The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Post #33,457: nerf sorcs

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_Wrobel

I just watched a sorc 1v6 and take millions in damage without running out of resources. When you have a range dps light armor class that is tankier than a stam dk, you have made serious errors in your game design.

You are hurting the game. You are making it difficult to draw new players in because you’ve given sorcs the ability to do things that YOU YOURSELF claimed were not in ESO’s interests. You said in an episode of eso live that you don’t want a one-shot combo class, but here it is. You said yourself in another episode that you don’t want a class that can sustain indefinitely, but here it is. You said you don’t want a class that can outperform heavy armor tanks, but here it is.

Stop messing up this game and nerf the GD Effing class.

(To be fair, I think they should get more dps, they’re just way too tanky)
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i agree that sorcs are very strong atm, if you build for sustain on a sorc with, Lich, Engine Guardian and resource poisons you can have immense sustain. add to that, % recovery modifiers. you can go full burst damage and stack 3 shields.
    But that is part of the reason Sloads and Shieldbreaker exist and CP like shattering blows and Siphoner.

Plus add to that Undodgable and unblockable skills they use..... you know what..... Sorc OP :o
    lol but yeah very strong again this patch.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, you don't want sorcs to be oneshot wonders. You don't want them to be tanky. And you don't want them to sustain a fight.
    What DO you want them to be? AP piñatas?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m probably just cranky because I was in the middle of a very fun battle for nickel, and crashed...reloaded, got back into nickel...ten seconds, crash.

Damn you server hamsters, damn you all to oblivion.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I’m probably just cranky because I was in the middle of a very fun battle for nickel, and crashed...reloaded, got back into nickel...ten seconds, crash.

Damn you server hamsters, damn you all to oblivion.

Oh yeah, and then you think about all the AP and siege you lost and it makes you just want to farm mats because thats the only thing that wont make you freeze/ Crash.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    So, you don't want sorcs to be oneshot wonders. You don't want them to be tanky. And you don't want them to sustain a fight.

Most people don't want them to be both at same time I think is the issue.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs only class that can stun and execute you from all the way across the map and they probably think it takes skill.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

I just watched a sorc 1v6 and take millions in damage without running out of resources. When you have a range dps light armor class that is tankier than a stam dk, you have made serious errors in your game design.

You are hurting the game. You are making it difficult to draw new players in because you’ve given sorcs the ability to do things that YOU YOURSELF claimed were not in ESO’s interests. You said in an episode of eso live that you don’t want a one-shot combo class, but here it is. You said yourself in another episode that you don’t want a class that can sustain indefinitely, but here it is. You said you don’t want a class that can outperform heavy armor tanks, but here it is.

Stop messing up this game and nerf the GD Effing class.

(To be fair, I think they should get more dps, they’re just way too tanky)

Sorc is strong but if you see people getting 1v6'd by a Sorc, problem is them really. 6 people and they cannot even destroy Sorc shield fast enough? That really is on the 6.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing my stamplar a lot just to get perspective on how it feels to play against sorcs. To make a long story short, having a good purge is the only thing that kept me alive against the really good ones. I can see where some classes could really struggle. The handful of times I died to rune cage was because I over exerted my character and didn't have the stam to break free. Medium armor needs a purge which could be easily added to shuffle or get rid of the useless sneak passive.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We prefer the term “stamplar”
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah theres a reason all the streamers went to sorc
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps a little tighter controls from the devs to ensure there's no possible way to get all 4 categories (the 3 you mentioned, plus mobility) simultaneously, no matter how cleverly you build. Maybe a streakless Sorc who can sustain, tank, and burst? Or a Sorc even more mobile than the current Sorc, but they can't burst? etc.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 2v1 against a sorc/stamblade the other day..rekt the stamblade then the sorc just spammed cc/rune cage etc till i was out of stamina.. I have no issues with sorcs but damn that was annoying..

• IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poor Stamplars. Tried to play one this patch. But it was a train of frustration. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least we are finding out all the new players in Cyrodiil / bad players each time a thread is started.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    At least we are finding out all the new players in Cyrodiil / bad players each time a thread is started.

Or on the flip side finding out who wants to have an easy ride playing sorc by defending them
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭

Please. We prefer the term "stamdk"
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    I had a 2v1 against a sorc/stamblade the other day..rekt the stamblade then the sorc just spammed cc/rune cage etc till i was out of stamina.. I have no issues with sorcs but damn that was annoying..

That’s not Sorc specific. CC immunity is broken across the game.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or on the flip side finding out who wants to have an easy ride playing sorc by defending them

Lol, roll one. Play one, show us how easy it is. Upload your Xv1 videos please.

