The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Horrible Customer Service Experience, No Help Offered

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you still are having the problem, have you tried moving the game's installation path? I honestly don't see how Visual C++ would be the problem. It would most likely be either a problem reading your disk (permissions problem, bad sector, protected space install, area being actively scanned on program run by antivirus, etc.) OR connecting to ESO's servers over the internet to get patch data information.

Only you know your network information and running programs, but I can say for certain that an infinite "loading" message in the launcher is indicative of something blocking network access 99.99% of the time. Check your firewall, antivirus programs, and router firewalls. If you have some other program blocking or using the same port then you won't be able to download the patch data and you will not move past that "loading" message. It's also possible your network administrator or ISP blocked you from making the connection. Again, no one knows the details of your network situation.
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    yiasemi wrote: »
    The preposition onto seems wrong to me but it's maybe US English? You foreigners over there in the States are a bit odd. ;)
    It's more the automated nature of the reply and it's unuseful (see and I'm a native speaker) nature that makes people cross.The only thing to try I would add is to remove anti-virus software before installing. That's messed me up at times.

"US English" here. This guy just has terrible grammar and word choice. Not a good look for Support, but ZOS doesn't exactly have good Support. They outsourced for everything except the Crown Store concierge service they ran before gifting went live. If you want to talk to a native speaker, you have to get your ticket escalated.
    Just joshing my Atlantic cousins a wee bit. :#

• DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The preposition onto seems wrong to me but it's maybe US English? You foreigners over there in the States are a bit odd. ;)
    It's more the automated nature of the reply and it's unuseful (see and I'm a native speaker) nature that makes people cross.The only thing to try I would add is to remove anti-virus software before installing. That's messed me up at times.

"US English" here. This guy just has terrible grammar and word choice. Not a good look for Support, but ZOS doesn't exactly have good Support. They outsourced for everything except the Crown Store concierge service they ran before gifting went live. If you want to talk to a native speaker, you have to get your ticket escalated.

Agree about disabling any A/V though. Most installation problems are caused by a conflict, which is usually solved by running the system with minimal processes while installing.

They outsource because CS is notoriously poorly paid, especially for the grief they take on a daily basis. Was in the field for years and the turnover rate is astounding.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turn off Anti-virus (and anti-malware) & firewalls
    if this solves the issue, trouble shoot those items

Turn on port forwarding on your router
    if this solves the issue, trouble shoot this

Use a VPN
    if this solves the issue, look of a new ISP
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • cheops
    cheops
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against foreigners, but...

Yeah, I can't imagine why that didn't go over well. /s

Oh, don't even. It's barely comprehensive. There is no shame in wanting a legible response. Anyone from anywhere can offer it.

that should be "comprehensible"

comprehensible
    kɒmprɪˈhɛnsɪb(ə)l/
    adjective
    adjective: comprehensible

able to be understood; intelligible.
    "clear and comprehensible English"
    synonyms: intelligible, understandable, easy to understand, digestible, user-friendly, accessible; More

lol....
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My launcher hangs in loading and not shows the buttons when I make a portable hotspot of my cellphone and connect to it. It does work smoothly while I have unlimited connection speed, but when I use up all of my data I can continue using data but with limited speed and in this case the launcher seems to be hanging itself for me.
    Sometimes it does happen on slow wifi connection too but the button will appear after some time.
    Never happened to me when I go wired.

Maybe this info will be of some use to you.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on June 22, 2018 10:31AM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been having a really tough time with ESO lately, folks.

It all started about 2 months back; I opened the launcher and it was stuck on "Loading". I left it there for at least 12 hours, and it never changed. No buttons popped up, so I couldn't click the repair options, and the repair program found directly in the files wouldn't run.

So, I scoured Google for solutions, reading a ton about C++ files and clean installs. Lots of different recommendations, and I tried them all; multiple clean installs with multiple clean installs of various C++ versions, with no success. Tried running the game in Safe Mode, and got a host configuration error. No matter what I try, nothing works.

So, after weeks of trying different things, I finally went to customer service. I explained my problem, what I had done to fix it, and asked for more help.

Their response was to run the repair option (EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY SAID I COULDN'T), or to check my web connectivity (which is perfectly fine), and to get back to them for more troubleshooting if that doesn't work.

Of course, none of that worked. I responded immediately, and didn't hear back for 8 days, so I replied again, asking if I was still getting more help.

And this was their full reply, less than 5 hours later:

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Tyrell and I would be happy to help guide you today, my friend ~ !

We very much hope that with trying the previous steps onto your game, that this may allow for you to no longer see this trouble. Please do let us know how all the previous worked out for you, as well as if any new changes have occurred with this process so that we can further investigate into this for you.

We will eagerly await your reply back to us here,

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Tyrell
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

What does that even mean? Is he seriously telling me to do what I've already done AGAIN?

I have nothing against foreigners, but this response is barely comprehensible English, and offered absolutely no help at all.

I've played this game since the beta, bought the Collector's Edition, multiple DLCs, a huge house, and so much more in Crowns. To think that I've put so much money into this game to have this kind of error, and receive this kind of help... it's infuriating.

I just don't want all of that cash to become a total waste because some freak problem I can't fix.

End rant.

Well, assuming you are PC user.

Have you checked Windows Fault Bucket?

Can you recall any changes you made to your hardware "It all started about 2 months back" time frame wise?

Devices *CAN* cause all sorts of problems if they conflict with a program. But... they tend to show up in the Fault Bucket in Windows with a device ID (you might need to search for that ID to identify a hardware issue).

If you have done clean installs and it still happens it can be as simple as a failed device or device that operates in conflict with ESO in some way. I had a somewhat similar problem and it turned out to be a mouse... Went through support and all that and there was no issue on ZOS' end, it was on my end with a device that was conflicting.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there aren't enough emoji's and abbreviations for the OP to understand what is being said to them.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree about disabling any A/V though. Most installation problems are caused by a conflict, which is usually solved by running the system with minimal processes while installing.

They outsource because CS is notoriously poorly paid, especially for the grief they take on a daily basis. Was in the field for years and the turnover rate is astounding.

Agreed. At one point in time I worked in a call center. It was pure hell.
    PC-NA Goat
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    man, this pc stuff is crazy confusing...

so glad this sweet old school set up of mine is still kicking butt...

was able to get this great shot with my old reliable polaroid...

attachment.php?attachmentid=8183&d=1331372140
    Edited by geonsocal on June 22, 2018 7:25PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for you OP. I had re enchanted my maelstrom staff before, and was instructed by support to delete it so they could restore it. After being deleted, they took over a month to restore my item. I was so frustrated dealing with them. They'd only reply half the time. I documented it in the forums.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/329852/unresolved-ticket-poor-communication-from-team-i-was-forwarded-to-finally-resolved#latest

Seriously best of luck to you
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, they haven't. I've tried running the launcher with no firewalls running at all, and no luck. I made sure no weird proxy setting were clicked. I've reinstalled Adobe. I feel like I've tried everything the internet suggests. :(

Did you run as Admin?

I have had to set my Launcher to always run as admin. otherwise every update corrupts my install and I have to delete the game and reinstall and redownload all patches.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭

Just wondering, how do you get a ticket escalated?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »

Just wondering, how do you get a ticket escalated?

Basically, politely explain why the previous recommendation didn't work.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d3adkid wrote: »
    Random Vent: My game doesn't start. !!Help Me!!
    People: Searching for grammatical errors

I honestly had troubles reading what the support guy said.. Not because of its grammar but because i couldn't understand what the support guy was trying to say..
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 23, 2018 4:44AM
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭
    Hey anyone got any salt for my popcorn ? Oh wait i found this thread and read the OP's first post
    Edited by lionofjudah7 on June 24, 2018 4:01PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey anyone got any salt for my popcorn ? Oh wait i found this thread and read the OP's first post

And you didn't even need to dig up a Sload thread. Wait... isn't salt supposed to kill slugs? Something's off over there.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since a similar thread already exists, we will be closing this one down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.