The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lure Allure nerfed?

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
The double fish was a really nice add to a highly expensive recipe to make (since Clam Gholl is pretty rare)... but no more double fish? So now the value of this recipe appears null and void??

I find this odd... can anyone from ZOS suggest as to why this was changed? You turned a positive into a negative. I fail to see why.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's supposed to increase the chance for rare fish now.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    The double fish was a really nice add to a highly expensive recipe to make (since Clam Gholl is pretty rare)... but no more double fish? So now the value of this recipe appears null and void??

I find this odd... can anyone from ZOS suggest as to why this was changed? You turned a positive into a negative. I fail to see why.

they said it was a bug which is nice voice of oh we dont want yall having this buff take this one instead.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes:

"Fixed an issue that caused the Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl to double the number of fish you receive under certain circumstances. The intended effect is that this food increases your chances to acquire rare fish, similar to the bonus that occurs when another player is fishing from the same fishing hole."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415850/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-0-7
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

they said it was a bug which is nice voice of oh we dont want yall having this buff take this one instead.

Considering it only worked in very specific circumstances (1 other bobber had to be in the fish pool when you fished it up, if there were more of less, it didn't work) I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DamenAJ wrote: »

Considering it only worked in very specific circumstances (1 other bobber had to be in the fish pool when you fished it up, if there were more of less, it didn't work) I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch.

no it could work solo too.
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭

Never did for me, and I used it for an hour before getting a fishfriend to help. When 3 people joined it didn't work, when solo it didn't work, when the other person pulled their bobber out before me it didn't work.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Never did for me, and I used it for an hour before getting a fishfriend to help. When 3 people joined it didn't work, when solo it didn't work, when the other person pulled their bobber out before me it didn't work.

it wasnt as frequent as having someone with you fishing but it worked and got you double yield my guild thought it was great. and zos was like oh nope nevermind about that awesome food update were retracting that.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but unfortunately were now only able to get special fish faster for achievements which again killed fishing as even being a thought of fun.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that they made the food to increase the chance of obtaining a rare fish, however I still think it would have been nice if they made it occasionally reward two fish as well. Let's face it though, catching two fish with one cast of the line... well I've never done it in real life, never seen anyone do it and only heard of a single instance a guy was reeling in a fish and another, larger fish, ate the one on his hook.

It's not very realistic catching multiple fish at the same time unless you're using multiple rods, which I think they need to add. You already have fishing poles throughout the world shoved into the ground. Would be nice if we could set multiple lines in the water and activate the poles as they get bites.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that they made the food to increase the chance of obtaining a rare fish, however I still think it would have been nice if they made it occasionally reward two fish as well. Let's face it though, catching two fish with one cast of the line... well I've never done it in real life, never seen anyone do it and only heard of a single instance a guy was reeling in a fish and another, larger fish, ate the one on his hook.

It's not very realistic catching multiple fish at the same time unless you're using multiple rods, which I think they need to add. You already have fishing poles throughout the world shoved into the ground. Would be nice if we could set multiple lines in the water and activate the poles as they get bites.

My favorite quote ever... "It's not very realistic caching multiple fish at the same time"... but staves that shoot fire, half lion/eagles flying around, spiders that are 10 times the size of humans - all of those things could totally happen... LOL! (Just pulling your leg btw).