The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is thing that is most fun for you in ESO?

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killing gankers in cyrodiil
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    doing anything with my partner_ be it questing or dungeons or trials or occasional pvp.
    I also enjoy talking with my guildies too. can't wait to be back in the game. we're currently taking a break due to interstate moving
    #teamEmeric
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard 4 man dungeons are my thing. I don’t mind trials. But performance issues sucks a lot of the fun out of it. Also I’ve got a newborn daughter so I’ve taken a step back from trials. The three people I do dungeons with are close friends so they don’t mind waiting every now and then while I tend to my kid. A bit more reasonable to ask 3 people to hold up for 5 minutes then 11.
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy talking to the npcs watching their expressions change as they talk and their body language as well. Farming is also fun for me because I get to see the different environment and the ways to interact with them.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Stories questing and clearing the maps.. I detest PvP and am not a huge fan of dungeon min maxing..

If i could just join dungeons with a group of people and casually play them for gear and stories i would.. Sadly i don't even try because everyone blitzes through them and ruins my enjoyment, then probably kicks me..

If you are getting kicked it's because of failing mechanics and/or not being effective at your assigned role.

You can always solo normal dungeons with ease if you want to take your time.

Go create a new account. Get your character to level 10 with 0CP and the gear you found. Then go try and solo some dungeons and tell us how easy it is.

Not everyone is CP750 with gold gear and a build they stole from Alcast.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS
    Makush gro-Shurgal Orc DK DC Tank
    Cleopatra Tharn Imperial Sorc EP Healer
    Daenerys Targaryin Nord Templar DC Healer
    Zar Saarshar Khajiit NB DC Thief
    Celrith High Elf Sorc EP Assassin
    Falcar Dark Elf NB DC Necromancer
    Myriam Blaylock Breton NB EP Vampire
    Nivrillin Wood Elf NB DC Werewolf
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stories for sure, voiced NPC's.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »

What's your favorite story?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP with friends.
    Building Houses.
    Dungeons.
    Anything where I don't have to quest ;)
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Rawkan wrote: »

What's your favorite story?

Probably the Rivenspire main story, love the zone and the experience really stuck with me. How about you?
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing with my core group of 4. And seeing as we've basically gone on hiatus from ESO I'm romping about in Skyrim once more. Just got to make it to ES6. At 48, that should be the last video game I'll ever need.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do enjoy the stories, the open adventure, the thrills in facing greatest dangers or slowly collecting enough coin that put Dragons to shame? What is thing that is most fun for you?

I enjoy the choice. Some weeks it's Cyro, some hours it's BGs. I pve for weeks at a time and do all content at least once including normal trials. Sometimes I do writs, surveys and chat in discord. I am moody. ESO has something for most moods.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Hard 4 man dungeons are my thing. I don’t mind trials. But performance issues sucks a lot of the fun out of it. Also I’ve got a newborn daughter so I’ve taken a step back from trials. The three people I do dungeons with are close friends so they don’t mind waiting every now and then while I tend to my kid. A bit more reasonable to ask 3 people to hold up for 5 minutes then 11.

Congratulations with your newborn :)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    MattT1988 wrote: »

Congratulations with your newborn :)

Much appreciated. Thanks you. :)
  • Maryanne
    Maryanne
    ✭✭✭
    Questing and exploring :)
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like tinkering with new builds and questing mostly. Running dungeons is pretty fun too, but following the different storylines while I collect crafting materials tends to keep me occupied for most of my time in the game.
  • The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭
    abigfishy wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Stories questing and clearing the maps.. I detest PvP and am not a huge fan of dungeon min maxing..

If i could just join dungeons with a group of people and casually play them for gear and stories i would.. Sadly i don't even try because everyone blitzes through them and ruins my enjoyment, then probably kicks me..

If you are getting kicked it's because of failing mechanics and/or not being effective at your assigned role.

You can always solo normal dungeons with ease if you want to take your time.

Go create a new account. Get your character to level 10 with 0CP and the gear you found. Then go try and solo some dungeons and tell us how easy it is.

Not everyone is CP750 with gold gear and a build they stole from Alcast.

I am not CP 750 and use my own builds for the most part. The person I was talking to isn't 0 CP either.

Normal dungeons are easy at any level and you won't get kicked from them unless you are attempting to do the normal DLC ones which are a bit harder and require atleast 160CP with decent gear and knowledge of mechanics. On a side note, they should really make normal DLC dungeons have a minimum of 160CP like the veteran ones do (at 300CP).

If you are level 10 with 0CP you get scaled up. Ever notice that low levels have more raw stats than higher levels? And I was not suggesting a low level to do normal dungeons solo.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is thing that is most fun for you?
    Just walking around in the game.

When the sun sets, the game takes on a more beautiful setting. I love watching the amber colors fill up the area, as NPCs go about with their dialogue (and I don't find it repeating, mostly because it's not actually chasing me as I enter an area).

