The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Some races need to be improved

Vaneur
Vaneur
✭✭✭
As the tittle says there are some races like nord whose passives are pretty useless, making them unworthy to play with; as i suggested at this topic https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425589/some-changes-id-like-to-see-in-a-future-update-races#latest, would be nice to see a change like that at least in the PTS server to test it
I also copy here the racial changes that I wrote in that topic:

Imperial: Its pasives has been redesigned.
OLD:
- Tough 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 4%/8%/12%
- Conditioning 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 4%/7%/10%
- Red Diamond 1/2/3: Give your melee attacks a 10% change to restore 174/349/524 Health

NEW:
- Dynamic 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 4%/5%/6% and Max Magicka by 4%/5%/6%
- Red Diamond 1/2/3: Reduce the Stamina and Magicka cost of your habilities by 1%/2%/3%

Nord: Its pasives has been redesigned.
OLD:
- Stalwart 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 2%/4%/6% and Health Recovery by 6%/13%/20%
- Resist Frost 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Cold Resistance by 693/1386/2079
- Rugged 1/2/3: Reduces incoming damage by 2%/4%/6%

NEW:
- Endurable 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 2%/4%/6% and Stamina Recovery by 3%/6%/9%
- Adamant 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Health Recovery by 6%/13%/20%
- Rugged 1/2/3: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 1320/2640/3960

Breton: Magicka Mastery pasive has been improved and Spell Resistance pasive has been reworked.
OLD:
- Gift of Magnus: Increases Max Magicka by 4%/7%/10%
- Spell Resistance: Increases your Spell Resistance by 1320/2640/3960
- Magicka Mastery: Reduce the Magicka cost of your spells by 1%/2%/3%

NEW:
- Spell Resistance: Increases your Spell Resistance by 693/1386/2079. When you take Magic damage you restore 150/290/410 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds
- Magicka Mastery: Reduce the Magicka cost of your spells by 3%/4%/5%
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAS, add spell crit to Khajiit. This leaves Redguard undisputed PVE DPS king and gives khajiit a little niche.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally some Breton suggestions I can get behind, instead of all those "increase Magicka damage" ones.

Would love to see an ESO version of Dragonskin
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was expecting crap suggestions, actually not that bad.

Imperial would be more than viable for either build & great for tanks.

Breton would be sustain gods, while Dark elf would be most damage and high elf in the middle.

Nord would be viable, I'd like to see something here for damage with 2H or something.

Khajiit having both crit would be awesome, maybe a little sustain chucked in on critical damage?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaneur wrote: »
    As the tittle says there are some races like nord whose passives are pretty useless, making them unworthy to play with

They will be unworthy to play until some famous blogger says that it's BiS.

Despite the fact that there is very little imbalance in the races, this problem is greatly exaggerated.
    Everything is viable
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not happy about Nords losing their cold resistance, that's kind of their thing.
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Finally some Breton suggestions I can get behind, instead of all those "increase Magicka damage" ones.

Racial active abilities / ultimates would be such a treat.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord needs more than just an extra 9% Recovery as that wouldn't get it near balance with Argonian for tanking still because of how OP resource management is on Argonian. And Nord's PvE DPS is too far behind Redguard with the 10% max Stam and Adrenaline passive. In PvE DPS builds you only have around 1000 Stam Recovery so a 9% bonus is barely noticeable just like it is with Khajiit vs Redguard.

One good suggestion I've seen for Nord is give the Race an additional flat bonus to Stamina when using a Drink since Nord's lore is around drinking.

Drop the Rugged passive and give more Max Stamina instead.

Nord NEW Passives:
    - Stalwart 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 2%/4%/6% and Health Recovery by 6%/13%/20%
    - Adamant 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Physical Resistance by 693/1386/2079
    - Hulking 1/2/3: Increases your Max Stamina by 1000/1500/2000 while you have a drink buff active.

I think that would make Nord another viable DPS build choice if you wanted to go for max total Stamina vs more Recovery with Redguard.
    Edited by Twohothardware on July 17, 2018 11:04AM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I up for Bretons changes, but from my sig only

All suggested here changes are LOL and can't be taken seriously
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your suggestion for Nord passive Rugged isn't viable. You have resistance cap just by going full heavy and Bloodspawn/Lord Warden. So it would be a completely useless passive.

