The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would You Be in favor of a PvP Map with No Keeps / World PvP Zone

Joshlenoir
Joshlenoir
✭✭✭✭
What do you think of getting a new PvP map with no keeps? Or a new zone (like an expansion) that has faction PvP enabled. This way the people more focused on killing players rather than sieging keeps, have somewhere to Duke it out with one another. It doesn't even have to be anything insane. Just an interesting zone with lots of structures, hills, doors, buildings, elaborate cooridors etc.
There could be world bosses, good resource nodes, public dungeons, and powerful mobs, etc. Spread out across the map to discourage people from running huge zergs.
This theoretical map would have NO flags, NO keeps to siege, NO siege enabled, none of that stuff. NO campaign score, etc. A good reference is timeless isle from world of Warcraft during the mists of pandaria expansion.

OR

An update that gives us the option to toggle World PvP on, or turns certain zones into PvP enabled ones, and makes cities / hubs safe zones (or risk getting owned by guards).

Would You Be in favor of a PvP Map with No Keeps / World PvP Zone 60 votes

Yes
50%
ZelosGilvothcameron90_ESOSpringt-Über-ZwergeTaonnorEtanielBRogueNZVilestrideAnteCoyoteVynistAdzyTaylorEirella JulesCarl-lanCyrusAryaNateS4Kram8ionJoshlenoirIryliaSiaetto 30 votes
No
50%
DarcyMardindennissomb16_ESOPotenzacamelliaAhPook_Is_HereDagoth_RacNermystoop420KatahdinmaxjapankzykWhite wabbitRealPhoenixBiro123The_1st_ElderMorgul667NightbladeMechanicsAki-RalMaryalMissNet 30 votes
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Potentially cap group size to a max of 6 or 8 depending on map size/total population.

Dozens of spawns around the map with just beautiful terrain.

Could potentially have randomly spawning flags which move every 10 minutes just as a way to direct players to other players.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes to any new pvp zone. After 4 years the same zone is incredibly stale.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Maps need focal points to fight over.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Maps need focal points to fight over.

No, they don't. When that happens you get people who group with 25 other friends just so they can sit on flags and call it winning. That's why cyrodill is so stale and people are getting tired of it.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. What if they just buffed up the resource nodes in the non travelled part of the map? Put a “Reaource Nodes” Encampment and whoever controls it is able to farm 5-10x the amount of nodes in the area. And you can have little roaming guard posts through out the vast farming area. The nodes you farm don’t actually give you the mats but like a form a loseable currency like telvar that you turn in, in turn for the mats
    2. Put caravans that travel on the untraveled areas of the map and if you get it from point A to point B you get gold, mats, and a chance for any random weapon from vma, vdsa, etc.
    3. Put a trial like public dungeon in cyro that drops really awesome stuff like vdsa or something and make the monsters here crit so you need pvp gear.

And yeah I just kinda restated the ideas above, but for cyro.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on July 21, 2018 12:33AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    AvA is only stale because ZOS has let it rot.

I voted no because I want to see ZOS improve the current AvA environments of Cyrodiil and IC before adding others.

Personally, I dislike deathmatch modes. I get bored of them very quickly. But I would like to see PVP added to housing instances with different modes such as team based/free for all/ctf/capture and hold/deathmatch/etc along with the basic functions and options first person shooter servers have had for years.

It *should* be very inexpensive for ZOS to add those things to housing instances, and then they could let players handle the content creation.
    Edited by zyk on July 21, 2018 1:32AM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »
    What do you think of getting a new PvP map with no keeps?

107795.png
    Just an interesting zone with lots of structures, hills, doors, buildings, elaborate cooridors etc.

Imperial%20City%20Sewers.png

No but seriously, if Imperial City had actually been handled with care instead of being chopped and hacked into being the game's first DLC after going B2P, it would have been a small-scale PVPer's heaven. Now it's just a dead zone.

ZOS pls

Edited by arkansas_ESO on July 21, 2018 3:30AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean like BGs? Don't those exist already?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What do you think of getting a new PvP map with no keeps? Or a new zone (like an expansion) that has faction PvP enabled. This way the people more focused on killing players rather than sieging keeps, have somewhere to Duke it out with one another. It doesn't even have to be anything insane. Just an interesting zone with lots of structures, hills, doors, buildings, elaborate cooridors etc.
    There could be world bosses, good resource nodes, public dungeons, and powerful mobs, etc. Spread out across the map to discourage people from running huge zergs.
    This theoretical map would have NO flags, NO keeps to siege, NO siege enabled, none of that stuff. NO campaign score, etc. A good reference is timeless isle from world of Warcraft during the mists of pandaria expansion.

OR

An update that gives us the option to toggle World PvP on, or turns certain zones into PvP enabled ones, and makes cities / hubs safe zones (or risk getting owned by guards).

i would love it.
    i hope this happens.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Rather than a keepless zone I'd like to see the resources system (mine, lumber and farm) fleshed out: for example the alliances could earn points for holding resources structures, depending on the number of active npc workers (so that each alliance would have to protect its miners, woodworkers and farmers from raiders), while holding keeps would grant better mobility for the troops and would become a mean and not an end in itself.
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind a 24v24v24 Large Battleground

It would kill cyrodiil, but I doubt ZOS cares
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    No
    I vote NO. ZOS needs to fix everything that is wrong with cyrodiil before implementing another entire zone for PVP.

e.g. Points below for an item to be added..

