The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom arena set weapons

enyqvist
enyqvist
Soul Shriven
So im interested in farming the permafrost and winterborn sets from maelstrom arena, planing to combine them with the iceheart monster set. Its not meta i know, but its sounds frosty and satisfying to me :). The question i have, which i havnt found a clear answer to in older discussions, is if the weapons for these sets actually exists? eso wiki says yes, but im not really convinced since i have actually not seen these weapons in builds, pictures, videos etc. I was hoping to get some clearance on the matter before i start my glorious grind, thanks in advance
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they exist, but I think you only get 1 set weapon per run so it might take awhile to get what you’re looking for.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They certainly exists and they drop from the last in both veteran and normal.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. One armour piece or jewellery from x3 different sets per round completed. A weapon alongside a maelstrom drop at the finale. Ive been running veteran maelstrom like 3 times a day to try and get the lightning staff, gotta say it’s a pain but worth it. And you’ll get a nice (sort of) weapon alongside the one you’re looking for too :)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is exactly what I use on my frost warden. The sets can be acquired relatively quick. If it’s the visuals you are after, it’s cool. There’s a lot of stuff going on and it procs a lot.

Performance wise, you’d probably look elsewhere. I switched up to an ice staff back bar, Lightning front bar.

The damage is OK, but a lot more can be had with different setup. You probably won’t see any builds posted with it because it’s not maximum damage. I would say again, it’s OK

Also of note, the jewelry is weird. It can drop in healthy, robust or arcane. If your looking for a certain type of weapon, it’s one heck of a grind.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a 1/7x0 something chance to pull a weapon out which is why made this Thread But all i got were trolls and star farmers.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.