The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Housing Feature Expansion Request

Shivermore
Shivermore
Soul Shriven
Currently, we can all individually own a home and open it up so that guild mates, friends, etc. can enter. Housing done in this way gives limited utility for guilds in that you can use crafting stations, access a sell only (no repair) NPC, and access a personal bank only (no guild) NPC. Can we get the following housing features implemented:
1. permission set to allow use of chests
2. permission set to allow others to place, move, remove decorative items
3. expanded vendors with the ability to repair gear
4. a banker with all the same options as a town banker
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: 1. Housing storage already exists. There are coffers and chests that you can get from the Writ Vendor Rolis Hlaalu.

• Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re: 1. Housing storage already exists. There are coffers and chests that you can get from the Writ Vendor Rolis Hlaalu.

I think they may have meant allowing others to use the chests. As it currently stands, even if I give someone decorator permission in my home, they cannot access the storage chest(s) I have placed there. This is a great security feature, but limits their usefulness for Guild Halls.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild Halls are useless until they address the abysmal player caps problem. After repeatedly saying they are "looking at it" they've failed to actually DO anything about it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can understand the reason behind the banker not giving access to the guild bank. That would require more communication between the home instance and the main game. But the merchant not being able to repair seems petty. You can create items at your home, upgrade them, and deconstruct them, repair them with a repair kit, so why can't the merchant do it? It can't be a gold issue, or the banker wouldn't be able to handle gold, either.

Multi-player chests are the same thing as guild bankers. Keeping the house content account-only, as is the restriction that only the player can add or remove furnishings.

However, i'd like to see a mechanism for a pool of unused furnishings for a home. Other characters could move item in and out of that, without changing what's in the home furnishing list. Anything in it would have to be part of the slot limit, of course.