The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to log in past the Character Select screen

Merina
Merina
✭✭
Have never experienced this problem until last night, but now I am able to login to my account, but cannot enter the game as any of my characters. It gives me "Requesting Character Load..." when I attempt to connect before kicking me back to the main login screen with "An error has occured. Please wait a few minutes and try again."

So far I have tried:
Running the ESO launcher's repair tool
Restarting my PC
Restarting my modem/router
Turning off all my addons
Putting my Addons and SavedVariables folders into a backup and allowing ESO to create new ones

I highly doubt it's a port forwarding issue since I haven't altered anything in my setup and my Internet connection has been stable using other programs. Any idea what my problem might be?
  • rickralsten
    rickralsten
    Soul Shriven
    Exact same problem here. Occasionally it will let me on (usually if I select an alt) but the server will be super laggy and unresponsive and it will disconnect me after a very short time.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto
    forever stuck in combat
  • lizhogancampb14_ESO
    lizhogancampb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am having this same issue. A couple times I was able to have the characters load in, but got kicked shortly after.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone stuck at "Requesting Character Load..." when loading your character, there is additional troubleshooting in the thread linked below that may help resolve your issue.

Stuck on Char Load
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Merina
    Merina
    ✭✭
    EDIT: It would seem that a hard reset of my system has cleared it up (for now)
    Edited by Merina on June 28, 2018 7:46PM
  • mayorez
    mayorez
    ✭✭
    The game constantly crashes today after playing for only a couple minutes. This has never happened to me before but it is getting very annoying. I have reset my system and ran speed tests on my equipment. Everything is running at optimal settings...except the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.