Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Cancelling Steam and Going Directly thru Zenimax

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
I am tired of the Steam issues every single time a patch or update comes out. Cancelling Steam is easy.
My question is:
Do I need to re-buy the game thru Zenimax?
What happens to the Summserset and Morrowind expansions I bought? Do I need to re-buy them?
What happens to the items I have purchased? Do they stay with me?
I assume my character levels remain the same and aren't touched?
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the expansions, items, and characters you should still have them since they are bound to your account which is in Zenimax's system and Steam doesn't have any control over that. As for buying the game again, I don't know and that maybe something you'll want to send a message about to a ZOS employee. Since you do have an account through ZOS, you may be able to delete ESO from Steam, open you account on the ESO website, download the client, and enter your username and password but that being said, I'm not sure if that is possible or what Steam will do about it since I've never had to do it.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You’ll need to rebuy the base game. Anything you’ve purchased including chapters and crown store items will remain with you. Your level will not change. You should just buy it directly from ZOS and there shouldn’t be any issues. I did it some time ago.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not cool with shelling out more $ because ZoS/Steam don't feel like QA'ing their integration. Y'all shouldn't either, you already paid for this product.