The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What Type of Templar Do You Enjoy Playing?

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an interesting poll.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - Explain In Comment
    Personally I have 4 Templars I play. One stamplar, Magplar, tank and healer.
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread helpful :)
    If I may ask , how I get my stamina over 10k?
    my current set rattlcage , wizard, skoria(last build was shackl,wizard ,skeleton , was better stamina)

• Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    One that works and isn't bugged to hell
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Playing a Stamplar on my first character was a mistake. He has been relegated to crafting daily writs.
    Edited by munster1404 on August 3, 2018 10:33AM
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish there was an option for an Unholy Servant of Hircine (PvE stamina Templar werewolf.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knight - Heavy Armor Tank (Dual Sword+Shield, Etc)
    Minno wrote: »
    Knight was the closest pick to what I was envisioning when I started the game. I don't view Knight the same way as you though, as they would just as likely be wielding a 2handed weapon like a greatsword or a polearm.

Yea I tried to categorize then as much as possible within the realm of elder scrolls lore.

For this the Knight protects and controls. Warriors are more damage oriented, according to my poll.

I guess I see them as the same guy just different gear. All of that being said my first forays into Templar were inspired by the Warrior/Crusader/Pilgrim/Knight. My main templar more or less falls into your Warrior stream right now but it would be nice if I could find myself actually enjoying playing him in the sword and board full tank role. I just don't see it though. Dragon Knight or Warden fill that role so much better it isn't even close. I wish this were not the case. I think theme goes against the grain on the way the #'s sort themselves out. I'm hopeful though that things will get better. Based on the notes from that class rep meeting with the stamina return from a few of those abilities and other such conversations I do think its possible we'll see a Templar Tank in the future that can chug along like we dream of them doing.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    Light Armor PvP MagPlar/Healplar with melee (2x 1H or SnB) and backbar Resto
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monk/Pilgrim - Medium Armor Melee or Bow Damage Dealer ( Melee, Bow and Dodge)
    I actually prefer medium armor with 2h/dual wield, but it wasn't listed so...
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warrior/Spellsword - Heavy Armor Melee Damage Dealer (Heavy Armor Melee Stamplar, Heavy Armor Melee Magplar, Etc)
    Avnr wrote: »
    Nice thread helpful :)
    If I may ask , how I get my stamina over 10k?
    my current set rattlcage , wizard, skoria(last build was shackl,wizard ,skeleton , was better stamina)

Tri food or tri enchants.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knight was the closest pick to what I was envisioning when I started the game. I don't view Knight the same way as you though, as they would just as likely be wielding a 2handed weapon like a greatsword or a polearm.

Yea I tried to categorize then as much as possible within the realm of elder scrolls lore.

For this the Knight protects and controls. Warriors are more damage oriented, according to my poll.

I guess I see them as the same guy just different gear. All of that being said my first forays into Templar were inspired by the Warrior/Crusader/Pilgrim/Knight. My main templar more or less falls into your Warrior stream right now but it would be nice if I could find myself actually enjoying playing him in the sword and board full tank role. I just don't see it though. Dragon Knight or Warden fill that role so much better it isn't even close. I wish this were not the case. I think theme goes against the grain on the way the #'s sort themselves out. I'm hopeful though that things will get better. Based on the notes from that class rep meeting with the stamina return from a few of those abilities and other such conversations I do think its possible we'll see a Templar Tank in the future that can chug along like we dream of them doing.

Yea they kinda are the same thing but different gear.

Elder scrolls historically has issues combining "play your own class" with class based systems. So I tried to be as vague and specific at the same time as possible for this poll.

I wish there was a way to redo the poll without starting a new thread :\
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knight - Heavy Armor Tank (Dual Sword+Shield, Etc)
    One of the more thoughtful polls I've seen around here, @Minno - awesome!

I'm not sure my templar quite fits into the niches you created, but I picked the one that was closest. He is my main tank, so when venturing into dungeons he is in full heavy armor. His weapon choices don't quite fit what you describe - he uses a maul along with a mace and shield. When doing his own adventuring, however, he'll usually shift so something closer to your "archer" archetype. Medium armor with a couple pieces of heavy, his maul, and his bow.

Eventually I plan to do a magicka-based templar. I'm still working on his (or her) character concept.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cleric/Crusader - Heavy Armor Healer (Healbot, Blockbots, Etc)
    Frost Priest/Paladin tank :blush:

I also have a DW/2H build that I call a Blademaster, being a Redguard and manifesting a Shehai in spear form :sweat_smile:
    Edited by DoonerSeraph on August 4, 2018 1:29PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    One of the more thoughtful polls I've seen around here, @Minno - awesome!

I'm not sure my templar quite fits into the niches you created, but I picked the one that was closest. He is my main tank, so when venturing into dungeons he is in full heavy armor. His weapon choices don't quite fit what you describe - he uses a maul along with a mace and shield. When doing his own adventuring, however, he'll usually shift so something closer to your "archer" archetype. Medium armor with a couple pieces of heavy, his maul, and his bow.

Eventually I plan to do a magicka-based templar. I'm still working on his (or her) character concept.

Thanks!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrior/Spellsword - Heavy Armor Melee Damage Dealer (Heavy Armor Melee Stamplar, Heavy Armor Melee Magplar, Etc)
    Where the *** is PALADIN
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caster Priest/Mage/Healer - Light Armor Rangeplar or Healer (Dual staffs, Destro Abilities, Etc)
    I'd like nothing better than to play as a sun mage caster, but the kit just isn't there. ZOS, like you, lumps this in with healers, and they really really really really really don't want healers to be able to do mage levels of damage. So I play a light armor debuffer/healbot/AP pinata for a while, then give it up again.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like healing while damaging and caster centered misc "light" (damage or healing) over time auras. ideally we'd have something like a dk's foo/cauterize, but instead of single target burst, overtime and aoe
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Where the *** is PALADIN

There are no paladins in elder scrolls
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where the *** is PALADIN

Are you sure about that?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    this poll is irrelevant
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes heavy bow 2hand. Lately medium 1h shield and 2h maining 1h and shield fur durability and other defensive options. Sometimes go all in damage with 2h main with bow back like my heavy armor. It’s a bit squishy but can surprise some people. Always ravager and shackle breaker, bow will run agility. Can use bow for speed and use pots on the full melee. Like Bloodspawn for some recovery and I want that ultimate

And I run werewolf front bar for extra recovery and sometimes use it but mostly want to use DBOS.

Magplar is rare any more because I don’t want to run vamp for mist form.
    Edited by technohic on August 5, 2018 12:25AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Where the *** is PALADIN

Are you sure about that?

Didn't they all get killed and this is the last guy left? ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual