How much gold cost improve Jewelry to epic and legendary?

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
I have 2 rings and 1 necklace in blue that i would like to upgrade to epic and then maybe to legendary, but i'm not sure if the prices i see in the guilds bank are true because they are like crazy. Can anyone tell what would be the price around?
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 x Zircon Plating = 84-88k

So for 3 pieces to epic you are looking at over 250k. PC EU that is. I don't expect the prices to go (much) lower soon.

You don't want to know the price to make even one piece legendary ;)
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sad to know .

Stupid system .
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So for 3 pieces to epic you are looking at over 250k. PC EU that is. I don't expect the prices to go (much) lower soon.

250k ???????????????????? I'm a casual player how to hell im going to get that money if my wife let me play only 2 days in the week?????!!!!!
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

250k ???????????????????? I'm a casual player how to hell im going to get that money if my wife let me play only 2 days in the week?????!!!!!

Leave her
    Options
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to sell your soul to Molag Bal to upgrade jewelry to legendary. Even then it is only 1 piece, not 3.
    Options
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

now there's a L2P issue if i've ever seen one.
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it cost an arm and a leg. But look on the bright side, that mean one less jewelry to worry about. Every cloud, eh?
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait. JC is new.

Beyond min maxxing or OCD its only a small gain. Wait until mats come down and just do it later. Leading edge costs money, that's standard.

It's probably easier to just go grind the items you have in Purple...
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Droprate is abysmal. So low supply and high demand leads to this nonsense. Until ZOS improves droprate it won't go down much.
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »

Maybe, i just play 2 days in the week, of course there are many things and don't know and many others i can't afford, like spend the only days i have in grinding like a tard.
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, i just play 2 days in the week, of course there are many things and don't know and many others i can't afford, like spend the only days i have in grinding like a tard.

oh i meant it maybe more literally, since you said you are allowing your play time to be restricted and that instead learning to play would help you just to actually play. sometimes i think i'm funny.
    Options
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Prices and implementation of jewelry crafting is fine"

giphy.gif
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and like 2,500,000+ gold to make jewerly gold (3 items).
    :*
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After weeks of playing Summerset, I do not know anybody able to create a golden ring or improve a purple ring to golden. ZOS sold us a feature that probably 99% of the players cannot use... I really tried and brought three of my chars to full Jewellery crafting Level 50, I farmed a lot of material and I am doing daily writs - but so far collected no gold material at all...

Edited by BalticBlues on June 25, 2018 11:18AM
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implementation of jewelry crafting is a bigger fail than outfitting and housing. And that's saying something.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, all that jewellery craft really added was some new traits and a use for surplus transmute stones
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One chromium plating is 130k+ atm. So you’re looking at 1,040,000 gold for the 8 platings you need for improving from purple to legendary. For 1 piece of jewelry.
    Edited by Feanor on June 25, 2018 11:55AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be honest, you would not benefit much from having gold or even purple jewelry. People that play casually like you just need sets. The reason to have gold jewelry is to get that extra 1-2%ore stats, that mean killing a trial boss that has 90,000,000 health faster, taking you average DPS in vet trials that has ~50k DPS do that 1-2% more, ie 500-1000 more DPS, taking a fight that would be 10 minutes to 9:30 seconds.
    Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After weeks of playing Summerset, I do not know anybody able to create a golden ring or improve a purple ring to golden.
    Probably because those who are leveled up realize staying on Summerset is a problem.

I only started JC last week and already up to level 25. I take the rings from my weekday dolmen runs and break them down. Daily writs just started opening up, so I'm doing those now (currently with silver items).

I'm not sure why people are complaining about drop rates. Head to Betnikh island. There's a pattern anyone can follow near the north part of the island, and it's easy to grab 200+ seams (for me, it's Platinum and Silver currently) in an hour. I only break down just enough to do my daily, as I need to unlock the skill to get better refinement.

Though, not that this really matters considering ZoS' definition of "master" is "Hey, let's go ahead and refine these items but only get a 0.0025% rate of return on expert resins."

This game seriously pisses me off sometimes.

Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the prices that is the problem, it's the stupid system requiring 10x more materials than any other crafting profession....

