The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is thing that is most fun for you in ESO?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Do enjoy the stories, the open adventure, the thrills in facing greatest dangers or slowly collecting enough coin that put Dragons to shame? What is thing that is most fun for you?
Edited by Tasear on June 22, 2018 4:00AM
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tackling hard content with some friends and just laugh as we fail and fail. When we finally succeed it feels like the top of the world.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stories questing and clearing the maps.. I detest PvP and am not a huge fan of dungeon min maxing..

If i could just join dungeons with a group of people and casually play them for gear and stories i would.. Sadly i don't even try because everyone blitzes through them and ruins my enjoyment, then probably kicks me..
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Stories questing and clearing the maps.. I detest PvP and am not a huge fan of dungeon min maxing..

If i could just join dungeons with a group of people and casually play them for gear and stories i would.. Sadly i don't even try because everyone blitzes through them and ruins my enjoyment, then probably kicks me..

Think it would be different with a guild or match making? Anyone else feel this way?
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a bit weird, but finding ways to exit the intended playable area, or to get through an exit door of a dungeon. I've been able to do a lot more than most might expect! For instance, you can jump on the torch in the King's Haven delve, near the exit of the Ruins to enter the back door. Granted, there's nothing to be gained by doing this, but it's fun. I've made it many other places, but I dare not tell, for it would be patched!

Honestly, it's the exploration. I only started trying to escape the map after I completed all of the Explorer achievements, and got the Tamriel Hero title. In a way, I wish there were more rewards for those of us who are willing to spend hours hopping around precarious places, just to get to the next ledge above.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil ( when working lol) followed closely by trials with friends :)
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much I enjoy, but right now I'm enjoying Battlegrounds the most.
  • jaylyles06
    jaylyles06
    ✭✭
    Playing through the excellently written stories and exploring, especially in the new zones which are absolutely beautiful.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP with guildies. Fun times!
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP with friends is just stupid fun and you can do what ever you want.

Wolf pack only groups
    Soul assault only ganks
    Troll zergs with full support tank builds

Just a blast to have fun in pvp no other content in the game gives you that much freedom.
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as DanteYoda.

I enjoy the stories, seeing what my favourite characters get up to, leaning more of the lore, and exploring. I also actually enjoy appreciating the work they've put into everything post-old world. At some point after Wrothgar, but before the Gold Coast ZOS invested in environment artists. It really shows. In every DLC I've found things to gawp at. As someone who's actually dabbled in area design, I have a huge amount of respect for the work they do. Playing The Clockwork City recently, I was mesmerised by the delves, ruins, and quest hubs. Such as the Mnemonic Planisphere, for example, the Halls of Regulation and so on. It's simply marvellous.

Aside from this, I also enjoy the mysteries and discussing things with my partner. My partner and I are clue hounds -- we love detective shows, crime mystery tales, that sort of thing. Clockwork City was absolutely riddled with clues about how ESO is set in an alternate timeline to the mainline Elder Scrolls games. There's one point where they make it blatantly obvious when the nature of a certain three items in a memorial becomes apparent. It's fun following these clues and comparing what they've told us against the timeline of Tamrielic history we have now to see where it diverged. It seems to be some point in the first era. Here's a titbit for you: Mournhold was never destroyed. Not an error, that was quite intentional.

It's funny because things that people believe are lore inaccuracies all add up if you're paying attention.

I blame Vivec. He randomly disappeared in the 4th era and Sotha Sil has a special mention of him in a certain place that had us rubbing our chins. It would be immensely fun if they are playing with this, and if they are (and I have a feeling that they are) then I'd very much like to know why.

There are certain key differences, though.

Anyway, this is fun to me. That I can't enjoy the mysteries, architecture, and so on of trials is tiresome to me but -- as I've said before -- ZOS will make their mistakes, those are ZOS's mistakes to make. At least they aren't going further than that in pandering to them. Going further has killed games I've loved. I really don't want to watch another game I love die due to very foolish assumptions as to where the most sustainable source of money is.

Coincidentally, I saw a thread on Massively OP recently about MMO 'expiration dates,' that people leave for a new MMO when one is coming along. That's exactly what the hardcore said they did, in the comments. No point sticking around when the content dries up. The casuals, however, stick with their game and don't believe in expiration dates.

So, yes, I'd love it if they'd open up trials. I really do hope they'll look at their data, at how many people play trials vs the size of their community.

