The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"Ultimate Super World Boss"

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
We need a true Ultimate Super World Boss in the game that has an HP Bar of Billion health where it takes at least 24 or 30 to join in a group event a trial, dungeon or team PVP. They many reasons why I think we need an Ultimate Mega Super World Boss in all zones to add more variety of different options for group content. The only reason this is about the Boss or Bosses health bar being billion HP it will be a good challenge. But to the rest of you guys what do you think about an Ultimate Super World Boss having an HP Bar of Billion health? Is it too much or too less or you guys are just chicken?

Locations of Ultimate Super World Boss:
  • Realms
  • Broken Realms
  • Caves
  • Underwater Caves
  • Forgotten Graveyards
  • Forgotten Ruins
  • Hidden Forest
Some of these locations should add a different twist to the way we play. Like giving us a vibe or a familiar like to other dungeons, trials, and World Bosses.

List of Bosses:

Golden Age Werewolf: One of the first to be blessed by Hircine.

Beyond Rage Vampire: A vampire that tried to stay pure until a Villager poisons him out of jealousy & hate.

Daedra that hates all: A Daedra that is slowly rising into power.

The Artifact of Evil: An Expedition Team went to explore a Ruin and find an unknown Artifact one of the Explorers touched the Artifact and killed the Explorers team and never been the same since.

This is just a small example of Ultimate Super World Boss I would like to see.

Let's talk about this topic and figure out what needs to be discussed by breaking down the facts and cleaning up some issues that can display to further this discussion. Don't be afraid to put down your thoughts and ideas feel free to.

Edited by Inhuman003 on June 20, 2018 8:09PM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do not wake the sleeper
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate Super Mega World.... Lag

Check out the fight at a decently crowded Dolmen, and then decide if you really want to fight something with 24-30 people.

(and why, exactly, is a massive HP pool, "challenge"? It's the fight mechanics that make something a challenge, not just making it a big meat wall.)
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much HP =/= difficult and need grp.

Gryphons r easily soloable, it "just" takes ~20 minutes. Its neither difficult nor fun.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out the fight at a decently crowded Dolmen, and then decide if you really want to fight something with 24-30 people.

(and why, exactly, is a massive HP pool, "challenge"? It's the fight mechanics that make something a challenge, not just making it a big meat wall.)

That's what I'm looking for a good monster mechanics that will work for Ultimate Super World Boss.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ll just take pvp without freezing every 10 mins
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

Gryphons r easily soloable, it "just" takes ~20 minutes. Its neither difficult nor fun.

lol I want these Bosses to be hard as hell
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    We need a true Ultimate Super World Boss in the game that has an HP Bar of Billion health where it takes at least 24 or 30 to join in a group event a trial, dungeon or team PVP. They many reasons why I think we need an Ultimate Mega Super World Boss in all zones to add more variety of different options for group content. The only reason this is about the Boss or Bosses health bar being billion HP it will be a good challenge. But to the rest of you guys what do you think about an Ultimate Super World Boss having an HP Bar of Billion health? Is it too much or too less or you guys are just chicken?

• Realms
    • Broken Realms
    • Caves
    • Underwater Caves
    • Forgotten Graveyards
    • Forgotten Ruins
    • Hidden Forest
    Some of these locations should add a different twist to the way we play. Like giving us a vibe or a familiar like to other dungeons, trials, and World Bosses.

List of Bosses:

Beyond Rage Vampire: A vampire that tried to stay pure until a Villager poisons him out of jealousy & hate.

The Artifact of Evil: An Expedition Team went to explore a Ruin and find an unknown Artifact one of the Explorers touched the Artifact and killed the Explorers team and never been the same since.

Let's talk about this topic and figure out what needs to be discussed by breaking down the facts and cleaning up some issues that can display to further this discussion. Don't be afraid to put down your thoughts and ideas feel free to.

make it pug/queable only too. no organized groups or raids. #endtheelitism
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Kawall
    Kawall
    ✭✭✭
    A BILLION health? Do you have any idea how much is that? Even with 100 people it will take half an hour. Considering game won't crash with all that spells and animations are going off.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is what Molag Bal in the sewers should be.

Sadly, someone soloed him and that just lead to the CP cap.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 20, 2018 8:46PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adding more health for the sake of "difficulty" is right up ZoS's alley... so there's that I guess.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »

• Realms
    • Broken Realms
    • Caves
    • Underwater Caves
    • Forgotten Graveyards
    • Forgotten Ruins
    • Hidden Forest

List of Bosses:

make it pug/queable only too. no organized groups or raids. #endtheelitism

that is a good option
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kawall wrote: »
    A BILLION health? Do you have any idea how much is that? Even with 100 people it will take half an hour. Considering game won't crash with all that spells and animations are going off.
    If they're only light attacking, yes.

I'm guessing you haven't run the math on that?

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like an intense World Boss that wanders the landscape like the Bosses in the Imperial City districts.
  • Ruinhorn
    Ruinhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how GW2 works (and its servers) with all these massive events, like Something in the water/Triple Trouble...
    With twice larger amount of effects with around 150 players on map instance (=at the same location near the boss).
    For example it takes about 15 minutes to complete any of these two events. TT takes more if you count pre-event.
    Both events have tactics, and TT requires perfect coordination: usually it's a guild with Discord/TS, where every leader of all 3 groups knows the situation on another group. 3 bosses, 3 different fights with different tactics, same timer for everyone. Try to kill them at the same time, huh?
    Just google and watch yourself.

Or Shatterer: beautiful fight with dragon's landing animation I love best of all. Should be well coordinated too if only you need achievements for a shiny backpack. You can check video too.

Oh, and need to mention that everything of this is possible while using VPN for me. Have zero problems with lags.

So yes, such events are extremely fun, but with ZOS lagging servers I'm not sure it is possible.
    ESO became less laggy for me after upgrading PC and GPU. But even now I experience PR drops from time to time.

That's the reason I don't play ESO much.
    Interesting story, still need to complete CWC and continue with Summerset. But everything beyond story quests is boring.
    Such events make people group together, talk about something, have fun and a chance for rare loot.
    Edited by Ruinhorn on June 20, 2018 8:47PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing new, a copy of event bosses from Guild Wars 2. No need to group, instead we all see an event is on on map and make haste to it from across the globe. A massive lag occurs, server stops, everyone complain. That won't happen on this engine.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just equip some white level 4 gear, remove your CP, unequip your backhand weapon, respect your skill morphs, equip some low level trash pots, and forget you know what food is. Then go fight just about any world boss.

Better yet, just start a new character. This game needs so much more than some "Ultimate Mega Super Sponge World Boss" or whatever you keep calling it, and ZoS should focus their attention on that... not on this.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20130709075244

You mean something like Mega Ultra Chicken? No, shhhhh he is legend.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll say it again ...

We need a hoard of 200 zombies randomly appearing once per hour in Cyrodiil where 199 drop nothing and 1 has a 100% chance at dropping gold jewelry.

Since it’s random it would be ungrindable and no one in their right mind would commit a whole group to a 1 in 200 drop, but if they spawned around you ... it would be epic AF.

* just fix the lag first please.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »

They are not easily soloable. Easy is when your average player can clear it without much struggle. Most players aren't soloing it at all. MANY are doing it slowly and methodically, but that's not the criteria for easy.

As a stamblade, I get toward the end of the white one and I either play 100% perfect or suffer a one shot. That's not easy. I need to be on top of him to surprise attack and keep up fracture and major resolve/ward. Maybe fully ranged players have it totally different, but "easy" is for everyone.

To the OP, 20 is way too many. Something that legitimately needs 6 for a reason other than a gazillion hit points and one shots would be awesome.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not interested. Aside from the logistics of trying to get 20 players all together (herding cats), such fights would simply be disorganized 'herd ball'; that is, not challenging, just irritating.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Need" is a bit of an exaggeration.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yeah would love that
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭

You should definetly check your math. If it takes 12 good players about 10 minutes do beat down vAS with a 10th of the suggested health, why would 100 players (with presumably more than 12 good ones) half an hour?
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »

You should definetly check your math. If it takes 12 good players about 10 minutes do beat down vAS with a 10th of the suggested health, why would 100 players (with presumably more than 12 good ones) half an hour?

Bad (or even just randomly uncoordinated) players can screw things up for the good players. Giant Ball Of Chaos isn't quite the same as a dedicated group working on trial bosses.
  • jroz0
    jroz0
    ✭✭

have you seen how quick the crowded dolmen boss hp goes down? i personally havent had many issues with lag during dolmens, when i say that i mean i see others lagging though my toon still does everything i tell him to with no lag.

I think the super mega OP world boss with a billion hp is a great idea !
  • jroz0
    jroz0
    ✭✭
    Theodard wrote: »
    latest?cb=20130709075244

You mean something like Mega Ultra Chicken? No, shhhhh he is legend.

have you seen the movie chicken park? if not its a must watch lol
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of like the idea. I would like more overland events in general. Like in Summerset, I would love if there was some kind of "Defend Cey-Tarn Keep from the Sload..." Where you had to protect the keep from hoards of sload, operate the keep's siege weapons and stuff. Like an invasion.

Stuff like that I would be all over. And yes, I know that already exists in PVP, but that's different. That's pvp, and we all know the pvp in this game sucks. These would be PvE events. I think that would be cool.
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 21, 2018 12:00AM
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear. This is clearly a satire. Did you see the suggested names of these bosses? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. On the astoundingly small off-chance that this isn't satire (which would make my head spin, since surely it must be), then you can have these super bosses if you pay for them. (Not much of a likelihood of that, eh?)
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    I do enjoy that the world bosses in Black Desert Online spawn like twice a day or something and 100+ people rush to the location because everyone wants the drop off of that boss.

I'd like to see something like that in ESO. Molag Bal spawns in with a billion health and huge AOE attacks and we all go to send him back to Oblivion and a chance for a really cool drop. That would be epic.

-Aletheion
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the Vampire one, unless he has harkons blood or lamaes power he should be below my level, and what Vampire gets tricked by a pathetic mortal , also the staying pure thing. A boss like that would be an embarrassment to Vampires everywhere in tamrial.
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on June 21, 2018 3:32AM
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º