The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Fair and Useful Change to SLOADS

chimneyswift_ESO
chimneyswift_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Everyone in PvP knows that the Sload's Semblance set is a problem (especially those who play Battlegrounds a lot like myself). I strongly believe that the upcoming changes to Sload's in Werewolf Hunter aren't going to fix the problem (making it dodge-able and a projectile). So below, I've come up with a fair and useful change for Sload's that I believe most players will agree with and hopefully the devs do as well.

ZOS has openly admitted that Sload's was designed to be the "anti-tank" set. By this I mean that they wanted it to be used and be effective against players who were super tanky and nearly un-killable in PvP. The oblivion damage this set provides surely does this, as oblivion damage cannot be mitigated by ANYTHING in the game. However, where I feel this falls WAY short is that this set affects everyone. It affects even the squishiest or most "glass-cannon" like of players as well, which to me seems to be over-stepping the design that was intended for the set. Why should those who are already easier to kill (ie. NOT pvp tanks that this set was designed for) be subjected to the unmitigated wrath of Oblivion Damage?

Here are some examples
Stam DK:
I main a Stam DK and play a lot of battlegrounds so I have a lot of experience here. I run 5 pieces of medium armor, have high mobility, and run 2H and Dual Wield. I mostly play Battlegrounds (no CP), and at times I find it near impossible to heal myself with Rally and Vigor due to a number of Sload procs on me from various players. I am not one of these "ultra tanky - hard to kill" players that Sload's was designed for, and what really frustrates me is when I save up 200 ultimate to use Corrosive Armor so I can hopefully get out of a bad situation...I still die to Sload's because Sload's ignores Corrosive Armor and chews right through my health anyways.

Other Classes:
Magicka Sorc: Sload's eats right through Magicka Sorc's shields. Making the change to Sload's I have listed below will solve this and allow Shield Breaker to be kept in check. Right now if someone runs Shield Breaker + Sload's it's practically game over for any Magicka Sorc.
Nightblades: I've never tested this out as I personally play my Nightblade as a healer, but I've seen reports of players saying Sload's brings them out of stealth.

Basically the point I'm trying to make here is that Sload's is overperforming, everyone knows this, and it's affecting far too many people above and beyond what this set was designed for. Making it a projectile and dodge-able next patch only favors the Stamina classes who can afford to role dodge more. Even as someone who main's a stamina class myself, I find this pretty unfair to magicka classes.

THE SOLUTION
Sload's Semlence
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(5 Items) Damaging an enemy that's blocking has a X% (put whatever % you want here ZOS) chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 980 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. Effect can occur every 6 seconds.

That's it. It's a simple change. You don't need to make it a projectile or dodgeable...just make it proc ONLY on targets that are blocking. Because the truth is, the players that are doing the most blocking are those that are the tankiest, and those that the design of this set is most likely to apply to. Instead, the way it is now and the way it will be in the next patch are such that it affects everybody...not just those who are "tanky." This change will allow players to design an "anti-tank" build using bleeds and Sload's -- rather than just an "anti-everyone" build like Sload's is now and will be in Update 19. Thank you for reading this, and I sincerely hope any devs who see this and agree with it can take this into consideration and make the necessary changes before Update 19 goes live.

@ZOS_Wrobel @Gilliamtherogue @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Ebonheart Pact
GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
Stam DK - Chimneyswift
NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
Templar - Milvela Volos
Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you start off with saying " Everyone in PvP knows that the Sload's Semblance set is a problem "
    that is false,
    you are not speaking for the entire community of eso, many people do not agree with you.

but, for me and my experience:
    i have never died to sloads, not even once.
    i have made sloads set and used it in pvp and it's damage is weak. i also tried to use it with other 5 piece sets like you mention here and people survive right through its damage, so i took it off.
    people hit me with sloads and i cast purge Once and its removed. (it is purgable)

in addition to all of that, the only people that i see complain about it are people that are trying to face tank and fight entire zergs or groups of people by themselves and it killed them.
    well i say to that:
    "so what, you should have died anyway because you are trying to solo kill groups of people like you are bruce lee, those types of builds should not exist because they are destroying the balance in pvp."

if you are able to kill 1, maybe 2 or ill even go as far as 3 solo then wow you did great and you got really lucky, but to be killing 5+ and more people solo and by yourself, then something is wrong with the game and the balance does not exist.

i dont wear sloads, but i can tell you as a fact it does not matter what people are wearing, if a group of people is attacking you then you should die, because thats alot of damage.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (5 Items) Damaging an enemy that's blocking has a X% (put whatever % you want here ZOS) chance to put a Leeching Shadow on them, dealing 980 Oblivion Damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. Effect can occur every 6 seconds.