3960 resistances is equal to 6% damage reduction. But 6% damage reduction, as it works now, is added on top of resistances.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 17, 2018 11:18AM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either Altmer: Increase Magicka by 6/8/12 % or Breton, increases magicka by 3/6/8 % :) Restore Altmer to what it used to be. Humans don't have as much Magicka, they are impure.
    Edited by Dracane on July 17, 2018 11:25AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorewise it would make more sense for bretons to have a magicka and stamina bonus.
    These suggestions are solid tough
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this was posted elsewhere, why is this now a new thread?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I'm not happy about Nords losing their cold resistance, that's kind of their thing.
    Tryxus wrote: »

Racial active abilities / ultimates would be such a treat.

Well, the Redguard's power Adrenaline Rush has been turned into a passive for this game. Perhaps, the same thing could be done with the Breton's Dragonskin:

- Gift of Magnus: Increases Max Magicka by 4%/7%/10%.
    - Arcane Mastery: Reduce the Magicka cost of your spells by 3%/4%/5% and increases your Spell Resistance by 693/1386/2079.
    - Dragonskin: When you take Magic damage you restore 150/290/410 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial looks good. Much better than what it is now.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are way too OP imo especially Imperial

That also makes Bretons better magicka users than High Elves LOL

Races that are in need of a little love:
    Khajiit
    Nord
    Imperial

Edited by mb10 on July 17, 2018 1:26PM
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Khajiit
    Nord
    Imperial

I disagree with you in just about every way.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for the Breton. The second one looks like a nerf to me. 400 magicka over 5 seconds wouldn’t even be noticable. Think about it. Say for moves that cost 3000 magic. It would take 35+ seconds for you to even beable to get one extra cast in. That’s a long time. I’d rather have the resistance
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

Khajiit
    Nord
    Imperial

Bretons are worst magicka race argonians have better sustain. Bretons cost reduction is only slightly better for templars in dks but when it very little more when lizards get stam and magicka back it way makes up for it here is the math I did 4 months ago about it
    each magicka class with Breton 3% reduce cost = mag per second
    dragonknight avg cost 3510 = 105.3 mag per second regen
    nightblade avg cost 3060.06 = 91.80 mag per second
    warden avg cost 3060.73 = 91.82 mag per second
    sorcerer avg cost 3379 = 101.37 mag per second (did not count dark conversion because mag morph cost stam)
    Templar avg cost 3516 = 105.48 mag per second
    there are no other factors for other than base cost no passives or cp affecting it

argonians get 102.666 hp mag and stam per second with there passive
    Edited by lucky_Sage on July 17, 2018 3:11PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    Buff Max Stamina to 9%
    Add a stamina return on damage to the Rugged passive.

Breton
    Add a 1/3/5% Magic Regen effect on top of the cost reduction passive
    For s***s and giggles, add a 1/2/3% Max Health passive to Spell Resistance passive.

Khajiit
    Nerf Stealthy down to 6% stealth damage and add 1/2/3% Max Stamina
    Increase Stamina regen effect to 4/8/12%
    Change Health Regen for Max Health by 2/4/6%
    Increase Crit buff to 3/6/9% and include Spell Crit to it.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on July 25, 2018 6:00AM
    Argonian forever
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord
    Buff Max Stamina to 9%
    Add a stamina return on damage to the Rugged passive.

That would be a good change. I still like my idea of giving Nord the highest total Stamina though something like an additional flat bonus when using a drink but Nord just needs a buff, any buff, to get it's damage higher since it can't compete in Tanking to Argonian because of the large sustain difference.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit could use spell crit and maybe alchemical poison and potion boost since they also have... Moonsugar and Skooma.

Imperials, I guess there can be really tiny boost to magicka like Argonians because last recent TES game Skyrim had boost in Destruction and Restoration. Maybe like 3% magicka boost? Or just cost reduction of abilities by 3% to represent their resourcefulness while boosting Breton to about 5?
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaneur wrote: »
    As the tittle says there are some races like nord whose passives are pretty useless, making them unworthy to play with; as i suggested at this topic https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/425589/some-changes-id-like-to-see-in-a-future-update-races#latest, would be nice to see a change like that at least in the PTS server to test it
    I also copy here the racial changes that I wrote in that topic:

Imperial: Its pasives has been redesigned.
    OLD:
    - Conditioning 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 4%/7%/10%
    - Red Diamond 1/2/3: Give your melee attacks a 10% change to restore 174/349/524 Health

NEW:
    - Dynamic 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 4%/5%/6% and Max Magicka by 4%/5%/6%
    - Red Diamond 1/2/3: Reduce the Stamina and Magicka cost of your habilities by 1%/2%/3%

OLD:
    - Resist Frost 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Cold Resistance by 693/1386/2079
    - Rugged 1/2/3: Reduces incoming damage by 2%/4%/6%

