Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

super noob

ngrabin
ngrabin
Soul Shriven
Hey y'all I've been looking to play this game for a few years but just didn't have the computer power enough to play it and now I do. I am looking for somebody that's willing to teach me and a run with me in this game. So if you don't mind hanging with the gamer chick and teaching her some ropes and have some fun I hope to hear from you.
Playing on pc and NA servers
Eastern time zone.
thank you,
Ladi
Edited by ngrabin on July 11, 2018 7:03PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably want to include your platform and server, and maybe take a look at the guild recruitment forums here for a friendly newbie guild. I'm guessing PC?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your PC/NA send me an email in the game to @nestor and I can get you in couple of helpful friendly and respectful guilds that will help you out. I will be on this evening after 5 central time
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ngrabin
    ngrabin
    Soul Shriven
    thank you! I made the up dates.:)
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add @Zeromaz in-game and i’ll teach you a couple things on getting hate whispers in pvp
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not on your server, but maybe these tips will help:

Outside the game, ESO Academy has really good guides if you want to learn the basics...everything from the combat system to crafting to whatever.

Here in the forums, it's helpful if you put a signature on your profile that tells us your server and (once you have a main character) your class. When you ask questions and we see these details, sometimes it helps form a response. To add a signature, click the gear next to your name in the black bar at the top, then edit profile, then signatures.

Meeting players

Post the same message in the guild recruitment forums. But include your server in the post title. Guilds are a core way to meet people. Just outline what you're looking for as best you can. You might add details like "I play on weekends and Thursday nights usually, I'm pacific time zone, I want to learn the basic PVE, etc."

Use the chat system once you're in-game. Feel free to put out a chat like 'newbie level 5 templar looking for someone to run around Auridon with. Anyone want to group up? I have no idea what I'm doing." Or pick a public dungeon (the solo dungeons made to have many people running around inside them) and put out a chat "newbie wanting to run The Vile Manse. Any experienced players running this who would group up?" The point being that there are a LOT of bored vet players who have lower level characters who will stop and run something with someone.

Cyrodiil PVP is still a great way to meet people and learn. The game is aging, and this is one of the areas that is still very social. Cyrodiil pvp-ers run in circles taking keeps and shooting things...they are not elitist, and generally do not care if you are a low level newbie who dies all the time. I advise new players to join the busiest campaign on their server, then use chat to find a group. A good group will be communicative via group chat, and you'll learn a lot from the babble. A good group will have experienced players who don't mind newbie questions about the game...there's a lot of time spent mounting around, and most players don't mind spending it explaining how an ability or mechanic works. Also, while in Cyrodiil watch the zone chat. You'll start to notice which players are very active and always in Cyrodiil. They might be in an active PVP guild...feel free to message them and ask.

For me, most of the longer term friends I made in game mostly came from PVP. But some from just running into people in other areas. It's harder to meet people now because the game is older, but the good news is that when you do meet nice people there are a lot of wealthy vet players who will be like "you need potatoes? I have 14,000 potatoes. Here, take some potatoes...no one needs this many potatoes." Lol
  • DeathStalker50
    Hey would lover to play with you and help you out if you ever need anything
  • DeathStalker50
    ngrabin wrote: »
    Hey y'all I've been looking to play this game for a few years but just didn't have the computer power enough to play it and now I do. I am looking for somebody that's willing to teach me and a run with me in this game. So if you don't mind hanging with the gamer chick and teaching her some ropes and have some fun I hope to hear from you.
    Playing on pc and NA servers
    Eastern time zone.
    thank you,
    Ladi

Wouldn't mind playing with add me I don't mind helping you out if you need it my gamer name on pc for NA @DeathStalker50
  • DeathStalker50
    Nestor wrote: »
    If your PC/NA send me an email in the game to @nestor and I can get you in couple of helpful friendly and respectful guilds that will help you out. I will be on this evening after 5 central time

Mind if I add you Nestor

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeathStalker

Sure, send me an email and I can hook you up
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"