GG.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about drop rates. Head to Betnikh island. There's a pattern anyone can follow near the north part of the island, and it's easy to grab 200+ seams (for me, it's Platinum and Silver currently) in an hour.
    The problem is not about getting the basic material, there is plenty of it. But after weeks of playing with three Level 50 crafters I did not even make enough refined purple material to create just a purple ring, and I have not yet collected anything golden at all. The prices for the ultra-rare gold mats accordingly are in the millions just to create one golden ring.

Accordingly, Jewellery Crafting currently is nonsense.

If you want gold Jewellery, buy it at the Golden vendor.
    Everything else is a waste of your time and money.

Edited by BalticBlues on June 25, 2018 11:55AM
    Options
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about drop rates. Head to Betnikh island. There's a pattern anyone can follow near the north part of the island, and it's easy to grab 200+ seams (for me, it's Platinum and Silver currently) in an hour.
    The problem is not about getting the basic material, there is plenty of it. But after weeks of playing with three Level 50 crafters I did not even make enough refined purple material to create just a purple ring, and I have not yet collected anything golden at all. The prices for the ultra-rare gold mats accordingly are in the millions just to create one golden ring.

And why is that? Because the moment news about JC broke the community went bonkers.
    "Noone is going into vet anymore because you can just upgrade the blues from normal".
    "This officially killed vet trials".
    "There is no need to do dungeons anymore, I can just craft set rings".
    "This will totally kill endgame".

blablabla. And people had a point. If upgrades were cheap there would indeed be no real need for endgame stuff, as you could just farm normal modes and upgrade. Obviously that logic is severly flawed on several levels (like leaving out the challenge part etc.) but people had a point.

So how do you keep gold upgrades rare and keep people in vet dungeons/trials?
    Well you make the mats expensive as ****.

People still don´t fully grasp the upgrade system. You don´t need gold gear. Someone here said its a very minor upgrade for very endgame players. The people that shave off a few seconds on a score run to get top rank. Thats what gold gear mostly is for. And if you are one of these players you can usually afford these upgrades. If you are playing twice a week you don´t need gold gear. It´s just not for you.

To give you an analogy:
    Just because Ferrari exists it does not mean you need it for your daily commute. Yet people complain that they cant afford a Ferrari.
    Options
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 rings and 1 necklace in blue that i would like to upgrade to epic and then maybe to legendary, but i'm not sure if the prices i see in the guilds bank are true because they are like crazy. Can anyone tell what would be the price around?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/02/2a/ce/022ace7175624c75220027ec07b6a249.jpg
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why is that? Because the moment news about JC broke the community went bonkers.
    "Noone is going into vet anymore because you can just upgrade the blues from normal".
    "This officially killed vet trials".
    "There is no need to do dungeons anymore, I can just craft set rings".
    "This will totally kill endgame".

blablabla. And people had a point. If upgrades were cheap there would indeed be no real need for endgame stuff, as you could just farm normal modes and upgrade. Obviously that logic is severly flawed on several levels (like leaving out the challenge part etc.) but people had a point.

So how do you keep gold upgrades rare and keep people in vet dungeons/trials?
    Well you make the mats expensive as ****.

People still don´t fully grasp the upgrade system. You don´t need gold gear. Someone here said its a very minor upgrade for very endgame players. The people that shave off a few seconds on a score run to get top rank. Thats what gold gear mostly is for. And if you are one of these players you can usually afford these upgrades. If you are playing twice a week you don´t need gold gear. It´s just not for you.

To give you an analogy:
    Just because Ferrari exists it does not mean you need it for your daily commute. Yet people complain that they cant afford a Ferrari.

You need to understand that it is not only about gold, the drop rates for green and blue upgrade material is also abysmal.
    But I am starting to see more bots on the starter islands so price may come down soon. smh
    Edited by TequilaFire on June 25, 2018 12:46PM
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wah.
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The mat requirements are absurd. I've flushed my enthusiasm down the crapper.
    Options
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    ive been selling all of my crom plating for around 120k each, most are asking 140-150 each, no one in their right mind is going to pay 1.4m per ring or neck, gold has a very very very little adv over purple

zos goal is to sell a ton of their gold rings for 250k which is wtf over priced as well

Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to prices on EU-PC, 800-850K. I will just do one for the achievement when I have enough and that's it. I will craft some purple jewels for use/sale for the other perquisites. From purple to gold you gain like 20-30 weapon/spell damage at most so it's not really worth it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry crafting(and upgrading) is very impractical and expensive with insignificant return. You should use JC as a middleman for transmuting your existing rings and necklaces.
    Options