NEW:
    - Endurable 1/2/3: Increases Max Stamina by 2%/4%/6% and Stamina Recovery by 3%/6%/9%
    - Adamant 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Health Recovery by 6%/13%/20%
    - Rugged 1/2/3: Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 1320/2640/3960

Breton: Magicka Mastery pasive has been improved and Spell Resistance pasive has been reworked.
    OLD:
    - Spell Resistance: Increases your Spell Resistance by 1320/2640/3960
    - Magicka Mastery: Reduce the Magicka cost of your spells by 1%/2%/3%

NEW:
    - Spell Resistance: Increases your Spell Resistance by 693/1386/2079. When you take Magic damage you restore 150/290/410 Magicka. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds
    - Magicka Mastery: Reduce the Magicka cost of your spells by 3%/4%/5%

I really like the Breton changes although at that point I think the magicka sustain is over the top. You could change the passive to Spell Mastery and keep it at 3% but also have it affect ultimates. Either one would work, but that sustain looks kind of crazy tbh. An yes I'm aware it's only against magicka skills.

Not a fan of the Nord changes. It loses a lot of the Nord identity. Don't forget that Nords can't be Chilled due to that Cold Resistance so don't undervalue it. As @Olupajmibanan stated, the Rugged change actually becomes a nerf since it's easy to reach resistance cap. You could keep Rugged the same and have it reduce Break Free costs or heal for 1k health every time you Break Free.

Imperial passives look too strong. A lot of people like Tough and Conditioning so I doubt its a good idea to change those. Red Diamond is the only flex spot with this race. If you're going for better resource sustain, have it do something like reduce potion cooldown by 5 seconds and increase duration by 2 seconds. Similar results, but makes more sense lore wise as Imperials are often known for being wealthy, and therefore could afford better pots.

Classes are not that unbalanced. They really only need minor tweaks.

Special mention to Khajit and and Bosmer. Their stealth passives are archaic. Khajit needs spell crit and maybe higher jumping. Bosmer could use something too non-stat related like taking 10% reduced damage when Dodge Rolling in AoE.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nord's just need to replace the incoming damage reduction passive with something that boosts the effects of drinks by ~10-20% (not sure what exactly would be balanced). Fits the theme generally and is actually useful.
  • Vaneur
    Vaneur
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks your all for your opinions. As you say the nord changes are not best, at the beginning I was thinking about change cold resist to elemental resist and increases it to... 1320/2640/3960 (like bretton current spell resistance) and grants reduced duration to chilled status effect, something like...

Resist Frost 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Cold Resistance by 693/1386/2079
    to
    Resist Elements 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Elemental Resistance by 1320/2640/3960. Reduced the duration of Chilled status effects by 30%/40%/50% (or something like that)

I think it's still lore friendly and now it grants some useful resistances.

About Rugged... yep, maybe it's not one of the best changes but it need to be improve. The changes that Silver_ Strider about stamina return on damage seems pretty solid:

OLD:
    - Rugged 1/2/3: Reduces incoming damage by 2%/4%/6% (I know there are ppl who like this passive, but it's applied at the end, after all damage reductions are applied, make it not enough good to be conseder even a passive)

NEW:
    - Resist Elements 1/2/3: Increases Max Health by 3%/6%/9% and Elemental Resistance by 1320/2640/3960. Reduced the duration of Chilled status effects by 30%/40%/50%
    - Rugged 1/2/3: When you take damage you restore 261/522/792 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.

About breton and imperial changes... I think they aren't bad proposals after all
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd push the boat out and make red diamond grant ultimate - nothing too much obviously, maybe something like decisive trait. We already have basically every other race with stat pool sustain.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aeowulf wrote: »
    I'd push the boat out and make red diamond grant ultimate - nothing too much obviously, maybe something like decisive trait. We already have basically every other race with stat pool sustain.

This is a fun idea. Right now Red Diamond is pretty much garbage.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why is no one mentioning the poor woodelfs lol

If i had 2 races to buff it would be nord and woodelf
    Edited by ezio45 on July 19, 2018 5:52PM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

Bosmer with 21% stam recovery, stealth bonus not enough eh? They are really not in any need of buffs.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bosmer with 21% stam recovery, stealth bonus not enough eh? They are really not in any need of buffs.

Not to mention immune to Defile via Disease damage. They're one of the best right now in PvP.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the current final nord passive. it offers damage mitigation not availiable from any other sources. Other than that, I give full support to the rest of these changes.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The only way you'll get a Buff to Bosmer is if Stealthy gets nerfed. 10% Stealth Damage is a lot and with their current passives, a buff to their damage/sustain seems unlikely.
    Argonian forever