Half of cyrodiil is hiding behind triple shieldstacks and does not bother to block.
    The other half is blinking in and out of invisibility while doing sommersaults in-between. You can guess how much blocking they are doing.

Be honest: would *you* equip a set that does nothing unless your target blocks?

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you start off with saying " Everyone in PvP knows that the Sload's Semblance set is a problem "
    that is false,
    you are not speaking for the entire community of eso, many people do not agree with you.

i have made sloads set and used it in pvp and it's damage is weak. i also tried to use it with other 5 piece sets like you mention here and people survive right through its damage, so i took it off.
    people hit me with sloads and i cast purge Once and its removed. (it is purgable)

in addition to all of that, the only people that i see complain about it are people that are trying to face tank and fight entire zergs or groups of people by themselves and it killed them.
    well i say to that:
    "so what, you should have died anyway because you are trying to solo kill groups of people like you are bruce lee, those types of builds should not exist because they are destroying the balance in pvp."

if you are able to kill 1, maybe 2 or ill even go as far as 3 solo then wow you did great and you got really lucky, but to be killing 5+ and more people solo and by yourself, then something is wrong with the game and the balance does not exist.

i dont wear sloads, but i can tell you as a fact it does not matter what people are wearing, if a group of people is attacking you then you should die, because thats alot of damage.

I heard this guy has been elected president of Zergtopia by landslide. I’ve never seen anyone on these forums consistently putting forth ideas only a PvP noob would suggest with such self righteousness.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 5, 2018 5:29PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the upcoming sloads change is pointless. They trade one no counter aspect for another. We need to transition back to the days of actual competitive counterplay.

Counterplay where when you died your recap was skills and not proc sets. Where when you reflect or absorbed a projectile it in fact reflected or absorb it. It wasn’t some projectile that ignored what a projectile is.

Zenimax devs have such a great opportunity every update to address these issues and just compound it more with skilless sets like sloads.

We need more counterplay and actual skill usuage. Not going back to the days of when proc sets could crit and eveyone used red mountain and viper.

Sloads is just as bad as when those sets could crit because it doesn’t need follow any rules set by other skills or ults.

Like stated above corrosive armor limits damage based off of health yet sloads ignores this and does its full dmg. Sloads will be a projectile soon which can’t be reflected or absorbed.

End the no counterplay era of eso and go back to when skills mattered and mistakes got you killed.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Half of cyrodiil is hiding behind triple shieldstacks and does not bother to block.
    The other half is blinking in and out of invisibility while doing sommersaults in-between. You can guess how much blocking they are doing.

No, I wouldn't. And that's kind of the point. It'd move Sloads from being used by an insane amount of people (again, I'm speaking on my experience in BGs cause it's running rampant there right now), to damn near very little people. This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game, except for some niche builds that are aimed at targeting the "ultra-tanky" as was it's design. I don't think Oblivion damage is good for ESO. There's no counter play to it and in order to have a balanced game all-around I think counter play needs to be reinforced at every turn. Otherwise things get out of hand.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I wouldn't. And that's kind of the point. It'd move Sloads from being used by an insane amount of people (again, I'm speaking on my experience in BGs cause it's running rampant there right now), to damn near very little people. This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game, except for some niche builds that are aimed at targeting the "ultra-tanky" as was it's design. I don't think Oblivion damage is good for ESO. There's no counter play to it and in order to have a balanced game all-around I think counter play needs to be reinforced at every turn. Otherwise things get out of hand.

