The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nirn/precise/sharpend

Beruge
Beruge
✭✭✭
When is nirn, sharpend and precise most beneficial? Considering both pve and pvp
My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm I believe nirn is still most beneficial as your main hand weapon always for both PvP and PvE as a melee DPS. It both produces the most damage and boosts your heals. If you’re going duel wield your off hand can be infused, or really any DPS trait unless you’re concerned about min/max. You will probably see more magicka builds running infused staves as apposed to nirn.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 29, 2018 11:20PM
  • Beruge
    Beruge
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Atm I believe nirn is still most beneficial as your main hand weapon always for both PvP and PvE as a melee DPS. It both produces the most damage and boosts your heals. If you’re going duel wield your off hand can be infused, or really any DPS trait unless you’re concerned about min/max. You will probably see more magicka builds running infused staves as apposed to nirn.

Im considering running elf bane, lich and zaan/valkyn/grothdar. Will infused be the best choice for elf bane inferno? i assume with oblivion damage glyph
    My youtube channel: Beruge Casualgaming
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned. Just gives you straight weapon/spell damage. Sharpened's been nerfed heavily, so no one really uses it anymore. Maybe precise on like a resto staff for crit heals, but otherwise it's not really used either.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, Nirn.

Precise is useless in PVP as anybody worth killing is in full impen. Precise, like basically all crit bonuses, is also generally not high enough in magnitude to be worthwhile in PVE either. It is my understanding that in best case scenario. ie 100% warhorn + other crit buffs and crit heavy CP loadout precise can almost be worthwhile but scenarios are never best case so precise is not advised really for anyone, ever. Precise was going to make some sense for specific PVE builds a few patches ago but they freaked out, nerfed it before live, and it's worthless for everything now.

Sharp is best when you are not at full penetration on the target you are attacking. This is tricky as that target changes all the time and sharp, like precise, has no effect at all on shields. So, if your raid group has trash buffs maybe this makes sense and it may make some sense on some opponents in PVP but it will change from opponent to opponent. The best PVP players right now do tend to be high armor rating stam toons (no sheilds) so sharp might not be a bad choice for that.

Nirn is effective against all types of targets all the time. It might not be the best all the time but it is always good.

I should also mention that many, if not most, PVE players are running infused these days. It is considered BIS by most.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PVE nirn wins hands down.

In PVP it either nirn or sharpened, depends if CP or No-CP. In No-CP sharpened worked better for me as you do not have the penetration from CP there and these days people seems to stack heavy armor more.
  • phillyproduct
    phillyproduct
    ✭✭✭
    Nirn over everything the real choice 2 me is what type of weps your using ie maul or sword or axe
    CP-750 orc nighblade ebonheart NA
    Dark elf sorc ebonheart
    Orc templar
    Dark elf Dragon knight
    Redguard warden

Vet CoA saved the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S616Dhc2Yu4