Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Neccesary CC immunity changes

Gravord
Gravord
✭✭✭✭✭
- Increase normal CC immunity to 15s
- cut hard CC to max 2-3s duration, undefendable 2s, rest 3s
- add separate snare/root/immobilize immunity of 7-10 seconds
- fix CC break to actually happen

Current meta is designed for fail players and fail gameplay based on hard stun+burst. Its nowhere near fun, tactical or engaging combat mmo should offer. It all goes down to simple timing 2-3 skills which one of them is almost always ultimate on hard stun and ending fight easily. Takes no player skills, effort and leave little to no counterplay when rune cage decides you cant break it off with full stam.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Wrobel
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. CC break fixes is fine, but not being able to break free enough and wanting extra cooldown is not how it should be. Its a player issue.
    Edited by ak_pvp on July 13, 2018 6:29PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

Current meta is designed for fail players and fail gameplay based on hard stun+burst. Its nowhere near fun, tactical or engaging combat mmo should offer. It all goes down to simple timing 2-3 skills which one of them is almost always ultimate on hard stun and ending fight easily. Takes no player skills, effort and leave little to no counterplay when rune cage decides you cant break it off with full stam.

While I do agree that the gameplay is aggravating because of the constant CC and ridiculous and constant burst from ultimates (nerf ulti gen plox), I don't think this is the solution. If you make CCs too short, then only the classes that can line up burst combos that all land in the CC window will prevail. Let's take a moment and think about which classes those are. But if CC's aren't frequent enough, then dealing with certain setups will also become nigh impossible. I think CC itself is in a good place, it's just server latency being suck. When I am trying to escape a herd and I get rune caged, I know I'm dead the moment I see even a hint of purple smoke, because all of the attacks coming at me have already landed anyway.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »

While I do agree that the gameplay is aggravating because of the constant CC and ridiculous and constant burst from ultimates (nerf ulti gen plox), I don't think this is the solution. If you make CCs too short, then only the classes that can line up burst combos that all land in the CC window will prevail. Let's take a moment and think about which classes those are. But if CC's aren't frequent enough, then dealing with certain setups will also become nigh impossible. I think CC itself is in a good place, it's just server latency being suck. When I am trying to escape a herd and I get rune caged, I know I'm dead the moment I see even a hint of purple smoke, because all of the attacks coming at me have already landed anyway.

Rune cage is overperforming heavily but whole game meta is based way too much around stun+burst, for almost all classes. If its not rune cage its fossil, wreck blow, flame clench or whatever else hard cc. 7s immunity is way too short and focused whole gameplay around quickly repeating burst combo on new stun, way too often and way too easy.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity should not be lengthened. I understand, to an extent, why you want this change. Sure it would make it easier to 1vX on the defensive side, but it would strengthen certain “AIDS” builds. For example, if I get dotted up and fossilized by a magdk with zaan, I gotta stun him and get out of range FAST. In 6 seconds I’ll be back on him with an offensive stun. If you were to extend the cc immunity to 15 SECONDS there is no way I’m gonna be able to keep the range I need before he gets me rooted and starts his combo again
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC immunity should not be lengthened. I understand, to an extent, why you want this change. Sure it would make it easier to 1vX on the defensive side, but it would strengthen certain “AIDS” builds. For example, if I get dotted up and fossilized by a magdk with zaan, I gotta stun him and get out of range FAST. In 6 seconds I’ll be back on him with an offensive stun. If you were to extend the cc immunity to 15 SECONDS there is no way I’m gonna be able to keep the range I need before he gets me rooted and starts his combo again

If you read my initial post you will notice root immunity in there so he cant mindlessly spam his roots and keep procs+dots going on you.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No stun should last 5 seconds of their cutting defile and snares across the board, as it stands, 5 seconds is ridiculous any way.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest thing is I feel hard CC should be broke by damage.
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont agree with the increase in cc immunity, reason being that would be a nerf against magDK, which it still needs some more love. Though I could get behind the cap on stun duration. And of coarse please ZOS fix cc breaking. It doesn't always work and that is down right infuriating when it doesn't.

Other thing I could get behind to make it a bit easier for those magic players out there is to reduce the cost of cc breaking, I could get behind that.
    Potato Pact - PC NA