Jesus beam

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anybody on pts provide any feedback if this skill will be once again worth slotting or not?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crap.
    Options
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure in some pve scenarios it works. In wvw if you face tower monkeys or just tree huggers it basically is just self stun.
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to increase the damage by simply making radient oppression fire dmg instead of “holy fire”
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    They need to increase the damage by simply making radient oppression fire dmg instead of “holy fire”

And how would that increase the damage ?
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magica templers are kill stealing all my kills in bgs!!!!!!

Too Soon?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »

Too Soon?

It's a lot easier for a magSorcerer to steal kills, since they can just put their execute on someone and let it do its thing all on its own while they're still attacking you.

Radiant Oppression can be line-of-sighted, purged, and cloaked, and the casting Templar can't do anything else while using it. And it's interruptible.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They succeeded in forcing it into PvE. The skill is just crap, but because you don't really have anything better you still probably want to play it. Or switch to Magblade if you can, Impale does more damage while being instant cast, so much for balancing.
    Edited by FakeFox on July 28, 2018 10:53AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the change. It hits so much harder on the PTS.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Too Soon?

It's a lot easier for a magSorcerer to steal kills, since they can just put their execute on someone and let it do its thing all on its own while they're still attacking you.

Radiant Oppression can be line-of-sighted, purged, and cloaked, and the casting Templar can't do anything else while using it. And it's interruptible.

Not sure if you got the joke.

But a little reminder why jBeam was nerfed quite often was that getting beamed and getting a little low was a dead sentence(early days of jbeam spam from whole templer armies).
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, if tons of people hit you with anything it should be dangerous, there are things rn that one person can do in a second vs a 3s channel that aren't survivable at all for certain builds
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

More access to burning status, 25% more dmg to undead, more BSW uptime, 4% more dmg on high elves and 7% more on dunmer..
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on July 30, 2018 2:49PM
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More access to burning status, 25% more dmg to undead, more BSW uptime, 4% more dmg on high elves and 7% more on dunmer..

Don't use BSW, I get 4% as a high elf from it already burning status isn't a always going to happen,

I feel like maybe you would like it if all class abities for all characters do same type of damage and we all just run one set, granted it would be easy to balance but boring to play

Kudos for at least thinking about a change for the better ... But not the one I think would be best
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Too Soon?

But a little reminder why jBeam was nerfed quite often was that getting beamed and getting a little low was a dead sentence(early days of jbeam spam from whole templer armies).

And this is PVP Jesus Beam in Summerset. With a buff it will probably continue to be good for psychological terror but I doubt the zergplars will be too painful. :D Hopefully they found a balance where it's decent in PVE.

UA5kkLq.png
    Options
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Too Soon?

And this is PVP Jesus Beam in Summerset. With a buff it will probably continue to be good for psychological terror but I doubt the zergplars will be too painful. :D Hopefully they found a balance where it's decent in PVE.

UA5kkLq.png

Why I'm not surprised that we have the sorc ability hitting like a truck....
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
    Options
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff jesus beam damage more so it can be on par with other exe that can be weave with LA, but nerf it range down to 12m so it cannot be use behind the zerg to stop the pvp crying (so they can focus on crying about the 28m sorc exe instead).
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vesper_BR wrote: »

Too Soon?

UA5kkLq.png

Why I'm not surprised that we have the sorc ability hitting like a truck....

Eh, I was getting zerged. And obviously dying. It happens. 6k isn't that much except when it's a preloaded unavoidable execute.
    Options
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Buffing Jesus Beam damage so it's usable is great but make it scale to health when cast instead of actively scaling so you don't have an issue with full health beam spam. Use it like it's intended...to execute.
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
    Options
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭

Too Soon?

UA5kkLq.png

Woah I'm confused. Totally off topic but that tip about Mark Target. Does it reduce your armor as well as theirs? I know it does on theirs, but I thought that the self debuff was removed a super long time ago. Maybe I'm just nuts...
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
      Options
    • UppGRAYxDD
      UppGRAYxDD
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't use BSW, I get 4% as a high elf from it already burning status isn't a always going to happen,

I feel like maybe you would like it if all class abities for all characters do same type of damage and we all just run one set, granted it would be easy to balance but boring to play

Kudos for at least thinking about a change for the better ... But not the one I think would be best

Huh? I think you are missing the point. And no I’m against homogenization of the classes. The facts are: DKs have access to fire or poison, sorcs lightning, wardens frost, NBs disease, Templars magic (1 fire ability no ultimate). Now to bring Templars up to par either magic dmg should get a status effect( probably would be broken), or gain more access to fire dmg. I just never got why dawns wrath abilities were magic and not fire. Now considering balance issues, imo jbeam and solar barrage should both be changed to fire dmg to bring magplar pve/PvP more in line with other counterparts.
      Options
    • danno8
      danno8
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Too Soon?

UA5kkLq.png

Woah I'm confused. Totally off topic but that tip about Mark Target. Does it reduce your armor as well as theirs? I know it does on theirs, but I thought that the self debuff was removed a super long time ago. Maybe I'm just nuts...

Just another "hint" that was never updated.

They removed the stun from Blazing Spear/Luminous Shards a year ago, and I still get told to use the skill "to even the odds".
      Options
    • Jsmalls
      Jsmalls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I was talking to my other friends that play this about this.

Does no one remember the freaking Mag Templar mobs that spammed radiant until someone else got you to 40% health and you instantly sizzled.

Idk about other players but running into a group of MagPlars is one of the biggest pains in this game to date. And when you permanently have Radiant destruction being cast on your character you'll remember why it got nerfed so many patches ago.

What are they going to do next rebuff all the proc sets and give them another go around?

New meta ready.

12 man Templar group with a couple of stamina NBs, Templars will have 2 bloodthirsty on (might only need one) they'll cast radiant on someone, the NB will incap and the player will drop dead from a 10k radiant destruction tick instantly.

God I hated this meta and I cannot believe they are bringing it back.

Glad I have a Magplar leveled.
      Options
    • Qbiken
      Qbiken
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jsmalls wrote: »

Does no one remember the freaking Mag Templar mobs that spammed radiant until someone else got you to 40% health and you instantly sizzled.

Idk about other players but running into a group of MagPlars is one of the biggest pains in this game to date. And when you permanently have Radiant destruction being cast on your character you'll remember why it got nerfed so many patches ago.

What are they going to do next rebuff all the proc sets and give them another go around?

New meta ready.

12 man Templar group with a couple of stamina NBs, Templars will have 2 bloodthirsty on (might only need one) they'll cast radiant on someone, the NB will incap and the player will drop dead from a 10k radiant destruction tick instantly.

Those nerf-threads about "rAdIaNt iS oP" is one of the most ridiculous times of ESO. Jesus Beam was never OP and reducing its damage by 21% was never justified. I´m glad ZOS is giving jesus beam some attention again.
      Options
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

+ most important: 10% more if "Engulfing Flames" (DK) is active on the target...which usually should be the case in pve.

The 4% bonus to elemental damage from highelves does nothing for radiant destruction/glory.

Edited by Destruent on August 3, 2018 3:42PM
      Noobplar
      Options
    • Jsmalls
      Jsmalls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Qbiken wrote: »
      Jsmalls wrote: »

New meta ready.

Those nerf-threads about "rAdIaNt iS oP" is one of the most ridiculous times of ESO. Jesus Beam was never OP and reducing its damage by 21% was never justified. I´m glad ZOS is giving jesus beam some attention again.

@Qbiken

Radiant destruction was the fotm back then for a reason. History will repeat itself. And I'll be right there with everyone else abusing it, because it's ridiculously funny how OP it was before (with the potential to be even stronger this patch with bloodthirsty).

It's not like Zos drew a ticket out of a hat and said Radiant destruction nerf it is. There was a solid reason behind it (21% was a bit much but that's what the Zergs of Fotm MagPlars deserved at the rate they abused it).

Pretty sure I still have screenshots of all the Radiants put on me by 6 different Templars :smiley:
      Edited by Jsmalls on August 3, 2018 4:48PM
      Options
    • Anazasi
      Anazasi
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh come on make it oblivion damage
      Options
    • Destruent
      Destruent
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Anazasi wrote: »

Oh come on make it oblivion damage

dont-know-if-serious-or-trolling.jpg
      Noobplar
      Options
    • Anazasi
      Anazasi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      First off look at the damage example. The OP is using radiant glory. Yeah there is no damage bonuses because it heals the caster. Come on if we want to talk about RO lets get some real numbers from a morphed Magplar with a dps build. I should add lets make sure the target is under 50% health before they start the channel. Lets not forget they increased it from 330% to 400% on PTS and that 20% extra damage based on current magic pool is nothing to ignore.

I'm just wondering at this point if the picture of the death recap came before the execute threshold or not.

All of the templars that have been in the game since launch and went through the multitude of nerfs on this one ability really care anymore.
      Options
    • Tremors
      Tremors
      ✭✭✭
      Yes the skill is good again. It carries magplars damage BIG TIME in pve. I’ve hit as high as 78k ticks on PTS solo. Look at beaming from 30-35 depending where your dots fall and the key is to be at as high magicka as possible.
      Edited by Tremors on August 4, 2018 10:47AM
      Passionfruit GM - PC NA
      Godslayer | Dawnbringer
      Options
    • kojou
      kojou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Huh? I think you are missing the point. And no I’m against homogenization of the classes. The facts are: DKs have access to fire or poison, sorcs lightning, wardens frost, NBs disease, Templars magic (1 fire ability no ultimate). Now to bring Templars up to par either magic dmg should get a status effect( probably would be broken), or gain more access to fire dmg. I just never got why dawns wrath abilities were magic and not fire. Now considering balance issues, imo jbeam and solar barrage should both be changed to fire dmg to bring magplar pve/PvP more in line with other counterparts.

Magicka Nightblades and Wardens also do magic damage...

My personal opinion is that the type of staff you are using should determine the type of damage you do for Magicka abilities, but the game wasn't designed around that and it would be a huge change to do it now.
      Playing since beta...
      Options