The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many Crowns-only homes have you bought?

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m curious how many players actually buy these. The homes in question are only purchaseable with Crowns. This includes:
• Earthtear Cavern
• Grand Topal Hideaway
• Tel Galen
• Pariah’s Pinnacle
• The Erstwhile Sanctuary
• Linchal Grand Manor
• The Observatory Prior
• Princely Dawnlight Palace
• Colossal Aldmeri Grotto (eventually)

How many (if any) of these homes have you bought?

How many Crowns-only homes have you bought? 440 votes

None (0)
74%
laurajfomegatay_ESOvailjohn_ESOMoloch1514SynozeerSlurgOakmontowls_ESOarasysb14_ESOBelegnolecalitrumanb14_ESOotis67GreyleafChuck_FinleyEsha76Cpt_TeemoOsteosmilkboxWhiteCoatSyndromewenchmore420b14_ESOMady 329 votes
15%
SolarikenSantieClawsAimoraLark82jangular.khaarib16_ESOknoxcoshaneMattock_RomulusWingjevans1342nub18_ESOashigrayAjaxandrielmalchiorPocketNovaDagoth_RacfeyiiManwithBeard9LylithkamimarkHymzirDarkmage1337 69 votes
4%
Sorianaashenehb14_ESODarcyMardinSkoomahLinaleahAlnilamEUrQuanGarishMissBizzZenzukipod88kkCaff32inked1TasearKuramas9tailsStormahawkmesmerizedishLuthivarOblivionNWKingslayer513 20 votes
1%
DaiKahnAmourJhalinDPShiroDBZVelenaMAEKAurieHippie4927 8 votes
0%
rotaugen454bellatrixedAdernath 3 votes
0%
MilwaukeeScott 1 vote
0%
Sporvan 1 vote
0%
YulsJesQu 2 votes
0%
ApostusNemisisNaxus911 2 votes
9 (when Colossal Aldmeri Grotto launches)
1%
NeoXanthusHiLyfe808Kevin_of_Devinshireajm1946Charliff1966 5 votes
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    None that are crown only, but I only buy houses with crowns as I'm not a trader but I am a subscriber. I have 9 or 10 across two accounts, some pre-furnished and some for me to furnish. Plus the free inn rooms on both accounts, of course.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope....not taking the bait on this one.

The last time I talked about buying a House, or spending Money on Crown crates I got followed in game and harassed by the Militant front People Assaulting Whoever Spends

The first rule of the crown store is no one talks about the crown store.

At least until the community Management actually grows a spine and starts offering consequences to the harassers.

Edited by Rain_Greyraven on June 23, 2018 10:09PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    The time limited homes I have wanted aren’t for sale long enough. I’m not sure why there needs to be any time limit. I never visit other people’s homes so I never feel envy that they have an “exclusive” one.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    Only use gold.

I used crowns for DLC purchases, a few mounts, and banker (saving for merchant now) I practically only use crowns from ESO+ when I'm subbed (I unsubbed for 2 months to "pay" for Summerset)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have ESO+ and looking at the price of Crowns in the store I'll forgo the Crown only houses and buy what I can with gold. There is enough housing in this game that it could take years to buy and decorate everything that is available in the base game.
    Edited by Alinhbo_Tyaka on June 23, 2018 11:27PM
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    I only have one home, as I'm not overly enthusiastic about housing in games.

But because gold purchase of the witch's coven home was un-lockable through an achievement, I found that entertaining to... well, achieve.

I will admit I did grow to like decorating the house though. I have considered buying more property, but I'm too backed up on other things I want to do than to spend time decorating another house.
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing is pretty much all I spend my ESO+ crowns on (other than gifting). I've also purchased other houses with crowns so I could get them furnished, and to save my gold for other things. For me, I consider the banker and merchant "housing", as I have them in my home, and pretty much never use them anywhere else.
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    I have the manor just outside of Riften and it suits me just fine. Large enough to be comfortable, right next to Riften and I like the Nord architecture.

Earthtear keeps catching my eye, but it's hard to justify such a large home for a relatively lone wolf type of character.

What I would LOVE to see is an option to own a home that is also a ship! It could be just off an island - like Summerset or Morrowind; perhaps even off of Hew's Bane or The Gold Coast. Several options where this could be placed, actually.

Even docked outside of Riften would be nice...

In any case, it would be a great addition to the options out there currently.
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    None and not going. Housing is good gold sink but complete fail for real money spending...
    Almost no functionality, almost no fun.
    You can not place NPC's. can not sleep in beds, your pets can not move in house, you can not place your alts in house, set their behavior and all this stuff making housing meaningful and entertaining. No damn SIMS.

10-20-30k crowns for empty space? I'm stupid, but not so.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None (0)
    Crown houses are to expensive and i have better things to spend my monthly 1500 crowns on. They need to reduce the price of all crown houses by at least 50% and make them always available before i will take an interest.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing has to strike a balance between matching the flavor of my character roster and appealing to my personal preferences. For me, many of the crown instances have been interesting locations but not really what I'd consider a residence.

Linchal was probably the closest I came to buying one.
    signing off
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None (0)
    Only buy homes with gold
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    #dontsupportthegreed
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    The houses just don't seem like they're worth the money to me. For the same price as a house I could get lots of better stuff.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    None I think they are a waste of money I have the ones earned from gold but none are big houses too busy questing and earning achievements/Titles and inbetween levelling up new alt and trying new class & abilities .
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time I talked about buying a House, or spending Money on Crown crates I got followed in game and harassed by the Militant front People Assaulting Whoever Spends

At least until the community Management actually grows a spine and starts offering consequences to the harassers.

This one does not judge. Please support game more.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't spend real world extra monies...but the instant Earthtear cavern was announced, I plotted and planned. It was a "taxmas" gift to myself, the decor and furnishings have evolved over the last year or so, and I enjoy sharing with friends and guildmates. I wish I could visit in real life!
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)

You don't want to get harassed for spending money on crowns so you make a post talking about how you're not going to talk about the fact that you spend money on crowns. Makes perfect sense.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    What I would LOVE to see is an option to own a home that is also a ship! It could be just off an island - like Summerset or Morrowind; perhaps even off of Hew's Bane or The Gold Coast. Several options where this could be placed, actually.

You know this exists right? Colossal Aldmeri Grotto. Not released yet but check the list of homes in your game.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Rogue_Ghost
    Rogue_Ghost
    ✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »

You know this exists right? Colossal Aldmeri Grotto. Not released yet but check the list of homes in your game.

Well, yes it does, but it is also HUGE and looks to be extremely expensive. I don't want a whole grotto - just a ship . Doesn't even need to have a dock! lol
    "Death smiles at us all. All one can do, is smile back."
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erstwhile Sanctuary, Princey Dawnlight Palace, soon the Aldmeri Grotto

Housing is a really relaxing pastime since I moved and got the world most [Snip] isp. Can’t exactly do my usual vet content or PvP when my internet cuts every 30minutes

[Edit to remove censor bypass]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 24, 2018 12:53AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the amount of space available with Princely Dawnlight Palace, and I was not so attached to the idea of it that I wanted to hold out for proper decorating assistance.

Earthtear Cavern I'm personally attached to, so I'm holding out until ZOS fixes decorator privileges to let a designated decorator place items as well as moving them. If my friend whose toon is Mara-pledged to the toon who's going to "live in" Earthtear can't put stuff in it without me being online at the same time, it's not worth all that money to me.
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought Tel Galen and the Observatory Prior.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just one, and that was Earthtear Cavern, because it was the perfect home for my guildies :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    Not worth the money...considering the money they do get doesnt go to fixing the game
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought Earthtear Cavern, Erstwhile Sanctuary, and Tel Galen. Earthtear is my primary and has everything an adventurer could need. Erstwhile is my vampire hide-away. Tel Galen in my private Dunmer home because I am partial to Dunmers.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Princely dawnlight and holding out for Altmeri grotto. until these 2, i have successfully resisted crown only houses... but these just hit all the right buttons for me.

is it worth it for me? absolutely.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    None (0)
    I don't have any crown only houses, but I did buy my house with crowns.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None (0)
    I missed the Pariah’s Pinnacle - not sure if I would have bought it but I do want a house in Wrothgar.

Wish they would release a little house in the city I could buy for gold.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bought the mushroom house because i thought i wanted to make a Telvanni character, but that character hasn't really been played yet. most of my houses are crown-bought, but that's the only one i've ever bought furnished. visitors really do adore it, but i never use it as anything other than a teleport station. once i get Master Angler it'll be my best candidate for floating a boat, and the furniture's cool, but it's largely untouched.

i thought i liked it. i'll buy something if i like it. i also have my eye on Daggerfall Overlook but i'm not hurrying because that seems to be permanently available.

i'm glad they offer houses for Crowns, otherwise i'd have so fewer free teleport spots. i quested up all the free apartment spots and i buy the cheapest ones with gold, but once we reach many hundreds of thousands and then into the millions, i definitely generate cash faster and easier than i generate gold. i've never held a fifth of the gold i'd need for the Overlook, but i can make that many Crowns in a quick afternoon.

the one that tempted me but i didn't buy it, that was the Sanctuary. i walked it a dozen times and couldn't find enough decorating inspiration.