The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do you keep doing maintenance on Tuesdays?

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
It says PC maintenance is done on Mondays and Wednesdays so why do you keep doing it on Tuesdays?
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea, usually it is either a US holiday or a German holiday that makes them move the Maintenance day.

But can't find any for either on Monday, everyone is on summer vacation maybe? :P
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really frustrating because we originally had our group sessions on Mondays, then we changed it to Wednesday because of the maintenance, then they decided to occassionally have maintenance on Wednesdays so we changed it to Tuesdays and now they have these unnannounced, really annoying Tuesdays maintenance. And they never explain or justify themselves, so tiresome >:(

• Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than likely they have the most amount of people in office during the week, if something goes wrong they then have more people in office to work on it.

Might be during the week that's when the least amount of players are actually online. I'm just guessing!
    Edited by Lamiai on July 15, 2018 7:27AM
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it really matter ?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They postpone maintenance when there are events running. They had too many complaints, and events ending early, before when they took servers down for maintenance during events.

It's simply to avoid that trouble. This is ESO Plus week.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    A pretty dumb system, why not have the ESO Plus weekend ending Sunday night and have maintenance on Monday?

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really frustrating because we originally had our group sessions on Mondays, then we changed it to Wednesday because of the maintenance, then they decided to occassionally have maintenance on Wednesdays so we changed it to Tuesdays and now they have these unnannounced, really annoying Tuesdays maintenance. And they never explain or justify themselves, so tiresome >:(

Thats why we switched to thursday and sunday :D;)
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Thats why we switched to thursday and sunday :D;)

Since you're on PS4, just hope they don't do it on Thursday one time lol... ;)
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on July 15, 2018 8:54AM

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty dumb system, why not have the ESO Plus weekend ending Sunday night and have maintenance on Monday?

Hawaii...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since most mid year holidays are on a Monday, and if someone is going to extend a weekend with time off, it is a good chance is its a Monday, it makes sense they do Maintenance on a Tuesday. I actually prefer this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Since most mid year holidays are on a Monday, and if someone is going to extend a weekend with time off, it is a good chance is its a Monday, it makes sense they do Maintenance on a Tuesday. I actually prefer this.

Whether or not people agree with the day the MINIMUM ZOS should be doing is sticking to one day. It does nobody any good to keep changing maintenance days like amateurs.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter what day they do it for Aussies, it ruins the night either way and completely screws us in prime time..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

Whether or not people agree with the day the MINIMUM ZOS should be doing is sticking to one day. It does nobody any good to keep changing maintenance days like amateurs.

I agree it should be a specific day each week. I have been moving and setting up a new house so I have real sporadic play lately, but I thought all the last few changes were on a Tuesday. Now, there have been some hot fix types on other days lately, but those are not normal.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree it should be a specific day each week. I have been moving and setting up a new house so I have real sporadic play lately, but I thought all the last few changes were on a Tuesday. Now, there have been some hot fix types on other days lately, but those are not normal.

So we go from Maintenance on Mondays, to now on Tuesdays a few times and now we on Wednesdays?

· European megaservers for maintenance – July 25, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC)

Why is it changing all the time?.

I thought players were in agreement for maintenance to be held on the same day, not a random changing day every week

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It says PC maintenance is done on Mondays and Wednesdays so why do you keep doing it on Tuesdays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FFS
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Not just the almost random day, which could do with being not a Monday, Thursday or Friday due to US public holidays
    Also could we get an explanation of why PC/EU is down tomorrow and not both PC servers?

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it is a fix for the server issues on PC EU.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    My guess is that it is a fix for the server issues on PC EU.

Guess - but it would only take 30s for ZOS to actually post a confirmation
    but I guess that is too much for anyone there :(
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So we go from Maintenance on Mondays, to now on Tuesdays a few times and now we on Wednesdays?

I thought players were in agreement for maintenance to be held on the same day, not a random changing day every week

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It will be tomorrow (Wednesday) to load in the extra servers etc for Midyear Mayhem starting on Thursday.
    It's not rocket science that they need to preload stuff for events.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 24, 2018 7:15PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a perfect world, it should be consistently on one day.

In a real world, I have a hard time caring (and I'm sure there are reasons for it bouncing around--different events starting/ending on different days/Bob the Hamster taking a day off to visit his sick hamster mother, etc.)
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It will be tomorrow (Wednesday) to load in the extra servers etc for Midyear Mayhem starting on Thursday.
    It's not rocket science that they need to preload stuff for events.

if it was anything to do with the event then all 4 servers would be being worked on, the event is just a timer tick.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this even a drama here on the forums - let them do their thing and good. You won't die just because you have to deal with the real world for a couple of hours.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because only lame people play ESO on Tuesdays!... Just kidding.

As someone who works regularly with updates, Tuesday's, on average have the least traffic of any day of the week, which is why we usually do our updates then.

It's not deep. We're just trying to inconvenience as few users as possible.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    Because only lame people play ESO on Tuesdays!... Just kidding.

As someone who works regularly with updates, Tuesday's, on average have the least traffic of any day of the week, which is why we usually do our updates then.

It's not deep. We're just trying to inconvenience as few users as possible.

Yes. If you want a quiet day in Tamriel, visit on Tuesday.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Why...is it a problem for you?
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFS Once again ZoS are doing zero maintenance on Monday, but decide to go against their own statements and do maintenance on Tuesday, how pathetic and predictable.

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy they do it on Tuesdays right now and I'll enjoy every week they choose to do so for as long as it may happen - for years now it has been on Mondays, and thats for some jobs like mine the regular free day in the week. So yay for breaking regular patterns once in a while :)<3:)
    PC/EU
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy they do it on Tuesdays right now and I'll enjoy every week they choose to do so for as long as it may happen - for years now it has been on Mondays, and thats for some jobs like mine the regular free day in the week. So yay for breaking regular patterns once in a while :)<3:)

Completely missing the purpose of the post.

• Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go play eso instead of moping. You can do it right now, there's no maintenance today. Enjoy it ;)
    PC/EU