Sorcs have been mediocre at best last two patches. Gain some damage on Cage and people lose their mind. I had better burst prior to Frag Nerfs.

I get it, people new to Cyrodiil need to learn to Counter Sorcs, and the band wagon is always there to jump on when they cant.

But regardless of Nerfs or buffs people moan. Prior to.the cage change they moaned despite Blades clearly being on top for 6 months. It's a default state and very boring.

As I say if they are god mode just roll one and decimate the field. Nope didn't think so.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus

I think it would be a lot easier to assess the relative strength if CC immunity and CC mechanics would actually work. Right now it’s so messed up that every CC is a death sentence in some scenarios.

I played my new Stamplar from level 10 to level 14 yesterday in 3 hours of Sotha Sil PvP. Rune Cage was the issue in only one of my 16 deaths.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol, roll one. Play one, show us how easy it is. Upload your Xv1 videos please.

Sorcs have been mediocre at best last two patches. Gain some damage on Cage and people lose their mind. I had better burst prior to Frag Nerfs.

I get it, people new to Cyrodiil need to learn to Counter Sorcs, and the band wagon is always there to jump on when they cant.

But regardless of Nerfs or buffs people moan. Prior to.the cage change they moaned despite Blades clearly being on top for 6 months. It's a default state and very boring.

As I say if they are god mode just roll one and decimate the field. Nope didn't think so.

Your the one saying God mode my only issue is rune cage I didn't care about them before this and please upload a video showing us new people how to counter sorcs with rune cage
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm a Sorc main since beta and I have to say the class is overtuned. The only excuse for Sorcerers having the best burst in the game was that it was easily predictable and avoidable. Crystal Frags is visible in the player's hands, Curse has 3.5 seconds timer and Meteor has both visual and sound cues before impact.

All of these counterplays goes out the window when Rune Cage comes in the scenario. It drops your block and stuns you through dodge, allowing the Sorc to execute the best burst with little effort. All of this from 41 meters away.

Now imagine the Sorcerer using Skoria or Caluurion. With Destructive Reach + Alchemy poisons its 4 different DOTs on the enemy ( 32% chance to proc Skoria per second) and Crushing Shock has exceptionally high chance to proc Caluurion ( 3 different direct hits means 3 times the player's crit chance )
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 17, 2018 7:45AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

I'm a Sorc main since beta and I have to say the class is overtuned. The only excuse for Sorcerers having the best burst in the game was that it was easily predictable and avoidable. Crystal Frags is visible in the player's hands, Curse has 3.5 seconds timer and Meteor has both visual and sound cues before impact.

All of these counterplays goes out the window when Rune Cage comes in the scenario. It drops your block and stuns you through dodge, allowing the Sorc to execute the best burst with little effort. All of this from 41 meters away.

Now imagine the Sorcerer using Skoria or Caluurion. With Destructive Reach + Alchemy poisons its 4 different DOTs on the enemy ( 32% chance to proc Skoria per second) and Crushing Shock has exceptionally high chance to proc Caluurion ( 3 different direct hits means 3 times the player's crit chance )

I'm imagining a sorcerer who uses Reach and Cage atm. Also, sorcs don't do well with Caluurion unless they're up close, which is typically the place you see the least amount of (living) sorcs. This seems like a meme build you've brought up here- and none of these things in your last paragraph are sorc-specific (and some of them are even things sorcs don't synergize with well at all - see Cal).

Nobody complained about cage for a long time, but suddenly it gains some damage and everybody loses their minds. Most complaints I see involve the range and additional tooltip damage, too.

Cage definitely needs some tuning, but listing stuff like this in the same post doesn't help your case xD Especially since you finished your 2nd paragraph with a powerful 'all this from 41m away', and cal is ass at max range.
    Edited by Tonturri on July 17, 2018 11:49AM
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc needs buffs, take rune cage for instance, max range is nice, but it only ignores dodges, reflects & blocks, now obviously I spend most of the time looking at my skillbar, so obviously sometimes when I use rune cage the person is CC immune (it is unfair to expect me to be aware of things like that), so in addition to it ignoring other defensive mechanics I feel it needs a buff so it ignores CC immunity so I always hit if I manage to aim vaguely in the right direction. ( I played Counterstrike once it made me cry, I am a good aimer in ESO, but I kept missing in CS, I think there must be something wrong with their game engine...)

I feel Mages Wrath & Implosion should be the model for skilled sorc gameplay, I like the way they do things automatically for me like not having to worry about exactly when someone's health gets into execute range, this is good this makes me a more skilled ESO player.

