The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] A proposal to even the distribution of loot between endgame content [MA] [AS]

sharquez
sharquez
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently Maelstrom Arena contains 6 different sets in it's loot table. (In addition to the coveted Maelstrom weapons but that is not what i wish to discuss). While Asylum Sanctorum Has... Nothing but zone drops and the Asylum Weapons... I propose that the Succession, Parabellum, and Glory sets be moved to Asylum Sanctorum's drop table instead of having an instance that has a disproportionate amount of drops to sort through... No other content except the base game trials (which alleviate the difficulty in finishing the sets by sheer volume of drops between group members) has this disproportionate difficulty in obtaining loot. To get say a Permafrost Lightning Staff you have a 1 out of 104 (my math may be off) chance to get the drop after finishing this content and you don't even have the benefit of trading with other group members who got lucky. Why these sets? They are the loosest sets tied to the lore and feeling of Wrothgar and Probably would fit better with Asylums Mechanics anyway. Boss uses multiple elemental attacks (Succession) Is Protected by a shield occasionally (Parabellum) and Felms and Llothis teleport around dodging efforts to fight them (Glory). Anyhow that's my 2 cents.

TL;DR Move the Succession, Parabellum, and Glory Sets to Asylum Sanctorum to fix disproportionate Drop tables
At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    even the distribution of loot

ZGLUhO0.png
    Edited by LadyLavina on June 19, 2018 11:56PM
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty indifferent on this idea.

The 5-piece sets in both MA and AS are far from meta.

Though I hope you’re running Maelstrom on normal if the only thing you need is a Permafrost Lightning Staff.

If that’s not your goal, what’s the hidden agenda then?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players clear vMA and vAS for the special weapons. They can care less about the rest of the drops so nothing needs to change. That is the part you did not want to discuss since it kinda tears apart the argument.
    Edited by idk on June 20, 2018 12:07AM
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty indifferent on this idea.

The 5-piece sets in both MA and AS are far from meta.

Though I hope you’re running Maelstrom on normal if the only thing you need is a Permafrost Lightning Staff.

If that’s not your goal, what’s the hidden agenda then?

They kinda have a hard time being meta if you have double the weapons to farm on the drop table with only 1/4-1/12 of the players to farm it with , Let alone their questionable usefulness.

My agenda is to make the farming of specific Non Vet Maelstrom set weapons like permafrost or winter-born more accessible to all players. A 1/104 chance to get any specific weapon is ridiculous odds for that and vastly disproportionate to farming any other sets in the game.
    idk wrote: »
    Players clear vMA and vAS for the special weapons. They can care less about the rest of the drops so nothing needs to change. That is the part you did not want to discuss since it kinda tears apart the argument.

I don't want the discussion derailed by talking about Maelstrom and Asylum weapons is all. They are an non factor in my argument in the slightest. (Tear it apart really? Don't be ridiculous.)

I'm talking about other sets that don't even have a chance to be farmed in earnest because the weapons (and jewelry for that matter) have the most broadly varied drop tables of any sets out there since you cannot lean on your allies to help you complete the sets.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sharquez, unless you need purple jewelry (veteran mode) or gold jewelry (leaderboards), it takes about 30-45 minutes to run the whole arena on normal.

That's nine (9) set piece drops in 30 minutes.

Which is a good haul ... even with the set weapon drops skewed toward the later arena rounds and six item sets in the loot tables.

Hence my question about a hidden agenda.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 20, 2018 1:26AM
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Mean Eso is an MMO after all 'Id rather be playing with my friends than spending a whole patch farming for sets weapons I want to try to help mitigate problem in this pvp meta in a solo instance. I'm hoping the new upcoming area I heard about is a bit more social. A Two man arena would be wonderful. but I digress. I'ts only relatively recently that weapons for theses sets even became available, and I see no harm in diluting the loot tables so players have a better chance to get gear they might want to use while not being on hiatus from social activities for too long.
    Options
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »

ZGLUhO0.png

LOL
    Options
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, I guess there are more important issues to talk about these days Since all I've gotten is forum star farmers... Here's hoping that one day some of the pain points of grinding will be further addressed.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt i could do it in 30 minutes with my gears... more like 3 days of dying straight..
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »

ZGLUhO0.png

LOL best thing I've seen on these forums. Ever.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options