The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What stamblades need..

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Better survivability outside of stealth.

And Dark Cloak is the way to do it. Right now in its current form it is too expensive and not potent enough to do the job.

Suggested changes:
1) Reduce the cost
2) Increase the duration of minor protection (also fix it so it actually gives minor protection)
3) crit off of highest stat

Now what all stamina classes need: better survivability in medium armor. Stam has been forced into heavy bleed builds because otherwise they blow up on sight due to the potency of undodgeable abilities and proc sets.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    I do vma and pvp on a stamblade in medium. My stamina-based heals kick ass and leeching strikes constributes nicely. All while I deal pretty high damage. So I don't think they really need much better survivability.

I wouldn't mind your second and third suggestion for changes to dark cloak, but cost reduction would make it OP as a self-heal on high health heavy armor builds, and I don't really understand why you want to take the only NB self-heal that's good for high health heavy armor and balance that for medium armor stamblades.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree 110%.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see why not... non cloak medium is way too squishy and I don’t even stam
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    I don’t see why not... non cloak medium is way too squishy and I don’t even stam

Right now stamblades are the only class that can successfully PvP in medium(competitively) due to stealth which is why I would only suggest buffing their survivability via Dark Cloak in order to avoid further buffing stealth.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak really isn't that good without possibility to move fast on stealth.
    There is a reason why most nightblades changed to a heavy armour build.
    No crit. heals and no movement, coz vampire isn't an option any longer.

Please make it possible that an assassine class can move fast in stealth.
    Why is that only possible for magblades?
    PS5|EU
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Ninka wrote: »
    I do vma and pvp on a stamblade in medium. My stamina-based heals kick ass and leeching strikes constributes nicely. All while I deal pretty high damage. So I don't think they really need much better survivability.

I wouldn't mind your second and third suggestion for changes to dark cloak, but cost reduction would make it OP as a self-heal on high health heavy armor builds, and I don't really understand why you want to take the only NB self-heal that's good for high health heavy armor and balance that for medium armor stamblades.

Irrelevant. He's talking about PvP which is an entirely different ball game.
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Irrelevant. He's talking about PvP which is an entirely different ball game.

It's irrelevant that I do pvp on a stamblade that survives just fine and that dark cloak is really good for high health builds while there are other good self heals for a powerful stamblade with lower max health? Ok...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    Cloak really isn't that good without possibility to move fast on stealth.
    There is a reason why most nightblades changed to a heavy armour build.
    No crit. heals and no movement, coz vampire isn't an option any longer.

Please make it possible that an assassine class can move fast in stealth.
    Why is that only possible for magblades?

More buffs to stealth aren’t a desirable thing. And this would be a buff to stealth.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Right now stamblades are the only class that can successfully PvP in medium(competitively) due to stealth which is why I would only suggest buffing their survivability via Dark Cloak in order to avoid further buffing stealth.

lol see med Stamsorc. Med warden.

For you personally maybe med on other classes is not viable, but don’t speak as if it’s fact.
    Edited by Gprime31 on July 17, 2018 6:58AM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

For you personally maybe med on other classes is not viable, but don’t speak as if it’s fact.
    Lol medium stamsorc dead in 2 seconds med warden i say its still good but heavy way better.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Lol medium stamsorc dead in 2 seconds med warden i say its still good but heavy way better.

Weird, I don't die within two seconds on my stamsorc in medium. Am I doing it wrong?
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭

The OP is clearly speaking in terms of PvP not pve. As a stamblade who gives a flying rip about PVE?

But yes, heals in PVE are great and for obvious reasons.

You should try cyrodiil.
    Edited by lazerlaz on July 17, 2018 11:55AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what stamblades NEEDS is a overall nerf too stealth; dmg; and remove that *** bow! gut the class!
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    what stamblades NEEDS is a overall nerf too stealth; dmg; and remove that *** bow! gut the class!

*To

Also what class do you play? I'd love to know who you're representing.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what class I play does not matter Deus =)

Nerf stealth! Nerf incap! Nerf PvE DPS! Nerf NBs too the ground!
    Cleared Trials:

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely needs a buff for PvP, should be a good and viable heal to compensate the loss of stealth, which is a huge tradeoff.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also! Nerf Sorcs!
    Nerf Templars!
    Nerf Dragonknights!
    And Nerf Wardens!

I seem too die from all these, so they all need a nerf =)
    Cleared Trials:

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely needs a buff for PvP, should be a good and viable heal to compensate the loss of stealth, which is a huge tradeoff.

Agreed, it needs to be an attractive option. I thought about suggesting minor vitality on top of my previous suggestions, but I wasn't sure if that would be too much. I want it to be a competitive option, not an OP one.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on July 17, 2018 12:24PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »

Weird, I don't die within two seconds on my stamsorc in medium. Am I doing it wrong?
    Fighting potatoes anything works when you know what your doing.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, it needs to be an attractive option. I thought about suggesting minor vitality on top of my previous suggestions, but I wasn't sure if that would be too much. I want it to be a competitive option, not an OP one.
    I don't believe it would make it op with minor vitality but it would make heavy bleeds builds even stronger.Making minor protection last longer tack on minor vitality its a nice option for a open world build and the heal would be more attractive for a build with less than 30k health.

Most important thing is it need to scale on Spell crit and weapon crit.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I need my snipe to hit about 20m further and do 50% more damage tbh.
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tbh ZOS needs to just remove cloak from the game. Shouldn’t be able to hide from a fight like a lot of NBs do. Make them fight, make them L2P.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Tbh ZOS needs to just remove cloak from the game. Shouldn’t be able to hide from a fight like a lot of NBs do. Make them fight, make them L2P.

This song plays in my mind every time I use Piercing Mark on a Nightblade lol

https://youtu.be/V06DISKajss
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭

This plays in my mind when I purge those marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »

This plays in my mind when I purge those marks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC75aU47GRk

My Piercing Mark is much cheaper than your "efficient" purge :wink: