The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Jewelry Crafting Master Writs are worthless

• kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    I had 3 epic today for 8 vouchers each - total shambles. For 8 vouchers they should be Blue. Purple should be 50 and gold should be a hand job
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've sold 5 of them... just pitched at 400 per voucher.

worthless?

no.

You've sold them to plonkers who didn't see they were JC writs... that is all.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that the writs are not worth doing, given the current number of writ vouchers they give. I have six of these in my inventory now - four of them offer a paltry 9 vouchers for creating a purple piece of jewelry. Given the cost of the crit items? 9 vouchers is ridiculous. A legendary one in my inventory only offers 94 writs - again, the reward is not worth the money put into creating the item.

The same is true for the jewelry furniture items. It tells me that either.

1. ZOS didn't take the extra time to think through how they would need to change master writs and recipes with their intended drop rates

OR

2. At some point in the future, they intend to increase the drop rates to the same as for all other crafts.

I personally hope it's the latter. If it's not, then someone at ZOS needs to tweak the jewelry master writs to award enough vouchers to make them worth the investment for doing them and needs to change the furniture recipes so they don't require platings at all.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did yesterday a bunch of non-JC master writs. Writworthy showed totals, about 900 vouchers and costs about 300k. That means i get nearly 3000 vouchers from non-JC writs with a cost of one JC master writ giving 100 vouchers.

Platinum Ounce has crashed to 10g in one month (EU PC), and this means nobody does JC.

JC writs never give golden improvements, so they too are essentially worthless.

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @helediron

Absolutely ON THE MONEY!! Doing the highest level writs should at least give chromium grains... but not even that!! This is a screw job by Zeminax.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    @helediron

Absolutely ON THE MONEY!! Doing the highest level writs should at least give chromium grains... but not even that!! This is a screw job by Zeminax.

We're all getting trolled hard on this one. I'm waiting for ZOS to drop the punchline.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell all my JC Master writs for 1k and people keep buying them. Think I need to up the price. How much can I get for these worthless things?
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get that people are buying them...
    PC-EU @lientier
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I dont get that people are buying them...

Some people will buy at a very low price in the hopes that they become worthwhile later on, leading to a massive profit eventually. Even though nobody in their sane minds will actually do these writs currently, they do have value for speculators.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bet when they 'fix' Jewelry Crafting and the JC master writs, they'll put something in place to prevent those holding onto them from completing them - just like pre-JC jewelry could cot be deconned for mats.

Even the drop rate of chromium grains from refining raw mats is ridiculously low - I've refined at least 4000 raw mats and only have 9 chromium grains. So maybe if I refine another 40k raw mats, I may be close to being able to improve 1 piece of jewelry.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most are buying because they honestly don't see that they are JC writs... they just see the voucher value, think they are getting a bargain - and BOOM... sold. I say that because I sell my low ones for 1-2k easily.. but can't shift the 80+ voucher ones for even 10 gold... lol.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes say the furture ones will be adjusted
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your stuck with the current ones tho
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Your stuck with the current ones tho

Which makes all the current JC Master writs we will receive up to the next patch virtually worthless.

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no news about this? I'm trying to check around in the Forum if ZOS said a freaking word, if these writs will be adjusted or they just introduced TRASH master writs and will leave it as that.

Edited by RANKK7 on July 10, 2018 1:08PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    Still no news about this? I'm trying to check around in the Forum if ZOS said a freaking word, if these writs will be adjusted or they just introduced TRASH master writs and will leave it as that.
    [

Jewelry Crafting
    • Fixed an issue where the Jewelry Crafting Certification quest would accept any ring, rather than only accepting a ring you crafted.
    • Fixed an issue that was causing some of the Rich Seams in Jewelry Crafting Survey: Craglorn III to disappear when you got close to the resource nodes.
    • Added interaction text to Jewelry Crafting Writ Turn-In Crates.
    • Updated the text on the Jewelry Trait Master achievement for clarity.
    • Heavy Sacks will now have a chance to drop Jewelry Crafting Dust instead of Jewelry Crafting Ounces.
    • Dramatically improved the value of Artifact-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, and significantly increased the value of Legendary-quality Jewelry Crafting Master Writs, in terms of their Writ Voucher payouts.
      • All Jewelry Crafting Writs received in the future will see this increased Voucher value; this change will not impact any Jewelry Crafting Master Writs already present in game.

@RANKK7 Current jewelry master writs will not be retroactively adjusted per PTS patch notes.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if the voucher value is multiplied tenfold, it still doesn't address the underlying issue with JC. The plating system is prohibitive to entry for all but the most obsessive grinders, nobody is crafting jewelry right now.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Feric51 Thanks.

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to be getting chromium grains from doing the highest level writs... THIS has to be introduced - because even tenfold the writ voucher value wouldn't bring it into line with other crafts without this being added.

Also... just make it a guarantee to get at least 1 chromium grain from deconstructing a gold jewelry piece... nothing more disheartening than grinding all week for a leaderboard place, only to find the deconstructed jewelry gives you nothing back.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    We need to be getting chromium grains from doing the highest level writs... THIS has to be introduced - because even tenfold the writ voucher value wouldn't bring it into line with other crafts without this being added.

The hard part is convincing ZOS that this needs to be a thing. I want to see a larger sample size of the new master writs on PTS before applying judgement, but if it's simply a 4x multiplier, they are still not worth doing. It's an improvement, but it's not enough to bring these up to a good cost to reward ratio. With no gold mats from top tier writs as well as underwhelming master writs (still), all my toons will stay at tier 1 for jewelry writs.

I get that ZOS wants this to be a difficult grind, but they can't ignore system balance to accomplish that. We can still have a system that rewards appropriately and at the same time can be prohibitively grindy if ZOS wants that. What we have instead is prohibitive grind combined with a poorly thought out rewards system that encourages you NOT to do harder, higher level writs.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if the voucher value is multiplied tenfold, it still doesn't address the underlying issue with JC. The plating system is prohibitive to entry for all but the most obsessive grinders, nobody is crafting jewelry right now.

So far it isn't... I have one master writ earned on PTS, epic 9 trait(Eternal Hunt) robust worth 36 vouchers. Comparing that to the closest I have on live epic 9 trait(Morkuldin) bloodthirsty worth 9 vouchers , it seems that at least on the epic side the multiple is 4. So, still trash.

I would love to see what they did with the legendary ones, but I don't think I will be logging PTS daily doing writs just to find out.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs