The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official response from ZOS to MY ticket, how to play without steam.

chexor
chexor
✭✭✭
"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

In order to play the game outside of Steam you would need to purchase a copy of the game outside of Steam.
However, being you account was originally created through Steam, we cannot guarantee that you will not have issues with the account if you did play it out side of Steam."

So basically, company that has whole control over game and distribution tells me if i want to play a game, i need to buy it again, no matter i have spent over 150euros.
And if things can not get any worst after weeks of silence about steam login issue, they are now offering one more free crate which include useless poisons or cosmetics.
@ZOS_GinaBruno Been almost 12 hours since problem occurred, and more then 6 hours from last update, and you are still "investigating"

• DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You spent 150 euros on anything from Steam???? What on earth is wrong with you?
    chexor wrote: »
    "Greetings,

In order to play the game outside of Steam you would need to purchase a copy of the game outside of Steam.
    However, being you account was originally created through Steam, we cannot guarantee that you will not have issues with the account if you did play it out side of Steam."

So basically, company that has whole control over game and distribution tells me if i want to play a game, i need to buy it again, no matter i have spent over 150euros.
    And if things can not get any worst after weeks of silence about steam login issue, they are now offering one more free crate which include useless poisons or cosmetics.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Been almost 12 hours since problem occurred, and more then 6 hours from last update, and you are still "investigating"

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find the game for 5 dollars if you reaaaaaaaally look on the Internet......and I mean in like a 3 second search you can find it

Buy it (non steam) try to login with account.

If it doesnt work, well you lost 5 dollars *twirls finger* if it works, great! No more being one of the red headed step children of the eso community.

Worth a shot ya know
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »
    You spent 150 euros on anything from Steam???? What on earth is wrong with you?
    "Greetings,

ESO +, DLC's, Morrowind, Summerset :)
  • Caelnir
    Caelnir
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, you get DLCs and expansions as installed already as they are already attached to your account.
    Only reason youare buying base game is to unlink your steam.
    You don't need to buy everything. Since when people are whining over things that they are ignorant about.
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    You can find the game for 5 dollars if you reaaaaaaaally look on the Internet......and I mean in like a 3 second search you can find it

If it doesnt work, well you lost 5 dollars *twirls finger* if it works, great! No more being one of the red headed step children of the eso community.

Worth a shot ya know

Oke, good point, let's say 2 years ago, eso sold 500 000 copies on steam, best era of ESO, now it should be around what, 700k/800k, if just 2-3% of this people decide that they are sick of ZOS ignoring them, and they buy new game as you said, that gives them profit of 200 000$ and more, and what do you think the solution for this problem costs?
    They are just careless about us, even tho they are "our" official support, but they dont really care about it.
    Edited by chexor on June 19, 2018 10:56PM
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭

Worth a shot ya know

The anti-consumerism and company shilling in this makes me sick. Forcing customers to buy a product again (regardless of the price) just so they can have access to its services that they have already paid for? Stop, you're not doing the industry or video game customers any favors with this mindset.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol to Zo$ reply
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth a shot ya know

The anti-consumerism and company shilling in this makes me sick. Forcing customers to buy a product again (regardless of the price) just so they can have access to its services that they have already paid for? Stop, you're not doing the industry or video game customers any favors with this mindset.

I agree, 100% but it is obvious zos AND steam are not ever going to let you delink from steam if you bought it through steam, let alone will this issue ever be resolved nor any issue eso has on a daily basis.

Worth a shot ya know

Oke, good point, let's say 2 years ago, eso sold 500 000 copies on steam, best era of ESO, now it should be around what, 700k/800k, if just 2-3% of this people decide that they are sick of ZOS ignoring them, and they buy new game as you said, that gives them profit of 200 000$ and more, and what do you think the solution for this problem costs?
    They are just careless about us, even tho they are "our" official support, but they dont really care about it.

See my comment above, if it works then great you couldn't buy a bag of flippin doritos this month but you can enjoy your game with no more steam issues.

Which if that works then that means the resolution to the issue is just being held hostage :)

If it doesnt work well you cant enjoy your game nor the doritos and zos got your money lol

I was just merely throwing out an idea. Would you rather never be able to unlink which IS the outcome, or spend 5 dollars (vs the 60 it was, 30? 15?) And see it it works.

Dont have too, just thought it might work ya know
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Steam (i.e. Valve) wields tremendous power - the technical term, I believe, is "sh!!-tons of power". Once your ESO is bound to Steam, ZOS does not have full control any more. De-linking your account would be ruled out by Steam even if ZOS wanted to, and they won't break up with Steam because see above.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a steam issue.
  • AgentOrangeR
    Yes, this is a bad workaround, but I did buy the base game on sale now, and I'm not regretting it. I'm free from steam!! The unlinking could be contractual constraints that ZOS can't do anything about now. So the monetary cost was the equivalent of a meal at a restaurant, freedom from steam is priceless
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Greetings,

And this is BS anyway. You create the login and password separately from Steam initially, because you have to login to that account in order to link it to Steam.

The account is not a Steam account...it's an ESO account, and for those that have non Steam versions, as well, it doesn't work, as it throws an error telling you to login through Steam.

It's like saying if I come over to your house and try to use my credentials on your client that I have to pay for an additional license to do so.

***. The fact that I even have a valid login means I've already paid for said license.

It's CS saying what they think the answer should be, however it's not entirely correct!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Z3vra
    Z3vra
    Caelnir wrote: »
    Dude, you get DLCs and expansions as installed already as they are already attached to your account.
    You don't need to buy everything. Since when people are whining over things that they are ignorant about.

How?
  • S_Ravenlock
    S_Ravenlock
    ✭✭✭
    Z3vra wrote: »

How?

You rebuy the base game from ZoS themselves, it is $10 at the moment. You can then launch the game through eso64.exe directly, with your characters, sub, all the DLCs and cash shop items in tact.
    Several people on the forum have reported success with this method.

Whether you want to reward ZoS' failure to fix this by giving them more money is up to you of course.
    Mirianna Valoran, Templar, EU
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    It can be perceived as if they did this on purpose to get some extra bucks from people by buying the game again, however it sounds, the possibility is there.
  • Z3vra
    Z3vra
    Z3vra wrote: »

How?

You rebuy the base game from ZoS themselves, it is $10 at the moment. You can then launch the game through eso64.exe directly, with your characters, sub, all the DLCs and cash shop items in tact.
    Several people on the forum have reported success with this method.

Whether you want to reward ZoS' failure to fix this by giving them more money is up to you of course.

It is not working for me. I started eso64.exe, fill my non-steam account (existed already) credentials and got no dlcs, no collections, no characters
  • CoyoteNZ
    CoyoteNZ
    ✭✭
    You can never unlink games from steam. This isn’t a Zos/EOS thing, it’s a steam thing as it’s the same with other games I play which have native and steam ability.

As for one account theory, can’t state much about that, I have xbox and pc both purchased and Li led with zos, but they are completly seperate. Nonshearing of dlc, subscribe, toons, crown purchases etc. not even sure why I’ve really linked my Xbox version, don’t seem to gain anything from the linking.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »
    You can never unlink games from steam. This isn’t a Zos/EOS thing, it’s a steam thing as it’s the same with other games I play which have native and steam ability.

As for one account theory, can’t state much about that, I have xbox and pc both purchased and Li led with zos, but they are completly seperate. Nonshearing of dlc, subscribe, toons, crown purchases etc. not even sure why I’ve really linked my Xbox version, don’t seem to gain anything from the linking.
    This is patently untrue. There is an 'offline mode' on nearly every game available if it does not rely directly on steam servers for lobby purposes.

It's that way specifically so you don't lose game time if the Steam servers are having issues.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Z3vra
    Z3vra
    CoyoteNZ wrote: »

This is patently untrue. There is an 'offline mode' on nearly every game available if it does not rely directly on steam servers for lobby purposes.

It's that way specifically so you don't lose game time if the Steam servers are having issues.

Do you have any instructions, links to websites and something how to do it step-by-step? I was trying with my two accounts -> steam and non-steam and they have different content, different collections, different dlcs.

I have no chance to do it how had you say.

I need to buy additional (third) new account for $10 to do it?
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭
    "Greetings,

You bought it at a different retailer then ZoS, which means you bought your digital license from steam. So indeed ZoS cannot guarantee that it will completly work without problems.
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have decided to get a service not from the original producer but through a third party company that profits from this activity. You decided. Who's to blame, apart the healer?
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is on sale for $10. This will allow you to play directly without steam.

Is it worth $10 to you to free yourself from steam ?
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, since we already have another thread open on this topic we have decided to close this one. Please keep an eye on the other thread for official updates regarding this situation. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.