You are talking to someone who believes that killing people in 7 seconds by light attacking is balanced. Dunno what you actually expect to get out of that conversation.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I wouldn't. And that's kind of the point. It'd move Sloads from being used by an insane amount of people (again, I'm speaking on my experience in BGs cause it's running rampant there right now), to damn near very little people. This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game

So basically, your aim is to create another set in ESO that noone uses. I think we already have enough of those.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks are already weak. Knightslayer already exists, bleeds exist, dots exist, unblockable CCs exist, AoEs exist. Just make sloads dot a buff so it can only stack once. Have shieldbreaker and knightslayer give the same unstackable buff. Name it major entropy.

Knightslayer does it on blocking targets.
    Shieldbreaker on shielding targets.
    Sloads on rolling targets.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sload's and Shield Breaker can't be "fixed" because Oblivion damage is an unbalanced abomination and has no place in PvP.

Oblivion damage should be reserved for dungeon/trial bosses and other special PvE mechanics. It should never be accessible to players.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Such wow, much amazing! You must be the most special of players. Where's your trophy? You deserve it. :|

Ever tried running Purge on a Stamina class, much less a Stam DK? Yeah...it'll leave you with damn near ZERO magicka left. Not a viable option.
    well i say to that:

You honestly completely missed the mark here dude. Nowhere in my original post did I say anything about trying to "face tank and fight entire zergs." If I was doing that Sload's would be the least of my problems. No, in fact I play mostly Battlegrounds (which I mentioned in my post if you actually read it). If you don't know what Battlegrounds is, it's 3 teams of 4 players each. So the "zerg" you claim I'm encountering...it's not there because I'm playing small-scale BGs. Sloads is a huge problem in BGs right now, for everyone. Not just tanks. Again, re-read and see my initial post please before you start making stuff up about how my complaints against an armor set are coming cause I'm trying to "face tank a zerg" lol
    Ebonheart Pact
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

• Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭

1. I don't think you are playing the same game as the rest of us... :|
    OR
    2. You are not pvp'ing.
    OR
    3. You are a ritual/purge spamming machine. (Not all classes have this luxury. And no, as a stam character, I am not going to slot 5k+ cost purge.)

I had a FULL death recap of sloads + oblivion damage yesterday, that I forgot to save, or I would have posted it here.
    So some people are not only wearing sloads, but their enchants or additional sets also have oblivion damage.

At least this event is over for me. So long BG's.
    Maybe when all the non-sloaders leave the BG"s, the sloaders will get tired of sending each other to oblivion. But...
    probably not. :D
    Edited by Omnia on August 5, 2018 6:25PM
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

No, I wouldn't. And that's kind of the point. It'd move Sloads from being used by an insane amount of people (again, I'm speaking on my experience in BGs cause it's running rampant there right now), to damn near very little people. This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game

So basically, your aim is to create another set in ESO that noone uses. I think we already have enough of those.

Yeah, if it involves the unbalanced and unmitigated Oblivion damage, yes. I'd love to see this set become, by your definition, "useless." Again, ESO PvP needs more counter play, less proc sets, and more skill usage as @Asgari said. Can't stress enough how much I agree with his post.

All I'm saying is if ZOS is going to keep the Sloads set in the game, making the changes I listed in the original post would inherently keep the armor set in check while allowing specific and niche builds to use it. There's plenty of viable armor sets out there, just like there are plenty of niche ones. Moving Sloads to more of a niche set wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if it involves the unbalanced and unmitigated Oblivion damage, yes. I'd love to see this set become, by your definition, "useless."

*looks at thread title*

*shakes head*

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is false,

well i say to that:

LOL
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people are missing what sloads does. It stacks with other people running it, and its ALWAYS 856 oblivion no matter what making it pretty much a healing debuff ontop of both defiles. The reason other dots arent healing debuffs is they can be mitigated and allow someone to heal them sloads is a dot that goes through all mitigation and deals the same damage to everyone.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, if it involves the unbalanced and unmitigated Oblivion damage, yes. I'd love to see this set become, by your definition, "useless."

