The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Main quest progress reset

Thaeryndhel
Thaeryndhel
✭✭
tl;dr: Is there a way to abandon or reset the progress of a main quest?

(minor spoilers) I started the Chasing Shadows main quest where the Prophet tasked me with finding the agents of the Worm Cult in Vulkhel Guard. I needed to talk to two witnesses to find out more about them but went straight to the lighthouse, not aware that this is where the quest would eventually take me.
As soon as I entered the building, the quest was updated to the "Investigate the Suspicious Door" stage and now I cannot talk to the two witnesses I've been sent to for questioning.
Some googling led me to believe that it was previously possible to abandon a main quest but now the only two options I'm given upon right-clicking the quest in the journal is "Show on the Map" and "Get Help". Is there anything that could be done to restart the quest?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try abandoning the quest?

That would be the only option.

You don’t lose progress in other main quest portions you’ve already completed.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 16, 2018 3:29PM
  • Thaeryndhel
    Thaeryndhel
    ✭✭
    I tried but the only two options I'm given upon right-clicking the quest in the journal is "Show on the Map" and "Get Help".
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried but the only two options I'm given upon right-clicking the quest in the journal is "Show on the Map" and "Get Help".

Well, apologies that you missed some immersion there ... looks like there’s no way to abandon.
  • Thaeryndhel
    Thaeryndhel
    ✭✭
    Well, apologies that you missed some immersion there ... looks like there’s no way to abandon.
    That's a pity, thanks anyway for taking your time to respond!