Summerset has raised a bar in this game. It's the most beautiful place in the entire game, my opinion of course. The abyssal geysers at night are stunningly gorgeous (HDR, perhaps?), and the lush green fields spotted with wild flora and their vibrant colors forces my eyes to refuse to look away.

The sounds in the game are also worth of recognition, most likely ignored by the majority of players who do not turn down the music. How awesome it is to walk through the forests of Grahtwood and hear insects buzzing your ear (headset required for this). How about the wonder of the creature who just roared in the distant. Walking near fire pits to hear the crackle of burning wood is a small touch with big rewards.

I've always been a graphics junkie, and today's games are bringing things to me I could only dream of as a kid playing Adventure on the Atari 2600.

What I love about games like ESO is they don't strive for realistic perfection. It's just a small step away from realism, but in doing so, makes it more gorgeous than realism in its own way, catapulting me into unreal immersion.

One of my favorite things to do in Fallout 4 was to build large settlements without electricity. Fire barrels and lanterns only.

Then install a mod to darken the nights.

I wish ESO had just slightly darker and longer nights. Just slightly.

I'd quit the real world if this happens. :wink:

• ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Thank you all so much for sharing! We're glad to hear you're all enjoying the game. Whether it's making new friends, overcoming challenges, or getting lost in the lore, we love hearing about all the ways you have fun and hope you all continue to enjoy your time in-game.
    Staff Post
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exploration. The landscapes, materials, people and places are top notch. Just beautiful.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    The exploration. The landscapes, materials, people and places are top notch. Just beautiful.

Yep. I'll go days without questing at all. Just pick a direction and see what I can find. And I ALWAYS find something interesting.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logging on.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do enjoy the stories, the open adventure, the thrills in facing greatest dangers or slowly collecting enough coin that put Dragons to shame? What is thing that is most fun for you?

I enjoy most it, the PvP, group content, questlines, wandering around picking flowers, crafting, etc. It's great that it doesn't feel like a constant tedious grind. If one part sticks out it's probably some of the quest lines and some of the NPCs. I think they did a great job with the stories and I enjoy them.

The voice acting is awesome. The only thing i'd change about it would be to add a dialogue line that says "no, I don't know how long you've been looking for me. Please stop asking" and all subsequent dialogue would be "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee, now I'm a recruiter."

Some of the choices in the quests add another dimension to the game. Without spoiling anything, or as little as possible, some of them are just disheartening, but shoving that guy down the well was eerily satisfying.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    PvE type of player

Really enjoy the lore, books, story questing and clearing up all the map pinpoints.

Seldom doing group dungeons with friends (undaunted daily) to kick some time

PvP in Cyrodill is good but nah too tense for me.
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do I find fun about ESO? Just playing the game, it's so complete. The moment I log in I feel at home - much as I used to in EQ, EQ2 and LoTRO before it. It doesn't matter whether it's questing, crafting, mount training, exploring content, there's now so much to do especially if, like me, you take it all at a steady pace with multiple characters and pay attention to what's happening.

When I say it's a complete game, that of course includes things like PvP, group dungeons, trials and the guild trading system, none of which I participate in, but I'm aware of them being there for those that want them. Being on the PC I find much the same thing with addons, I have no desire for them, but they're there for those who do want them.

I'm aware, of course, that I'm fortunate probably due in large part to my playstyle not to have the performance issues that some players undoubtedly suffer from.

So it's the overall sense of completeness that lies behind my enjoyment of the game, and perhaps it's that which also explains why despite the loud voices raised here constantly about the complaints of the month be they performance, balancing, or whatever, those voices are so few compared to the number playing the game.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be quite honest, I enjoy the character creation and first 50 levels the most. There is just so much there, especially now that we can go anywhere!
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    Achievements and story questing, as well as some dailies to collect motifs. Looting and gathering all mats when ESO+ is active is very zen too.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finding new challenges and learning how to master them. I'm an avid PvPer and most of my toons are geared and built for that. I'm pretty rotten at the end-gamer PvE stuff, but I'm learning how to adjust my playing style to try and become proficient at that side of the game. It's a super challenging aspect of the game and it's fun exploring that side of things. Eventually, I hope to be a little less of a scrub (at PvE) and be able to earn some of those upper achievements and skins.

Also, the social side of the game. My guildmates are some of the coolest humans I've met, and this game allows me to spend time with them while doing something that both relaxes and rejuvenates me after a long work day/week.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    farming. fishing, though that is a little masochistic.

above all exploring the land and the stories.
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes i login, find a public bench and just sit there for hours watching people. If I'm feeling a bit mischievous I'll throw a questionable meat sack on the ground and watch the newbs puke...
    Edited by Mattock_Romulus on June 22, 2018 6:38PM
  • Tezzaa
    Tezzaa
    ✭✭✭
    Everything! I love spending time questing and exploring the various zones...house hopping and checking out the amazing creativity others have! The friends I have made from all over the place...some of whom have become very close friends outside ESO.