The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

AHEM*. So where is the new Banker and Merchant?

max_only
max_only
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
DGEoPl3.gif

Its been two long years.

The original thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289130/no-no-no/p1

New banker
gp_crwn_utility_portablebankerpremium_1x1.jpg

I need this Imperial for ... reasons.

New merchant
gp_crwn_utility_portablemerchpremium_1x1.jpg

A certified ZOS Reply: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3356002/#Comment_3356002

They are just a cosmetic difference, these assistants don’t have greater functionality.

200.gif
Edited by max_only on August 2, 2018 8:54PM
#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
#OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
|| CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From....
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.
    ah, so they will cost more?
    Runs wrote: »
    What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my merchant to repair my gear on the go. Cant give me that then I dont want cosmetic crap.

Regret buying my merchant because she cant repair my gear......oh well, she can collect dust in my collectibles
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    I want my merchant to repair my gear on the go. Cant give me that then I dont want cosmetic crap.

Regret buying my merchant because she cant repair my gear......oh well, she can collect dust in my collectibles

If you want gear repair on the go, should've went with the banker.
    What I do is stuff my bank with repair kits, then when I need to repair I summon my banker. My inventory gets full, I summon the merchant.
    It's a win/win for me.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From....
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.
    ah, so they will cost more?
    What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)

I'd pay for an upgrade (whatever the difference is between them and the original) if they decided to give them extra functionality.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, its already 5k crowns. If another banker has actual utility functionality better, than its unfair. Things like customizing it would be fine.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd feel cheated if they added new assistants with more functions than the ones we already bought for 5k crowns, unless they provide an upgrade option that doesn't cost more than <price of new assistant> minus 5k.
    If the difference is purely cosmetic I'd prefer polymorphs and costumes for the assistants we already have over completely new assistants.
  • AdicusDio
    AdicusDio
    ✭✭✭
    They add "better" homes all the time for ludicrous real world money, so how is a "better" merchant/banker any different?

They should split the difference.

Premium = same as the game counterparts which would be repairs, access to guild banking/buying/selling, etc.. and new VO/models and maybe cyro spawning inside home keeps that are not under attack (similar to how siege merchants inside keeps can only be interacted with under calm instances), along with what's added below for normal.

Normal = Allowing us to either reskin/dress them with whatever we already have (polymorphs, etc.) unlocked OR allowing us to just alter their outfits including color changes but they stay the same model/VO otherwise (so they'd grunt if you turned them into a skeleton polymorph but no new dialog/VO). Either with what we have on hand or can craft (i.e. a level 1 cheap set that looks good, it becomes "theirs" once equipped) or more than likely, what gets offered in the store i.e. outfits.

As mentioned already, repair kits (you can technically sell them to the merchant and buy-back whenever so long as you don't sell more) can be banked or added to inventory and the only truly missing option is guild store stuff. Merchant is most useful as she can buy junk, but not useful if you never loot.

While they are at it, they could make the fence assistant more useful. The days of worrying about people stealing and instantly selling to her should be long gone (just lower her cap of what she can buy/launder), as well as her 35% cut which is ridiculous.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their all a ripoff. Im happy to wait 30 seconds traveling to town.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing data mined exists until it's patch notes or in the store.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    If you're solo, that's your choice.. but I and 2-10 others are not happy to wait for a groupmate in the middle of a dungeon or trial, because all of a sudden his inventory is full.
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    If you're solo, that's your choice.. but I and 2-10 others are not happy to wait for a groupmate in the middle of a dungeon or trial, because all of a sudden his inventory is full.

If 2-10 players can't wait for someone to tp to town and tp back they must have those merchant and banker. I can ask them for the npc's. If no one has any of the npc's they must be sharing the same mindset I have, so they can wait.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want him for my home. I don’t know how many times I’d use him in the wild :p maybe if I’m feeling particularly needy o:)

""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Elfbetta as banker AND merchat. Some kind of personal assistant. In fact, that's what she was. And given her master is sealed inside a tomb... she's free for hire.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furthermore I’d like Dwemer/Clockwork assistants

an echelette bank and goblin merchant

A “portal” bank and a scamp merchant

And a pair for each race in Tamriel in case your house needs to stick to a theme.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They need a way for us to populate these homes with npc's. its nice when players are there but it would be nice for the general scenery of some places to have people in them.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Nah, its already 5k crowns. If another banker has actual utility functionality better, than its unfair. Things like customizing it would be fine.

I totally disagree. I spent the 5k crowns, too, but I don't want ZOS to use that as an excuse to never give us anything better. The assistants came out ages ago. It's time for an upgrade.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love additional functionality on merchant/banker (actually function like others do), be worth the 5k crowns each then.

Side question, is it 'ehem' or 'ahem'?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    I'd love additional functionality on merchant/banker (actually function like others do), be worth the 5k crowns each then.

Side question, is it 'ehem' or 'ahem'?