*looks at thread title*

*shakes head*

*looks at person not understanding use of quotation mark and phrase "by Your definition"*

*shakes head*

Edited by Juhasow on August 6, 2018 12:08AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea, not too bad tbh :)
  • Ampnode
    Ampnode
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only really a problem when there's 2+ proc'd on you, which the occurrence of that has dwindled down to being rare.

The change you propose would indeed make the set useless and thrown into the pile of "never used" sets; however, the very change you propose would be more suited on a Monster set instead. Already you're sacrificing a 5 piece on something situational. With the proposed change it's sacrificing a 5 piece for something very situational.

With the set obeying line of sight and no longer being able to proc itself, I really don't think Sloads will be that much of a problem once the update hits next week.
    PC NA - CP640+

Characters:
    Amp - Magicka Nightblade
    Amp - Magicka Sorcerer
    Amp - Magicka Templar
    Amp - Stamina Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Templar
    Amp - Magicka Dragonknight
    Amp - Stamina Sorcerer
    Amp - Stamina Nightblade
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only decent fix is to stop multiple sload procs from stacking the amount of times I come across entire groups running sloads and they just put down ground aoe you roll through it take 5 sload procs at once is stupid
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is false,

Well atleast 99% then...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember folks... watch the sloads nerf threads next patch.. it’ll be cut in half by all the nightblades no longer whining and it’ll only be sorcs *grin*.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Remember folks... watch the sloads nerf threads next patch.. it’ll be cut in half by all the nightblades no longer whining and it’ll only be sorcs *grin*.
    Who was behind this obviously equally fair sloads change?
    5sbi1ydxzpkg.png

Inb4 ban.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, we don't have block counters??? WHAT?! My mind is blown. /s

Block has already been nerfed to death. Leave it alone. This is only further nerfing classes forced to block as defense. I mean, I don't get why bad NBs have anti-block crusade mentality. Yall got a free pass on Sload's already and that is somehow not enough.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, we don't have block counters??? WHAT?! My mind is blown. /s

Block has already been nerfed to death. Leave it alone. This is only further nerfing classes forced to block as defense. I mean, I don't get why bad NBs have anti-block crusade mentality. Yall got a free pass on Sload's already and that is somehow not enough.

Oh, I agree with you there. All I'm saying is rather than having a set in the game with unmitigated and unbalanced Oblivion damage, where it affects literally anyone and everyone, why not tailor the set more towards what ZOS admittedly intended the set to be: one to counter tanky/ "unkillable" players.

But I'm with you though on what you said.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

*looks at thread title*

*shakes head*

*looks at person not understanding use of quotation mark and phrase "by Your definition"*

*shakes head*

Except its not by my definition, but by his: "This change would effectively erase Sload's from the game".
    Written by the same person who made the thread title, where he call the change "fair" and "useful".

So take your patronising tone and shove it.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭

Ever tried running Purge on a Stamina class, much less a Stam DK? Yeah...it'll leave you with damn near ZERO magicka left. Not a viable option.

Major mending + heal (vigor/Rally) =
    No problem with sload.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except Sload isnt meant to be a counter to those builds. Wrobel said its suppose to counter tanks with high resistance but everyone except those tanks are hurt by Sload's on live servers. With the latest changes, any stamina build can avoid Sload's while magicka builds continue to suffer.

Oh and since its gonna be a slow projectile (without cast time), ranged builds wont be able to utilize Sload's like melee builds who have no distance problem
    Edited by Ankael07 on August 6, 2018 5:54AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is false,

well i say to that:

Read about 5-6 comments from this guy and I'm pretty sure this is wrobel writing from an alt. Can't think of anyone else that clueless about the status of pvp.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Camper wrote: »
    that is false,

well i say to that:

Read about 5-6 comments from this guy and I'm pretty sure this is wrobel writing from an alt. Can't think of anyone else that clueless about the status of pvp.

Now it all makes sense :trollface:
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    that is false,

well i say to that:

I heard this guy has been elected president of Zergtopia by landslide. I’ve never seen anyone on these forums consistently putting forth ideas only a PvP noob would suggest with such self righteousness.

If he's being sarcastic, then he is pretty damn good at it though.