The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mag Sorc: Altmer or Dunmer?

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (Race Change)
    Dunmer master race! But... for magicka sorc Altmer is better (bigger bonus to shock damage).
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer (Race Change)
    If you want a high DPS mag-sorc, Altmer is generally best. That said, is really does depend on your build and your play style. Take a bit of time to review racial passives before you switch - you might find you want to switch back if you don't!
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer (Race Change)
    More Magika regen and more lightning damage
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a lizard so I can't but...

Lizard.
    54c.jpg
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »
    Well, Altmer is better then Dunmer because it's an AD race. If you want EP character the best idea is to just delete character. EP are toxic and overpopulated.

I've had Any Race, Any Alliance since the game came out.

Blood for the Pact, no matter what race I am
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pve dunmer and altmer are on a mag sorc about the same(Maybe dunmer even better now with the buff to light attacks).
    For PvP i would go with breton. (2th altmer but dunmer are also ok)

Thb i would not waste my money for a race change since dunmer are not a bad choice.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Hulda
    Hulda
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer (Race Change)
    Altmer for sure because worst magsorc weakness now is really bad sustain.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (Race Change)
    You are splitting hairs, but I believe purely based on passives, altmer is the (marginally) better choice. Dunmer is the master race of course, but that has nothing to do with racial passives. Haha
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ended up switching
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Current)
    Well, Dunmer are racially superior to all N’wahs, Altmer included.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Current)
    firedrgn wrote: »
    How can you ask this? Have you seen a Dunmer?

Dunmer are the most beautiful race in the series?
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My newest magSorc (formerly a stamSorc) is a Redguard because I want those Crowns for the Alinor Town House...
    On a similar note my main, a Redguard NB, has taken up magic instead of stam because reasons.
    While I might consider changing the Sorc to Altmer, I really don't want to change my Redguard. Sure, I could get her face similar to what she looks like now, but it wouldn't be identical and that's what puts me off. Not the fact that as a Redguard she'll never be 'meta'.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit ;)
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It actually depends on how much spell resist you already have, I guess. Either way the stamina (which I agree with you is more useful) is nice for rolling/blocking/etc.
    firedrgn wrote: »
    How can you ask this? Have you seen a Dunmer?

Dunmer are the most beautiful race in the series?

No they are one of the ugliest. Interesting culture though if a bit murderous and full of deceit and betrayal.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My newest magSorc (formerly a stamSorc) is a Redguard because I want those Crowns for the Alinor Town House...
    On a similar note my main, a Redguard NB, has taken up magic instead of stam because reasons.
    While I might consider changing the Sorc to Altmer, I really don't want to change my Redguard. Sure, I could get her face similar to what she looks like now, but it wouldn't be identical and that's what puts me off. Not the fact that as a Redguard she'll never be 'meta'.
    When you use a race change token, it keeps your character's appearance the exact same as it is and puts you in the character creator. Take screenshots of all of the sliders before you race change and recreate the exact same character as many times as you want. That's what I did with my Dunmer because I really liked the way he looked
    @LadyLethalla
    Edited by Valrien on August 3, 2018 5:32AM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    When you use a race change token, it keeps your character's appearance the exact same as it is and puts you in the character creator. Take screenshots of all of the sliders before you race change and recreate the exact same character as many times as you want. That's what I did with my Dunmer because I really liked the way he looked
    @LadyLethalla

@Valrien So... you're effectively saying it is possible for my Redguard to become an Altmer but keep the same face...? (I assume the ears would be different.) The only toon I've changed race on so far is Khajiit to Imperial and of course she wasn't going to look the same.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valrien wrote: »
    @LadyLethalla

@Valrien So... you're effectively saying it is possible for my Redguard to become an Altmer but keep the same face...? (I assume the ears would be different.) The only toon I've changed race on so far is Khajiit to Imperial and of course she wasn't going to look the same.

Yes, technically your facial proportions will stay the same but obviously your features will change depending on race. Altmer are still going to have an altmer face, etc, but your sliders will be the same. Which means if your character's sliders happen to look nice as an Altmer too you can keep those, and you can also just screenshot them and recreate your Redguard as another character.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc or Argonian
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im a dunmer stamina nightblade. i dont think uts worth to race change.