Shush you... it’s “ehem” with my accent. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to eet.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭

It is advertised properly, it doesn't have hidden costs, there is a free alternative in the game. How is that a rip off?
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdicusDio wrote: »
    They add "better" homes all the time for ludicrous real world money, so how is a "better" merchant/banker any different?

They should split the difference.

Premium = same as the game counterparts which would be repairs, access to guild banking/buying/selling, etc.. and new VO/models and maybe cyro spawning inside home keeps that are not under attack (similar to how siege merchants inside keeps can only be interacted with under calm instances), along with what's added below for normal.

Normal = Allowing us to either reskin/dress them with whatever we already have (polymorphs, etc.) unlocked OR allowing us to just alter their outfits including color changes but they stay the same model/VO otherwise (so they'd grunt if you turned them into a skeleton polymorph but no new dialog/VO). Either with what we have on hand or can craft (i.e. a level 1 cheap set that looks good, it becomes "theirs" once equipped) or more than likely, what gets offered in the store i.e. outfits.

As mentioned already, repair kits (you can technically sell them to the merchant and buy-back whenever so long as you don't sell more) can be banked or added to inventory and the only truly missing option is guild store stuff. Merchant is most useful as she can buy junk, but not useful if you never loot.

While they are at it, they could make the fence assistant more useful. The days of worrying about people stealing and instantly selling to her should be long gone (just lower her cap of what she can buy/launder), as well as her 35% cut which is ridiculous.

ZOS said there would be new homes added each patch when Homestead came out. You know they're coming, so you can save your money accordingly.

There was never any indication that the assistants in the store would become obsolete.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 27, 2018 6:05AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

30 second load screens in ESO? :lol:

Their main value for me is placing them in my house. Having banker, merchant, and all crafting stations right next to my house entrance is more convenient than any town. The only time I ever need to enter a town is if I need to list something on guild traders.

Porting to Rawl'kha or Vivec City in prime time can take an eternity as the game cycles you from instance to instance looking for space (and if all the instances are full, get ready for a kick to the login screen!). And if you go to a less populated town (there is a reason they're less populated), you'll spend all day running between crafting stations and assistants because they're all over the place.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 27, 2018 6:12AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need a way for us to populate these homes with npc's. its nice when players are there but it would be nice for the general scenery of some places to have people in them.

Well, here's a thought. Let us stick our alts in our homes, with a system where they're visible when we're not logged in on that character.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If new merchant/banker comes out with better functions I am gonna be really pissed because I already spend 10k crown on buying the ones on live.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What I would suggest to make this fair and not *** people off would be giving those who already have the current assistants a token that would cost the difference of money the new assistants cost (for example old merchant is 5k, new would be 7k, token cost 2k) and this token would allow us to exchange our old assistant for the new one or change its skin. Only people owning old assistant would be allowed to buy the token. Thats I think best way to go about it. Unless the plan was to give it to people as loyalty reward or something, now that would be cool too.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If new merchant/banker comes out with better functions I am gonna be really pissed because I already spend 10k crown on buying the ones on live.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom What I would suggest to make this fair and not *** people off would be giving those who already have the current assistants a token that would cost the difference of money the new assistants cost (for example old merchant is 5k, new would be 7k, token cost 2k) and this token would allow us to exchange our old assistant for the new one or change its skin. Only people owning old assistant would be allowed to buy the token. Thats I think best way to go about it. Unless the plan was to give it to people as loyalty reward or something, now that would be cool too.

The new assistants won’t have better functions. It says that in first and second post.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are it, can we now ask for a
    stablehand horse trainer for our homes?
    Crafting writs boards...hell why not a turn in spot too.
    a bard...
    Non static animals, that fit the theme of the place, so scurrying skeetatrons in Observatory, rats birds and stuff outside
    a stuffy noble trying to get to he cloud district.....to use as a target dummy

Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a Khajiit banker and merchant. We should be able to have NPCs from each of the races. It's really odd to go to the Summerset crafting area and see over a dozen Titus Andromedons Tythis Andromos all standing near each other.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chamran Knebter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVRQK58jrbw

Be careful what you ask for, Merchant Bankers are notoriously stingy and out of touch with humanity.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want Elfbetta as banker AND merchat. Some kind of personal assistant. In fact, that's what she was. And given her master is sealed inside a tomb... she's free for hire.

That voice actress is fantastic!

I’d probably pay 10K crowns. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

There's always the gazillion traveling merchants that are wondering around Tamriel. Just walk up to one of them and repair your gear.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    New banker
    gp_crwn_utility_portablebankerpremium_1x1.jpg

I need this Imperial for ... reasons.

New merchant
    gp_crwn_utility_portablemerchpremium_1x1.jpg

Could we switch around the appearances so as to have a female banker pls?
    Currently having the Dunmer dude living in my homes has me using the headcanon that he is a Eunuch
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.