishment by getting all your gear in legendary quality then you have to either:

1. Play a lot of PvE and get them by completing the hardest content in the game and therefore becoming good at it.
    2. Play a lot of PvP and get them by killing a lot of dudes and becoming good at it (or investing enough time) to get into the leaderboards.
    3. Farm a lot of mats, hence becoming good at farming, investing enough time and becoming good at it.
    4. Wait for the golden to bring the stuff you need, and becoming good at waiting in the process.

If you are not willing to invest time, effort, skill, teamework, etc. Into getting the legendary stuff... you really don't need it.
    Edited by Darkdex on August 6, 2018 1:41PM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Darkdex , I can't judge about points #2 and #3 properly, but the first point... Well, a lot of people run vet trials for leaderboard scores, that competitive aspect isn't going anywhere; besides, I feel that the trend should be towards making the gear the means to get better at vet content, not the goal of doing that content. In addition, there are ways to alleviate the disincentive the cheap jewelry upgrade would bring, and ZOS already uses it in latest trials - I mean the Perfected versions of sets that only drop on vet (and jewelry, on +2/+3 if memory serves, though I may be mistaken). Can make a ring gold, but can't get Perfected ring without running vet anyway.

That said, I would still be interested in doing things other way around and making gold jewelry actually worth it. I'd rather see transition to Legendary be a stat boost comparable to what golding out weapons provides. That wouldn't kill the current drive for vet content, but it would justify the grind somewhat, instead of keeping gold jewelry just a point of vanity.
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    @John_Falstaff Athough your statement is correct for the craglorn trials, people is still struggling with he DLC pre-summerset ones (vAS, vHoF,vMoL) at least on console (i'm on Xbox, so I don't know much about the completion rates in PC but i know they are higher), the leaderborad sometimes isn't even half-filled. And the golden jewels from those trials are (still) rare.

I like the new system where the perfected versions of sets drop from the hardest configuration of the trial, this is a meaningful way to incentivize running harder content, but golden jewels are also a good motivantion (from my perspective).

Maintaining the rarity of the items (without being extreme) is a good way to encourage people to try doing harder things, thats why I applaud the reduction of the total number of platings needed, without being "too easy" for people to get them.