I am thinking with this level of skilled play ESO can go on to be an e-sport and dethrone DOTA 2, CS:GO, etc.
    Edited by Sylosi on July 17, 2018 12:39PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    Sorc needs buffs, take rune cage for instance, max range is nice, but it only ignores dodges, reflects & blocks, now obviously I spend most of the time looking at my skillbar, so obviously sometimes when I use rune cage the person is CC immune (it is unfair to expect me to be aware of things like that), so in addition to it ignoring other defensive mechanics I feel it needs a buff so it ignores CC immunity so I always hit if I manage to aim vaguely in the right direction. ( I played Counterstrike once it made me cry, I am a good aimer in ESO, but I kept missing in CS, I think there must be something wrong with their game engine...)

I feel Mages Wrath & Implosion should be the model for skilled sorc gameplay, I like the way they do things automatically for me like not having to worry about exactly when someone's health gets into execute range, this is good this makes me a more skilled ESO player.

I am thinking with this level of skilled play ESO can go on to be an e-sport and dethrone DOTA 2, CS:GO, etc.

Lol, so now Mages Wrath / Fury is the problem? I get confused with all the sorc hate is it Cage or Reach and with cage is it range or CC or that its broken to break free or damage or is it wards, are sorcs too mobile or too tanky or too wardy or is it Wrath or is it Overload or is it the pesky Pets or is it (enter Monster Helm / Weopon / Generic skill not class related) paired with Sorc awesomeness.

So would you prefer Mages Wrath & implosion to execute from 50% but be instant only? whats the answer to your Wrath annoyance?
    Edited by Beardimus on July 17, 2018 1:13PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol, so now Mages Wrath / Fury is the problem? I get confused with all the sorc hate is it Cage or Reach and with cage is it range or CC or that its broken to break free or damage or is it wards, are sorcs too mobile or too tanky or too wardy or is it Wrath or is it Overload or is it the pesky Pets or is it (enter Monster Helm / Weopon / Generic skill not class related) paired with Sorc awesomeness.

So would you prefer Mages Wrath & implosion to execute from 50% but be instant only? whats the answer to your Wrath annoyance?

Don't be confused.

The problem with RC is that the overall burst it guarantees will land exceeds the health pool of most non-tank builds.

Parts of that burst: RC damage itself, Meteor, Frag, Wrath, Curse, Light Attack, Weapon Enchant, (Implosion) etc etc.

Pick your poison.

If the overall damage of those>100% health pool of opponents & it requires absolutely no skill from sorcerer to land that Rune Cage, there's a problem.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Don't be confused.

The problem with RC is that the overall burst it guarantees will land exceeds the health pool of most non-tank builds.

Parts of that burst: RC damage itself, Meteor, Frag, Wrath, Curse, Light Attack, Weapon Enchant, (Implosion) etc etc.

Pick your poison.

If the overall damage of those>100% health pool of opponents & it requires absolutely no skill from sorcerer to land that Rune Cage, there's a problem.

I applaud you great sir
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want them to be excuse-making engines for forum lobbyists & apologists to practice the art of self-serving bollsheitery on.

Y’all need to learn another class.

Source: am sorc.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

I want them to be excuse-making engines for forum lobbyists & apologists to practice the art of self-serving bollsheitery on.

Y’all need to learn another class.

Source: am sorc.

mmm-yes-indubitably.jpg
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I almost exclusively play the warden class since morrowind came out - both, magicka and Stamina. So of course I dont really have a Problem with magsorc and If I meet one open world and end in a 1v1 there wasnt any who would be able to kill me (no cp). I still see Problems with sorc though and I mained it, again stam and mag, until the warden class came out (im a shaman/druid Player).

IMO do one of the following to "nerf" rune Cage:

- Change it completely and give back frag stun (not really a dmg increase needed IMO, just the stun, since sorcs will have more bar space etc.)
    - reduce the range to 20m with pvp buffs and leave the rest as it is
    - let it break on dmg (would still benefit skilled sorcs which time it perfectly in 1v1 / 1vX, but the "zerg surfer" would actually grant free cc immunity to peeople already fifhting 5 other People)
    - Change every other class into sorc

Honestly, I havent played a lot magicka sorcerer in the last year, but I do way better on my stamden than on my magicka sorcerer outnumbered, simply for the fact that roll dodge/LOS better defense than shields when facing multiple opponents. Nevertheless, I do see why People rage about sorcs, fighting 4 People and getting cc'ed by rune Cage from 4m away and getting insta nuked is frustrating, but so is getting stealth incaped by a nb coming along... If u run a medium armor build u are just *** actually. I just adapted my build to at least 27k hp and heavy armor, but I always kinda played like that and I can understand People just dont want to run heavy.

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

I just watched a sorc 1v6 and

And that 6 (ALL OF THEM) was incredibly and stupidly bad! Even more, they are probably were 1-handed and tried to play with gamepads.
    There is no reasons to even take care about this case.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!