The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tel Galen and Morrowind Anniversary Items

BreakdownX98
BreakdownX98
✭✭
So Morrowind is my favorite dlc for ESO and I feel ZOS is missing a great oppurtunity to celebrate its 1 year in-game. I know alot of people who missed Tel Galen and Naryu's outfit, peronality, and hairstyle. Will ZOS ever bring these items back. I know no crown store houses have came back in store, so my hope is kinda diminished.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inb4 someone whines about how these need to stay "exclusive".

Come on, ZOS, do the right thing and give newer players a chance.

And I say this as someone who already bought the Naryu hair and personality.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'd think they would have an anniversary event since they have them for smaller dlc, but so far it doesn't look like they will. I hope I'm wrong though and that they do because I reeeaaally want a lot of those things, and wasn't around when they were available last year.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have those things so I don’t mind them staying exclusive ;) but I know how much it sucks missing out on exclusive content... tel Galen is my main house
    Argonian Master Race
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really enjoy seeing the Lord Vivec's Furnishing pack be offered for a limited time again in July. Would be a nice way to celebrate Morrowind's one year anniversary through the crown store - rerelease the digital content for a week or weekend.

And, do something in the zone for a week. Maybe double nodes, double treasure chests, or something along those lines.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased time-limited stuff way back, and now I am happy to have something exclusive which not everyone has. I spent my money on it knowing exactly what was offered. Make everything available again? What a hit in the face of all of us who bought it way back. No thanks. In WoW for example cosmetic stuff and even certain achievements are never ever coming back. And you know what? It makes characters unique. In regards of homes, well this may be a different story but just after one year? Come on, stay around for 4 more years then we can talk about another shot time-limited window for you.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    I purchased time-limited stuff way back, and now I am happy to have something exclusive which not everyone has. I spent my money on it knowing exactly what was offered. Make everything available again? What a hit in the face of all of us who bought it way back. No thanks. In WoW for example cosmetic stuff and even certain achievements are never ever coming back. And you know what? It makes characters unique. In regards of homes, well this may be a different story but just after one year? Come on, stay around for 4 more years then we can talk about another shot time-limited window for you.

I only started playing in Jan so thanks for your selfishness :*
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Adernath They're already reselling things that were previously exclusives. The Morrowind Collector's Edition stuff can now be purchased in the Crown Store.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

I only started playing in Jan so thanks for your selfishness :*

I believe that people who demand to get previously sold time-limited items or Collector's Edition stuff are similar selfish. They ignore that others spent their money as these things were offered as highly valuable being 'time-limited'.
    weedgenius wrote: »

@Adernath They're already reselling things that were previously exclusives. The Morrowind Collector's Edition stuff can now be purchased in the Crown Store.

That doesn't mean that I agree with that, and it shouldn't be extended to everything else.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a time limited McRib from McDonalds last year and was so mad when they re-released the same sandwich a year later. Never buying an "exclusive" McRib again.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a time limited McRib from McDonalds last year and was so mad when they re-released the same sandwich a year later. Never buying an "exclusive" McRib again.

Indeed you should choose more intelligently. My exclusive items are still there and valuable, your McRib is turned to s. in the meantime.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    i too place great importance in and even define myself by owning electronic dollhouses
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I purchased time-limited stuff way back, and now I am happy to have something exclusive which not everyone has. I spent my money on it knowing exactly what was offered. Make everything available again? What a hit in the face of all of us who bought it way back.

It's only a hit in the face if you purchased it specifically with the intent of lording it over people whose money is apparently not as good as yours and now cannot get it. If you bought it because you liked it then others also having it makes zero difference.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased time-limited stuff way back, and now I am happy to have something exclusive which not everyone has. I spent my money on it knowing exactly what was offered. Make everything available again? What a hit in the face of all of us who bought it way back.

It's only a hit in the face if you purchased it specifically with the intent of lording it over people whose money is apparently not as good as yours and now cannot get it. If you bought it because you liked it then others also having it makes zero difference.

So much this!
  • Lygatto
    Lygatto
    ✭✭
    Speaking as someone who's purchased the Naryu's Assassin Armor outfit and the Adorable Assassin hairstyle, I'd also love to see the limited-time Morrowind items back in the Crown Store for its anniversary! I've heard a fairly large demand for both, as well as the Tel Galen home. It seems silly not to take advantage of the opportunity.

Additionally, I must admit that I REALLY want the Brassy Assassin personality. I didn't have the funds on-hand for it last year, and it's the only item that I need to complete the Naryu set! </3 Though it only includes a handful of animations, it would be absolutely perfect for a few snarkier characters I've written up.

Re-introducing them to the crown store would result in assured sales, from persons new and old!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using limited-time offers to create artificial scarcity and drive up demand for digital items with a virtually unlimited supply is bad enough. But when customers actually buy into this manipulation enough to object to the items becoming available once more (and for a limited time, at that!), well, that's just embarrassing.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on July 2, 2018 8:21AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Honestly if you buy anything in a game because you're hoping that someone else will care that you've got it you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The best you're likely to get is occasionally someone will stop as they're running past and you can imagine that maybe they've stopped to look at you rather than to answer the phone or get a drink or whatever.