The roads located on the cyrodiil map. What if a trade cart randomly spawned and everyone who is in the campaign gets notification saying Trade Cart has randomly spawned at XX location. You then have to move the cart similar to like a ram (having a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6). Transport it to the nearest keep owned by ones faction. The reward for successfully transporting it could be gold mats, gold, siege items.

Also, I like the idea as stated above of being able to hold an area and you can farm some nodes at 5-10x the normal amount(this could be implemented at some of the less important towns like Cheydinal, etc.

Even what ZOS is implemented into the game with the Resources degrading the keep if the resource gets taken is a good step forward.

Imperial City - One change I would like to see when entering the districts is a bit of risk / reward. e.g. someone can be holding 10k + telvar (this guy is risking his telvar and his reward is the bosses, etc) whereas a ganker can hold 0 telvar who just ganks and deposits no risk (only reward) for the ganker. ZOS should implement a telvar requirement of like 5-10k minimum telvar to be able to enter into the districts. If you don't have telvar to enter into the districts then you would have to farm in the sewers. Hence making the sewers a bit more populated.
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭

OR

It's all well and good but the effort required to make it happen is far greater than what they have to play with. You need to consider the financial viability of how to make this work. Any major pvp specific modifications are basically a liability; the money is in pve. The only way I can see this happening is if they bring out a whole new pvp paid expansion to cover the costs (which I would pay for, others may not (eg. pveers)).

Replacement of the current Cyrodiil map is probably out of the question given how much effort has gone into it and that it is still very popular. Adaptation of the Imperial City into what you're talking about is probably the most logical way to go about making it happen. A new map is also possible as long as they make it much smaller than Cyro as there is no point in riding 5 min to a keep being sieged as there is no keep. Plus you would need to give people the incentive to play there as it's not objective based; maybe in a form of rewards.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would love a new map. However, the proposal of a map without keeps had me picturing endless hours on horse simulator riding around Cyrodiil trying to find fights! I guess something small like an IC, or BGs map could be OK.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These kinds of ideas have fared poorly in ESO so far -- a brief history...

Justice System, Part Two

R.I.P.

This was going to be the open-world PvP option: If you flag as a deputized law enforcer you can kill players with bounties and make some coin. A few reasons were offered for this being scrapped, including potential performance issues. There was a concern from PvE-onlys that they would get ganked for accidentally stealing a loaf of bread, so pro-open worlders suggested that law-breakers would also have to flag for PvP. But that was moot because ZOS had already killed the general idea anyway.

??? Imperial City as part of Alliance War ???

Not quite dead but only holding on the by thinnest of threads... Imagine district capture being tied into other aspects of overland AvA and scoring, getting unique items (siege?), etc. from playing in the Imperial City? But first that zone would have to go base-game because of P2W concerns.

Remodel of Cyrodiil

Hahahahahahahahaha… yeah. Many versions of this. One even requested splitting into related zones to make it bigger and more engaging. Most of these ideas are DoA. Minor phasing or skinning changes based on current events would be a nice compromise: keeps changing appearance based on ownership, sites of recent battles looking scarred/drawing in special mobs attracted to death & violence, etc. Any and all of which would further tank Cyrodiil performance. Maybe when that gets fixed...

??? Large-Scale Battleground/PvP Trial ???

Basically take Cloud Ruler Temple and turn it into an 8 v 8 v 8 or even 12 v 12 v 12 multi-floor battleground with lots of cool toys (anomalies that make you float or cause you to explore after a few seconds, places to down oils, etc.). Or, make it PvP-enabled trial where you can choose speed vs. ambush, cooperation in fighting bosses vs. a chance to take out the enemy, with many intersecting paths. Some good responses from players, but zip from ZOS. Could serve as a model for future versions in other locations and extend the faction war story.

New large map for PvP

Long requested. No ZOS reply. But it would undercut Cyrodiil and yet have the same issues. Double the headache they are already struggling with in current AvAvA. Suggested locales have included Akavir, a demiplane of Oblivion, and a large uncharted island with a valuable resource or strategic advantage.

As for a WoW-style War Mode (optional phased open-world PvP), see "Justice System, Part 2" above.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    it would be just a boring deathmatch.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Potenza wrote: »
    it would be just a boring deathmatch.

This
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really just sounds like IC 2.0 (or 1.0 I guess, since it didn't have the flags originally).

I'm totally down for any attempt to freshen up PvP, but I don't see flagless overland really having that big of a draw. I could be wrong.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wish they would just take a map like the gold coast and make it pvp enabled, just running around 6 to 8 man group sizes but just running around the map in a constant battle. Queue into the zone and just spawn someone randomly and just start killing each other.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.