Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Feedback and Bug Report: Grand Psijic Villa

Earrindo
Earrindo
✭✭✭✭✭
Twice now I have seen that problems in this house have been fixed, yet the problems I have been /bug reporting for 2 weeks remain.
First though is the feedback:
It seems they have now added 9 (Nine?!) new empty bookcases to the North tower room. That makes 12 total HUGE empty bookcases. Previously, I had overlaid 3 of the Full versions of the bookcase on top of the empty ones. But now it requires not just 3 items, but 12, in a house already difficult to decorate within the item limit.
There are two options here. Either make these 12 massive bookcases full and static, or leave them empty but make them removable. Add the empty bookcase to the crown store and have those 12 bookcases come with the house if you purchase it furnished.
But please, don't release this house with a literal great wall of empty shelves that necessitate using precious item slots to either fill, or hide.

Now the bugs.
The doorways into each of the towers have some major gaps. As you face each tower door from the main hall, there is a very large gap between where the trim of the wall ends, and the doorway arch begins. In each case it is the side of the arch closest to the stairway.
The South tower suffers an additional geometry problem on the inside of the tower. The arch of the doorway doesnt line up with the wall above/to the sides of it. The plane of the wall appears to be floating above the surface of the arch, and if you stand in the doorway and look up, you can see right through to the void outside the interior.
The final problem is in the small room that connects to the North Suite. The floor that furnishings rest on is below the level of the visual floor. This results in the bottom of any furnishing placed cutting off and sinking into the visual floor. I guess with tables or shelves it is manageable, but chairs are not always usable when made to float as far off the "floor" as they need to be so the bottom isnt cut off.

I love this house, but bugs and problems like these really need to be addressed before it gets put up for sale.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thanks for feedback, let me pass this information along.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the pass along Tasear, but despite the patch notes, all the previously mentioned bugs are still present in the Villa.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this so presume it came about after the latest patch. Is this, to the right of the zone entrance, intentional?

cdrzdpwhhwf3.png
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I appreciate the pass along Tasear, but despite the patch notes, all the previously mentioned bugs are still present in the Villa.

Take some pictures of issue and if possible highlight what you mean.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed this so presume it came about after the latest patch. Is this, to the right of the zone entrance, intentional?

cdrzdpwhhwf3.png

Hello me understand what you are indicating.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What towers anyway ? There are none, at least none of the ones I have seen so far can be entered.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

cdrzdpwhhwf3.png

Hello me understand what you are indicating.

Hi Tasear

There used to be a flight of stairs there. Now there is just just a big space which, frankly, looks unfinished with textures wrapping around the ground oddly. The platform at the back is no longer connected to anything. None of it now feels like it is in keeping with the rest of the Villa. Something is missing here as we have been left with foundations.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough!
    Here are the issues with the tower doorways, ive included a map as well. The small circle is the archway with only the gap on the outside, the larger circle is the archway with the gap AND with the misaligned wall on the inside.
    mX525ZV.jpg
    This is the archway with just the exterior gap (at the small circle on the map)
    0OplsZq.jpg
    This is the more problematic archway, marked with the large circle on the map
    dqGJaLA.jpg
    9SrJIa4.jpg
    this archway also has the same gap problem as the first, plus an additional bit of trim that goes too far into the arch
    DAGfR3y.jpg
    eREfOoc.jpg

Next, the problem with the floor in the antechamber of the North Suite. The only thing I could think to do was show a comparison shot of where furniture sits when surface drag is on, vs where the bottom of the furnishing should actually sit. A map is included here as well. The entire circled room suffers this problem, but nowhere else in the suite.
    qyKNzu2.jpg
    0lXX6Zb.jpg

I also figured I would post more demonstrative images of the problem Holmarion19 mentioned. Including a map with the missing staircase circled.
    uyhuAmN.jpg
    Apologies for the crude drawing, but this is a vaguely accurate overlay of the missing architecture.
    pVwbZzV.jpg
    And the other side of the entrance, where the staircase remains intact, though if memory serves the missing staircase is not quite the same configuration...
    xhtRDR1.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Tasear
    Please, make sure these things get tended to before release. This new problem with the missing staircase next to the entrance is especially troubling, and really diminishes the feeling of the entrance.

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This house is so pretty. Too bad about item limits and no wayshrines to get out of houses without going through 2 load screens to get where you want to go.

I would like to buy it, I just don't want to live in an empty house that I can't leave.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know the time frame this House will be available. My Sub renews in August and my re-up will determine if I get the Empty or furnished version of this Place.

Also, what price is expected for furnished and unfurnished versions once it goes live?

Also, for homes this large, is their anyway ZOS could add a feature to grant permission to decorate by room and deny permission by room as well?