It's much better to buy things because you like them, then you can enjoy using them no matter who else is around. And if you see someone else with the same thing? Cool! They like it too!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    I would welcome them to come back.
    I can't even imagine the money i would have spend on Crownstore Items if they were still available.

Seriously tho.. Time Exclusive content is the cancer of nowadays Online Games.
    Just stop it and make them available permanently.

You still make money AND have happy customers.. what's the problem with that?

Not really the same, but i remember CDProjectRed warned people to not buy their Witcher 3 Season Pass immerdiately when it came out - because they didn't want people to impulse buy it.

While with ZOS we have another company solely trying to rely on missusing human emotions to their advantage in order to make fast money.
    Edited by Aiko on July 2, 2018 12:22PM
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Log into the game, what do you see? Literally everyone wants to look somehow special. Call it "lording over people" or whatever, you will not deny its plain fact that the vast majority is following that path. Maybe you are not taking part of it, but many many do. Having a special look trying to shine out of the masses lay in our nature. I don't see this so negatively as you or others do, its just normal for me.

Also the issue is not that those people want to purchase something because they didn't had the money back then, but mainly because they were not around as these things became available.

It is very common in many games that long term supporters have special things which are no longer obtainable. And I believe that is a good thing. It makes people look special. I too do not have certain things which I would purchase now, but I don't come to the forum and QQ about it.

If you or others are around longer, you will have the opportunity to purchase something really nice, I am sure of it.

Edited by Adernath on July 2, 2018 6:17PM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having a special look trying to shine out of the masses lay in our nature. I don't see this so negatively as you or others do, its just normal for me.

So you want to look better than "the masses" and derive enjoyment from other players noticing your appearance, perhaps asking you where to get the hair/emote/whatever, and you being able to tell them "you can't, you missed it". Sorry but I don't think that makes you a very nice individual.

It is very common in many games that long term supporters have special things which are no longer obtainable.

Many things are common. That does not make them right.

If you or others are around longer, you will have the opportunity to purchase something really nice, I am sure of it.

No matter what I purchase and how "special" I think it makes me look, I will always support the right of other people to purchase it as well without this artificial scarcity nonsense. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and if someone ever thinks I look so good that they go out and copy me, I'll know I've done something right.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a special look trying to shine out of the masses lay in our nature. I don't see this so negatively as you or others do, its just normal for me.

So you want to look better than "the masses" and derive enjoyment from other players noticing your appearance, perhaps asking you where to get the hair/emote/whatever, and you being able to tell them "you can't, you missed it". Sorry but I don't think that makes you a very nice individual.

I am not sure if we play the same game. This is a horizontal progression game, gear and appearance is much more important for more people than you think. Everywhere I go people are running around with exotic mounts and dyes. What agenda do you think they are trying to pursuit if not giving their characters a unique look?

As I said, I don't see that as negative and don't care by myself if I did miss something in the past. But you should consider that If you want to have everything available, you ignore that there are people out there who are proud showing their Imgakin Monkey for example. Ask yourself if that makes you a nice individual. By making everything available this would not only kill the little history of 4 years ESO fashion and many unique character appearances, but turn the game finally into a pure online shop where the rich people can just purchase and copy every outfit. Nothing is unique, doesn't matter if you played long enough and can show it proudly, all would just be a matter of how big your wallet is. No thanks this vision of the game is horrible!

In my opinion, if something should ever return, it has to be decided very very carefully on a case by case basis.

No matter what I purchase and how "special" I think it makes me look, I will always support the right of other people to purchase it as well without this artificial scarcity nonsense. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and if someone ever thinks I look so good that they go out and copy me, I'll know I've done something right.

You can pretend here you are not selfish etc, but in fact you are pursuing your own agenda by taking this stance and try to make others look bad who have a different view. Anyways, I accept you have a different opinion than me and that likely won't change.
    Edited by Adernath on July 2, 2018 11:53PM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exclusivity is ridiculous. If the primary value you place on something is that other people don't have it and you do, it's worthless and you just have a self-esteem problem. Taking financial advantage of an absurd attitude is shady af. Bring stuff back for new players, ZOS.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if we play the same game. This is a horizontal progression game, gear and appearance is much more important for more people than you think. Everywhere I go people are running around with exotic mounts and dyes. What agenda do you think they are trying to pursuit if not giving their characters a unique look?

Sure, everyone likes having a distinctive look for their character, something that they think looks good. But let's not kid ourselves; nothing is unique in this game, not even the super-special exclusive hair you want to keep to yourself so badly. Certainly not the flavour-of-the-month exotic mounts and other items.
    As I said, I don't see that as negative and don't care by myself if I did miss something in the past. But you should consider that If you want to have everything available, you ignore that there are people out there who are proud showing their Imgakin Monkey for example.

