The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Introduction

Pawpie
Pawpie
I've been playing ESO for about a month now. I have until now only played single player D&D, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls games, so I have little familiarity with the online world. I have received invitations to join guilds, but except for one have declined them, because I don't know what they are about, and they don't know what I'm about. I am an older dude who likes to play the game, and also likes to tinker with, not so much the game, as I do character creation. I am available most daylight to late evening hours. Most of the characters I make are what I guess is called DPS, although that seems rather technical for a creature who likes to hit bad guys with sharp pointy things, with the occassional spell thrown in. I haven't done any PVP, so I don't know if I'd like it or not. I am not concerned with creating the most powerful humanoid in Tamriel, not really concerned with how my creations will do at 'end game'. If there are any guilds who want someone like me, or just fellow players who want someone to run through the game with, here's where you can let me know. Thanks.
PC NA
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I can help with what some of the various types of guilds are, and how you can sell stuff. In this game, you can be in up to five guilds at one time. If you want to sell stuff, guilds are really the only way to go other than shouting in chat. There are numerous types of guilds; here is a list of some of the major types. Trade guilds - best way to make gold, RP guilds - role play can be a blast, PVP - kill 'em if they look at you funny, Trial guilds - mostly for the harder end-game stuff, but some will take you at lower levels, Werewolf guilds - hunt them down and eat them, Vampire guilds - the joys of bloodlust, and Social guilds - just what the name implies. Note that this is not by any means a complete list, just a few of the major types.

Unlike many mmorpgs, there is no auction house here, only with a guild can you sell without shouting. Note you can indeed sell to NPCs, but that's only suitable for junk, really. Guilds have a store where you can sell to other members, and if the guild has a trader, you can sell to others not in that guild.
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
  • Pawpie
    Pawpie
    Thanks for the information. RIght now I don't know that I'd have anything worth selling, but I don't know what I don't know.
    PC NA
  • OngoingAgony
    Im new to the game on pc but have experience on xbox if you want we can game together and i can show you what i know
  • OngoingAgony
    Add me on discord if interested Ongoing Agony#6629
  • Pawpie
    Pawpie
    Where are you in the game? I'm in Vvardenfell trying to get to level 15 so I can get the other weapon bar.
    PC NA
  • OngoingAgony
    on xbox im maxed out on 12 characters but on pc im starting new characters left and right so i have no idea
  • Kenborn
    Kenborn
    Hello pawpie. i would like to extend a invitation to you from Fabrica Fates, we at Fabrica Fates are a social/casual style guild, we have a few set rules that are easy to fallow and have a few members that are in their 30's to 40's. The only thing currently other then the set rules we require is for new members to join discord with us.

Ps. don't forget the spinach and keep a eye on Olive Oyl

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409905/fabrica-fates-just-starting-we-are-recruiting-pve-social-casual-crafting-all-alliance-welcome-na/p1
    Edited by Kenborn on July 23, 2018 9:28PM
    Guild master of Fabrica Fate.
    Take a look at our recruiting forum page here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/409905
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Vanquish might be what you are looking for. (We do cater to the "older" crowd, mostly because our average age is now reaching the 45-55 range) You can check out our website and fill out an application.

Here is our recruitment thread if you'd like to read about us on these forums.

All alliances are welcome however our guild PvP events are held within DC.

Hope you find what you are looking for,

Savina