The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Long load times

Odnoc
Odnoc
✭✭✭✭
Anyone else getting this? I can't even get into a dungeon because I'm kicked before I am even loaded in... Ridiculous.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been a problem for a while. Seems a little worse since Summerset. Eternal load screens or "Failed to join group", which prevents you from even porting to someone that's made it into the dungeon. Then there's the ever present "Someone declined the group invitation" when forming a group, even though no one actually declined or timed out.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen the "Failed to join" plenty, this is just the loading screen for who knows how long, let it run 5 minutes already before closing out. It's not just dungeons, but I've gotten it in delves plenty of times too.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get them too. I wish ZoS would consolidate and direct PC players to a central "long load times and disconnects" thread as they did for console issues.

• PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put the game on an SSD drive and watch the load times disappear.
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »

Running it on an M.2, the drives aren't the problem.
    Edited by TheGr8David on June 30, 2018 8:33AM
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This games performance will go down as legend for how bad it is. Game of the year several times....shows how far mmos have fallen.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Doesn't work i'm already on a SSD, and i still get long load times... Its Zos end not ours.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

I have an SSD I run all applications off of, so that's not the issue, whatever it is, it is relatively new.
    Edited by Odnoc on June 30, 2018 12:54PM
  • in2ozzy
    in2ozzy
    Soul Shriven
    this has been a regular occurrence since the game first came out, they never have got to the bottom of the problem in all that time, don't think they ever will either :(
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this has been going on since November 2017. See this main thread Gina Bruno made - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380707/main-thread-for-long-loading-screens/p1

I have been waiting and waiting for the loadscreens to go away, but actually they've gotten way worse. It used to only happen in Cyrodiil and in super populated areas but now it's porting into trials, home instances, any instance at this point. I can go grab a glass of water, come back and it's still loading me into Vvardenfell.

All they have said is the usual they're looking into it, similar to the other bugs and exploits in this game. Game performance is really a joke at this point, comparing to before Summerset and comparing to other MMOs.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep . At this point it’s just a feature to the game .
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re waiting in queues for instances or for instances to be spun up during these load screens. Total speculation. It’s not hard disk activity or disk speed. UI design 101 says to update user on what is happening to make times seem shorter. Or more tolerable.

Generally you can have an infinitely spinning icon at the least. And they do. But if your screen looks like Linux booting up while you’re loading the game, players will be okay with long wait times. If you have not watched old school Linux distro boot, then forget that analogy.

To simply state what is happening would solve most of this psychologically. “Looking for instance, found instance!, queuing for instance, reticulating splines, negotiating connection, etc”

Just make some of it up. Make it sound technical. Maxis figured this out. Bonus points for seeing Maxis reference above. ;)