I still don't understand what this "pride" consists of: that you happened to take out your credit card when a particular item was in the store? I'm sorry, but that isn't exactly a noteworthy achievement. An achievement is a rare skin or other item you earned by completing a difficult trial, not playing the game longer than someone else. This seems to be more about the feeling of superiority of having something another person cannot get for nonsense reasons, rather than the illusion of a "unique" look for your character or the "history" of ESO.

Furthermore, they never said that things like Naryu's hair or personality were "exclusive" items never to be seen again; they were simply offered for a time without any promise they would never be offered again. As such, they can and probably will bring them back whenever they want to without any explanation.

This "you cannot play with MY toys!" attitude should have stayed in elementary school, and it's one of the toxic aspects of online gaming.

/someone who has played since Beta and has many currently unavailable items.
    Edited by Ghanima_Atreides on July 3, 2018 6:39AM
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would kill for the return of Naryus stuff, would be perfect for my Dark elf MagBlade. Please ZOS, its in so much high demand! I know alot of people who want them as well!
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly wouldn't mind if the Naryu outfit and hairstyle came back in crown crates. I got enough gems for free so...
    Already a happy owner of Tel Galen.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in this idea of limited releases being binned. Its awful and just pisses players off. ZOS are blatantly price gouging with it and thats totally transparent and ***. It would also mean the crownstore would have things in it rather than just bloody crown crates (You *** do realise lots of people don't want to gamble?).
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, everyone likes having a distinctive look for their character, something that they think looks good. But let's not kid ourselves; nothing is unique in this game, not even the super-special exclusive hair you want to keep to yourself so badly. Certainly not the flavour-of-the-month exotic mounts and other items.
    As I said, I don't see that as negative and don't care by myself if I did miss something in the past. But you should consider that If you want to have everything available, you ignore that there are people out there who are proud showing their Imgakin Monkey for example.

I still don't understand what this "pride" consists of: that you happened to take out your credit card when a particular item was in the store? I'm sorry, but that isn't exactly a noteworthy achievement. An achievement is a rare skin or other item you earned by completing a difficult trial, not playing the game longer than someone else. This seems to be more about the feeling of superiority of having something another person cannot get for nonsense reasons, rather than the illusion of a "unique" look for your character or the "history" of ESO.

Furthermore, they never said that things like Naryu's hair or personality were "exclusive" items never to be seen again; they were simply offered for a time without any promise they would never be offered again. As such, they can and probably will bring them back whenever they want to without any explanation.

This "you cannot play with MY toys!" attitude should have stayed in elementary school, and it's one of the toxic aspects of online gaming.

Just wanted to acknowledge this post. Cracking out your visa is not an achievement and ZOS need to have this drilled into their tiny money grabbing heads that you cannot equate spending money and achievement. Its disgusting that ZOS try and muddy the waters between the two. Buying something is not unlocking anything and there is no 'showing off' of what you have purchased. THERE IS NO SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT FROM SPENDING RL MONEY IN A BLOODY VIDEO GAME!

They've turned into an EA tribute act, and not on account of their success...

PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to acknowledge this post. Cracking out your visa is not an achievement and ZOS need to have this drilled into their tiny money grabbing heads that you cannot equate spending money and achievement. Its disgusting that ZOS try and muddy the waters between the two. Buying something is not unlocking anything and there is no 'showing off' of what you have purchased. THERE IS NO SENSE OF ACHIEVEMENT FROM SPENDING RL MONEY IN A BLOODY VIDEO GAME!

I do not consider it as an achievement as well, but as an acknowledgment for long-term supporters.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do not consider it as an achievement as well, but as an acknowledgment for long-term supporters.

Has nothing to do with long term support. These are not rewards based the length of time played, just an indication that you were in the right place at the right time when something was in the Crown Store. You could have played for a week at just the time these items showed up and got them, while someone who had played since launch could have been taking a break from the game at that time and missed them.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has nothing to do with long term support. These are not rewards based the length of time played, just an indication that you were in the right place at the right time when something was in the Crown Store. You could have played for a week at just the time these items showed up and got them, while someone who had played since launch could have been taking a break from the game at that time and missed them.

Jeez do you have any idea how such things are done in mmo's? There is usually an advertisement to purchase a bundle or an expansion pack, or pre-order something and you gain unique features for it. And these things are usually not showing up later because their uniqueness is part of the damn reward. Of course its not based on how long people are playing... it is based on whether you support the game at the right time - in ESO this is also very predictable, you have advertisements and usually an e-mail and a blog. People who take a break nonetheless and don't support the game any further are consequently not rewarded. Thats why I was referring to long-term supporters. Very simple. Welcome to the internet.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

those cosmetic stuff are earned doing hard work in the game, you earned these crown store items by just pulling out your wallet