Also maybe a guild share for item slots if you can't increase individual slots? Assign certain members rooms to decorate and use their item slots in. Or once donated, items belong to the guild rather than the individual with an increase in slots available, kind of like guild banks.
    Edited by Casdha on August 7, 2018 6:09PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough!
    Here are the issues with the tower doorways, ive included a map as well. The small circle is the archway with only the gap on the outside, the larger circle is the archway with the gap AND with the misaligned wall on the inside.
    mX525ZV.jpg
    This is the archway with just the exterior gap (at the small circle on the map)
    0OplsZq.jpg
    This is the more problematic archway, marked with the large circle on the map
    dqGJaLA.jpg
    9SrJIa4.jpg
    this archway also has the same gap problem as the first, plus an additional bit of trim that goes too far into the arch
    DAGfR3y.jpg
    eREfOoc.jpg

Next, the problem with the floor in the antechamber of the North Suite. The only thing I could think to do was show a comparison shot of where furniture sits when surface drag is on, vs where the bottom of the furnishing should actually sit. A map is included here as well. The entire circled room suffers this problem, but nowhere else in the suite.
    qyKNzu2.jpg
    0lXX6Zb.jpg

I also figured I would post more demonstrative images of the problem Holmarion19 mentioned. Including a map with the missing staircase circled.
    uyhuAmN.jpg
    Apologies for the crude drawing, but this is a vaguely accurate overlay of the missing architecture.
    pVwbZzV.jpg
    And the other side of the entrance, where the staircase remains intact, though if memory serves the missing staircase is not quite the same configuration...
    xhtRDR1.jpg

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Tasear
    Please, make sure these things get tended to before release. This new problem with the missing staircase next to the entrance is especially troubling, and really diminishes the feeling of the entrance.

Thanks for information, will pass it along.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the PTS hasn't been updated with the latest patch yet, I checked out the Villa on live.
    First off; Thank You! For listening to my feedback on the bookcases. On live there are no more empty bookcases. This is awesome and really will help when I eventually get to decorate it on live.

Secondly; the staircase outside to the right of the entrance is back! Also great

Thirdly; the problems with those doorways and the floor in the North Suite are all still present. Please refer to my screenshots and maps, all the graphical bugs with the trim not joining up with the frame and the entire wall floating away are still there on live.
    Please can this be addressed before the house goes up for sale? Since the whole Earthtear fiasco, I suspect that once a house goes on sale it will never get any fixes even if they are necessary.
    So please, @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can these fixes get made before the Villa is put on sale?
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    WTF, theres a large empty section where the stairs used to be, and it looks like someone deleted it. Can you put the stairs back in because it was better that way imo because it matched the other side. lc7m2yqqbei4.png
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaelen wrote: »
    WTF, theres a large empty section where the stairs used to be, and it looks like someone deleted it. Can you put the stairs back in because it was better that way imo because it matched the other side. lc7m2yqqbei4.png

They fixed this already on live, the PTS hasn't received the Wolfhunter launch update yet.
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    Also I like a grand library fit for a king, but how the hell am I supposed to fill them all up? Why not just use the filled versions or give us the ability to add in books easily from the ground?
    epbkikygfdam.png
    Edited by Vaelen on August 21, 2018 5:57AM
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    And it would be nice if those towers were accessible somehow, maybe add a doorway by the waterfall or a stairway leading up there? That would be cool and I think alot of players would want it too.
    1fbuqf3cbaab.png

Edited by Vaelen on August 21, 2018 6:14AM
  • Vaelen
    Vaelen
    ✭✭✭
    And it would be nice if those towers were accessible somehow, maybe add a doorway by the waterfall or a stairway leading up there? That would be cool and I think alot of players would want it too.
    1fbuqf3cbaab.png

I had another idea, why not add a subterranean secret passageway one by each of the two side waterfalls leading up to the towers and maybe into the antechamber too? If the devs could add that too, it would justify the Psijic Grand Villa a 20k Crown store item.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I like a grand library fit for a king, but how the hell am I supposed to fill them all up? Why not just use the filled versions or give us the ability to add in books easily from the ground?
    epbkikygfdam.png

Those bookcases are also gone on live, as per my feedback
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the idea of this huge "house"!

Unfortunately the current limitations of the game make this house unattractive for me and many other players.

One issue is the item limit compared to the huge potential of this place. You can put 10 houses inside this one.

My main suggestion with this Villa is to have upgradable areas, such as the empty bookcases. The areas could be upgraded to different themes using gold, vouchers or crowns.

Many people want bookcases and shelves with all sorts of clutter. Some want books, others want alchemy or magical stuff like vials, gems, scrolls, powders whatever. Others want necromancer stuff. Because the house is so large, you can create these themed upgrades, and save a lot of item space.

I could imagine a lot of upgradable areas, like gardens, crafting sheds, main hall areas, and so on. But you get the idea.

An other suggestion is to add a wayshrine or some way of traveling directly from this house. It is a Psijic house after all. So can we please have a gold glowing rift that will work like a wayshrine?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another patch on live, and still the problems with the tower entrances persist.

Please, refer to the screenshots I posted earlier regarding the archway entrances to each of the round tower rooms. The problems I mentioned are still there, as well as the issue with the floor in the side room off the North Suite, also shown in the screenshots I posted.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please forward these issues so they can be addressed before release!
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those bookcases being removed is awesome! That was my biggest complaint with the house. Now I'm excited for it to go on sale!