Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magplar tank build for dungeons

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
Really want to make a templar tank that also heals the group so we can go 3 dps 1 tank, anyone have a build? I heard wardens are better for this role but templars just look cooler tbh, also would high elf work? I have a templar healer already and don't want to race change

Best Answers

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will need to be magic based tank in order for your heals to be worth thing and also run repentance skill for your own stamina and heals for the group. The other 3 dps will also need to have some self heals because at times you will be busy being a tank and cannot heal them in for vet dungeons.
    Answer ✓
  • fgulerneb18_ESO1
    if you like to heal group and tanking you should play as warden tank 100%
    Answer ✓
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    I tank on my magblade and it is very effective. I run this:
    Attributes - all magic
    Plague Doctor/Bloodthorn
    Tri-food
    If a random normal, I run Skoria for extra damage. If vet, I run earthgore.
    SnB front bar, Resto or Ice staff back bar depending on the groups self-heals.

I would think those sets would work just as well on a templar. In a normal dungeon, I'm usually 30%+ of the damage and 50%+ of the healing. In vet, my dps plummets but I usually maintain 30%+ of the healing (according to combat metrics).
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you absolutely MUST have:

Earthgore set (Bloodroot Forge; Horns of the Reach DLC)
    Extended Ritual (Restoring Light)
    Breath of Life (Restoring Light)
    Repentance (Restoring Light)

Other than that, you only need to worry about sustain.

Here is an example of such a build.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