I'm happy with what i have now, though, for the most part.

And I thoroughly enjoy what I am permitted to play.

Edit: I've also found the struggles of certain characters to be fascinating, too, and I've shared their frustration. Divayth is a gentle, considerate introvert who has no patience for flapping mouths, as flapping mouths put people in danger. He's always been patient, encouraged curiosity, and been respectful of the time of anyone he's working with. There's also that moment where you show concern for him and he doesn't quite know how to deal with the feels, which is followed by him being tsundere about being worried about the player. He's a very misunderstood character.

Sotha Sil is actually very literal. "One day you will shine a light." He invites people to question him, to ask, to query. He's actively against mysticism and it makes him uncomfortable, but at the same time he fully understands that people are people. It's also fascinating that he's selfless to the point of actually diminishing his ego through detaching himself from his own memories. So he's this very selfless, literal person that even his apostles fail to understand. It's also why I worry that some might think that a certain three objects are meant in an abstract way, when it isn't so. Sil isn't abstract. I have a sense for the abstract, and for when people are frustrated by it. Sil is as literal as they come. It fascinates me that people trap themselves in their strictured hierarchies and never bother to ask. They assume that they cannot have birds instead of asking, they assume that they cannot leave instead of asking. It's fascinating, but I also share Sil's frustration. Inevitably, people will be people.
    Edited by AuldWolf on June 22, 2018 5:10AM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Used to do lots of pvp, but not much at all anymore. Now I just enjoy adventuring, questing, and customizing my character. (As well as just chatting with guildies)
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭

You're really avid hater of endgame don't you?
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely Cyrodiil. show up with some friends or meet a group of strangers and just get that map all fixed up.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    Same as DanteYoda.

I enjoy the stories, seeing what my favourite characters get up to, leaning more of the lore, and exploring. I also actually enjoy appreciating the work they've put into everything post-old world. At some point after Wrothgar, but before the Gold Coast ZOS invested in environment artists. It really shows. In every DLC I've found things to gawp at. As someone who's actually dabbled in area design, I have a huge amount of respect for the work they do. Playing The Clockwork City recently, I was mesmerised by the delves, ruins, and quest hubs. Such as the Mnemonic Planisphere, for example, the Halls of Regulation and so on. It's simply marvellous.

Aside from this, I also enjoy the mysteries and discussing things with my partner. My partner and I are clue hounds -- we love detective shows, crime mystery tales, that sort of thing. Clockwork City was absolutely riddled with clues about how ESO is set in an alternate timeline to the mainline Elder Scrolls games. There's one point where they make it blatantly obvious when the nature of a certain three items in a memorial becomes apparent. It's fun following these clues and comparing what they've told us against the timeline of Tamrielic history we have now to see where it diverged. It seems to be some point in the first era. Here's a titbit for you: Mournhold was never destroyed. Not an error, that was quite intentional.

It's funny because things that people believe are lore inaccuracies all add up if you're paying attention.

I blame Vivec. He randomly disappeared in the 4th era and Sotha Sil has a special mention of him in a certain place that had us rubbing our chins. It would be immensely fun if they are playing with this, and if they are (and I have a feeling that they are) then I'd very much like to know why.

Anyway, this is fun to me. That I can't enjoy the mysteries, architecture, and so on of trials is tiresome to me but -- as I've said before -- ZOS will make their mistakes, those are ZOS's mistakes to make. At least they aren't going further than that in pandering to them. Going further has killed games I've loved. I really don't want to watch another game I love die due to very foolish assumptions as to where the most sustainable source of money is.

Coincidentally, I saw a thread on Massively OP recently about MMO 'expiration dates,' that people leave for a new MMO when one is coming along. That's exactly what the hardcore said they did, in the comments. No point sticking around when the content dries up. The casuals, however, stick with their game and don't believe in expiration dates.

So, yes, I'd love it if they'd open up trials. I really do hope they'll look at their data, at how many people play trials vs the size of their community.

Edit: I've also found the struggles of certain characters to be fascinating, too, and I've shared their frustration. Divayth is a gentle, considerate introvert who has no patience for flapping mouths, as flapping mouths put people in danger. He's always been patient, encouraged curiosity, and been respectful of the time of anyone he's working with. There's also that moment where you show concern for him and he doesn't quite know how to deal with the feels, which is followed by him being tsundere about being worried about the player. He's a very misunderstood character.

Sotha Sil is actually very literal. "One day you will shine a light." He invites people to question him, to ask, to query. He's actively against mysticism and it makes him uncomfortable, but at the same time he fully understands that people are people. It's also fascinating that he's selfless to the point of actually diminishing his ego through detaching himself from his own memories. So he's this very selfless, literal person that even his apostles fail to understand. It's also why I worry that some might think that a certain three objects are meant in an abstract way, when it isn't so. Sil isn't abstract. I have a sense for the abstract, and for when people are frustrated by it. Sil is as literal as they come. It fascinates me that people trap themselves in their strictured hierarchies and never bother to ask. They assume that they cannot have birds instead of asking, they assume that they cannot leave instead of asking. It's fascinating, but I also share Sil's frustration. Inevitably, people will be people.

Yeah we get it you hate hardcore players. No need to express it in every discussion.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    AuldWolf wrote: »
    Same as DanteYoda.

Yeah we get it you hate hardcore players. No need to express it in every discussion.

7e4.jpg
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Think it would be different with a guild or match making? Anyone else feel this way?

I doubt it, most people are there for the gear not the experience.. I'm a minority that can enjoy running the same content over and over casually and not get bored..

I've leveled 7 characters up so far all through questing..
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 22, 2018 6:19AM
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    Put any NPC with the white aura to sleep..
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Depends on end game, if end game is only dungeons for niche hardcores then yes i hate it, if the content aimed at everyone to get gear while actually enjoying themselves in there friendly.. Not being a competitive championship on every entry i'd be all for it..

Obviously if they aimed dungeons at everybody, everybody would do them.. Some of us aren't competitive at all..
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Perfect idea @Tasear when using the finder if you could select
    - here for the XP rush rush
    - here for the gear only every chest pls
    - here for the first time doing quest, let's enjoy

It would stop half the arguments

But really to enjoy group stuff, you just nd to do with a guild mates
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shopping in guild traders for good find, listing items and accumulating the gold, crafting for random people in zone chat, loot chests and bosses, enjoying the pretty scenery.
    Pc na
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playdates with my GF!
    We're tackling World Bosses and other group content, laughing about silly names and silly toons (sooo many possibilities!) and RPing.
    We're the epitome of casualness.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playdates with my GF!
    We're tackling World Bosses and other group content, laughing about silly names and silly toons (sooo many possibilities!) and RPing.
    We're the epitome of casualness.

And adorablness! I wish you two many great adventures!
    Edited by Tasear on June 22, 2018 6:37AM
  • The_Red_Viper
    The_Red_Viper
    ✭✭✭

If you are getting kicked it's because of failing mechanics and/or not being effective at your assigned role.

You can always solo normal dungeons with ease if you want to take your time.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Saved me the effort.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are getting kicked it's because of failing mechanics and/or not being effective at your assigned role.

You can always solo normal dungeons with ease if you want to take your time.

Maybe or maybe because some folks are overly concerned with status. It happens.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hate? No. Just lack of interest in it.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's talk about fun things :)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fun things PvP, sadly that's ruined now
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be collect the strongest armor, craft a great skillsetup and tackle hard encounters.

But since all the light attack and heavy attack-changes thats down the toilet.

So, right now, there is nothing, which is why I stopped playing like a month ago (still paying for ESO+ like an idiot. I guess because of nostalgia).
    Plus, I cant stand the microstutters anymore. I mean come on, I have 110 fps and the game still stutters....

I will monitor the forums and newsfeeds for signs of removal (or at least toning down) of animation canceling and a fix for microstutters and then maybe come back.

Oh, it also didnt help that the Psyjic-Orderskilline is a MASSIVE grind, and that Summerset is filled with unkillable racist-npcs.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of it but not everything at the same time. First what got me was all the exploring and questing. Then PvP.... and then trials.... and then pledges.... and PvP again...... then trials for a very long time.

After 5k hours+ I started to enjoy housing, no more meta and actually have fun with gear I had for almost 2 years like farming builds and sneaky builds. Even some hybrid tank/healer builds.

Last Sunday I took up PvP again for real (bad timing due to all the bugs :smile: ) and I'll probably will be spending much more time in Cyrodiil from now on. I want to at least get all 15 characters to AvA rank 14 for the skillpoints and to max out with all the passives.

Stopped grinding for gear but I'll probably find something I want at some point. Right now I'm ignoring all the new sets from the last few patches.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP