The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampire Appearance Oddity

Wildberryjack
Wildberryjack
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a new toon this morning and he's a Vampire now. ATM he's at stage 1 and his skin, tatts, and eyes look 100% normal. They did not when he was turned, he faded like usual. I just noticed he was no longer faded a few minutes ago so I asked in chat if this was something new and everyone talked like it's always been this way, you look normal at stage 1 and start to fade as your stage is higher. But that has not been my experience, and in fact all my other Vampires at stage 1 are faded now.

Sooooooooooooooooo, I'm confused.
The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you equip a disguise or a vet dungeon skin?
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you chose to become a parasite and now you're confused?

hmmm...
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, no skin. Just a face tatt that I have on my other Vampire. No disguise either.

https://imgur.com/Df3L5Hw

Interesting. He just went to stage 2 and looked like he should, so I fed to see what would happen and he's back at stage 1 and looks faded like in the beginning when I turned him. A glitch that he looked normal as he approached stage 1 changing to stage 2?
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 30, 2018 6:18PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, I've seen this on PTS. Sometimes, a vampire won't get the appropriate skin at stage one. It's intermittent, and difficult to reproduce, but does happen rarely. I've only ever seen it with crown store bites (so, again, on the PTS, not live), but I suspect it's possible with naturally occurring bites as well.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda wish they'd make this a thing, look normal at stage 1. It would help all those who hate the faded look. I usually stay at stage 2 or 3 for the passives, so players would have to choose between looks and better passives. This guy was player bit.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on June 30, 2018 6:31PM
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That Bouyant Armiger face tattoo has some interesting effects sometimes, you can even use it to remove stripes and coloring from your argonians and khajiits.
    love is love
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get the Blackmarrow Necromancer Skin which looks kinda like a stage 0.5 with glowing tattoos.

Though, yeah, I really wish we could get vampire skins for stages 1 - 4, and a "stage 0" skin.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Bouyant Armiger face tattoo has some interesting effects sometimes, you can even use it to remove stripes and coloring from your argonians and khajiits.

That's because Argonians and Khajiit get their scale/fur patterns on the body marking slots. When you equip new body markings, it overrides the default ones.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bug I wish was a feature
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    I made a new toon this morning and he's a Vampire now. ATM he's at stage 1 and his skin, tatts, and eyes look 100% normal. They did not when he was turned, he faded like usual. I just noticed he was no longer faded a few minutes ago so I asked in chat if this was something new and everyone talked like it's always been this way, you look normal at stage 1 and start to fade as your stage is higher. But that has not been my experience, and in fact all my other Vampires at stage 1 are faded now.

when you relog it will look correct. its the same when you cure it. you still look like a vampire till you relog.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »

when you relog it will look correct. its the same when you cure it. you still look like a vampire till you relog.

I relogged several times, it remained until I hit stage 2. Unfortunately he's all faded now, kinda like it being looking 100% normal until you hit stage 2. That would be a nice change to Vampire IMO. Even his eyes were not red but the color I chose, that pretty pearly white.